So… what’s going on with Pteranodon Flyers? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

So… what’s going on with Pteranodon Flyers?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the problem with any replacement that isn’t a carbon copy is that, assuming it is stays contained to its footprint, a replacement would lose the only thing that makes Flyers unique… the free-dangling experience. The ride path is extremely simple and experience generally uninteresting, aside from its striking height and uncontrolled swings.

The age restriction was established to address capacity issues (it use to get three-hour waits). The capacity issues occurred because the ride intended to be strictly kid-focused, but inadvertently became popular for adults. Rebuilding it with modern principles (and improved capacity) likely ruins it. At that point, replace it.

But then you run the risk of losing the playground.

What about replacing it with a Mack suspended powered coaster and keep the same footprint. This would make the ride available to more riders and be a ‘low’ cost fix.

What about replacing it with a Mack suspended powered coaster and keep the same footprint. This would make the ride available to more riders and be a ‘low’ cost fix.

@Legacy already pointed out why this probably wouldn't work for several reasons. You're assuming it would keep the same footprint -- this isn't necessarily true. If you expand the ride's audience to exponentially more riders, where does the additional queue go?

The same footprint really works only with swinging cars in my opinion. Also a long train is not feasible as the blocking areas wont support it. I think the restrictions placed on it has everything to do with capacity and not design. I don't think they realized adults without kids would want to ride it as it is pretty much a lackluster layout and really just a suspended leisure ride but thrilling enough for kids.

But I do have the credit lol lol.

@Legacy already pointed out why this probably wouldn't work for several reasons. You're assuming it would keep the same footprint -- this isn't necessarily true. If you expand the ride's audience to exponentially more riders, where does the additional queue go?
Do you feed it through some of the caverns that are there? Seems impossible but just spitballing here.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Do you feed it through some of the caverns that are there? Seems impossible but just spitballing here.

There's definitely a world where they could significantly rework or even bulldoze half of Camp Jurassic or more to accommodate a new version of the Flyers and any necessary queue... but given how undeniably beautiful and popular the area remains, I think most people were hoping they wouldn't go that route.

There's definitely a world where they could significantly rework or even bulldoze half of Camp Jurassic or more to accommodate a new version of the Flyers and any necessary queue... but given how undeniably beautiful and popular the area remains, I think most people were hoping they wouldn't go that route.
I don't wanna live in that world. . .

Reactions: UniversalRBLX