So when will the Kid Zone closures begin? | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

So when will the Kid Zone closures begin?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Peanuts ride confirmed.

giphy.gif

What year is Japan’s Nintendo land set to open? Has it broken ground?

Back a few years ago when I’d heard that Japan would be getting it first, there were mutterings that stateside parks couldn’t begin construction until Japan’s was completed and Nintendo approved of the final product. Nintendo was in no hurry to install these in all of the planned parks and was more concerned about quality and appeal.

That was a while ago and things change (and I’ve stayed away from anything parks related for well over a year now), but I think we all expected Kidzone to close years ago. Personally speaking, if Nintendo japan is opening in 2019 or early 2020, I’d expect closure and demo to start a half-year before, and construction to start a few months prior to their ground opening.

SNW in Japan has been in construction since June 2017 in time for the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. SNW in Orlando might be slated for opening in 2021 in time of Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary, while Los Angeles gets its Nintendo version in 2022/23.

Reactions: Coasted
They were smart to avoid the KidZone closures this long though. With F&F still not open, T2 closed, Cinematic Spectacular not showing, plus next door the water rides in refurb and Dragons shuttered, things would have started to feel slightly DHSish.

They were smart to avoid the KidZone closures this long though. With F&F still not open, T2 closed, Cinematic Spectacular not showing, plus next door the water rides in refurb and Dragons shuttered, things would have started to feel slightly DHSish.

Eh, If I were making decisions, I'd make a really attractive deal for 3 park passes around the time all the closures are announced and leave some secret insider loophole open for it to continue to be used through peak times whilst half of the parks are closed and under construction.

Reactions: tankart150