Soarin Status | Inside Universal Forums

Soarin Status

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 17, 2009
According to @Skubersky, at today's TEA SATE theme park designers conference, Disney imagineers said that Soarin's film could be changed but "this is NOT an announcement".

Not to surprising if it does eventually happen after all of the discussion and rumors surrounding Soarin' lately.

I'd personally like to see Soarin' Around the World. Maybe start out in California, pass Florida and move eastward across the globe.

Hopefully they will make the transition between destinations a lot better than just a flash cut. Add in some clouds. :lol:

Soarin over Disney! :happy:

Flying over all the Disney parks around the world and their locations

I'd personally like to see Soarin' Around the World. Maybe start out in California, pass Florida and move eastward across the globe.

I agree, if it's pieced together properly, across the world could be awesome. Highlights from all 7 continents, well known places and hidden gems, then it could all come together at the end like the current Soarin' but with WDW instead of DL.
I really hope they do change the film sometime soon, I mean the current film's great but it doesn't make as much sense in Florida as it does in California.

Soarin over Disney! :happy:

Flying over all the Disney parks around the world and their locations

I like that idea! :ears:

Since you'll be flying around the different Disney's and they're respective regions:

California - Keep the orange field scene
Florida - Add a flyover the beaches and have a ocean smell
France - Fly over flower fields and have the flower smell pumped in
China/Japan - Doesn't have to have a smell

Since you'll be flying around the different Disney's and they're respective regions:

California - Keep the orange field scene
Florida - Add a flyover the beaches and have a ocean smell
France - Fly over flower fields and have the flower smell pumped in
China/Japan - Doesn't have to have a smell

Come on, that's the easiest one: Chinese and Japanese food!!!:drool5:

Yea but since the flyovers are over large scale landscapes, you'd have to fly through the streets of Japan and China, and hand gliders don't fit there :lol:

I'm all in for the Soarin' Around The World idea. It surprises me though that Soarin' wasn't a worldly experience to begin with, considering the World Showcase and the international vibe around the entire park.

I'm all in for the Soarin' Around The World idea. It surprises me though that Soarin' wasn't a worldly experience to begin with, considering the World Showcase and the international vibe around the entire park.

Because TDO was lazy and decided instead of a new film they would just ask Disneyland for a burned copy of there ride.

Well the original idea when Soarin was brought over was purposely bringing a lot of things over from Cali. Soarin, the dinosaur in AK and the parade that is now being removed from DHS.

Personally I just wish they would have done it right from the beginning and built 3 theaters as well. 2 does not hold the capacity that they need in the park.