Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

South Parking Entrance

There's no way to redirect eastbound to the south garage aside from the terrible u-turn right?
upload_2017-2-21_23-25-53.png
Not really lol.
Blue represents eastbound again. You can get off at Universal Blvd and proceed to the Garages that way
OR
Exit at Kirkman (For Now) and turn into Universal via Major Blvd and come back south on Universal Blvd to the garages.

If that South Garage is open, you can take it. I always see it open early and usually take it when I do go. But timing is important because sometimes they put they cones/poles out and you can not enter.

Green is westbound. Same concept pretty much. Exit on Kirkman and enter garage through Major blvd/Universal Blvd.
OR
Come up through Cabana Bay exit and come back eat on Hollywood Way and enter either parking area.

Don't think I've ever seen that entrance open. Normally just go through the north entrance then take a right turn and directed to the south garage.
If you are going during HHN it's open nearly every night and you are directed to use it as well, especially if you show up around 8-9.

Another thing to take into account is labor. By funneling everybody through the north garage tolls they don't have to staff anybody at the south toll. Once Volcano Bay opens they'll be forced to for reasons cited above. I reckon that once VBay opens, they'll reroute I4 East Bound traffic to the new Kirkman exit and have drivers enter the resort from the Kirkman entrance. From there, UO will have to make the south garage the primary garage (north garage is now) because that's where the VBay shuttle terminal is.

I'm surprised people are saying they never see it open because it's open pretty much every day. They usually have it open during the morning rush so that the tolls don't get too backed up. Once the amount of incoming vehicles dies down, they close it and everyone enters through the North tolls.

I think we've stayed on site each visit since CBBR opened, so no clue what things are like currently. We often stayed at a place like the Days Inn or the Double Tree or something on Kirkman.

Anyway, coming on I-4 from the Turnpike, I've been under the impressing that the highway signs can direct you to different exits for UoR parking, then once on-site, I recall the arrow signs being electronic as well.

When we've gotten of at the Kirkman Exit, you can't get to the turn lane to make the 1st left so I think we've come in via Universal Blvd.

Just seems to me they have the ability to move the traffic to use different toll entrances.

I think we've stayed on site each visit since CBBR opened, so no clue what things are like currently. We often stayed at a place like the Days Inn or the Double Tree or something on Kirkman.

Anyway, coming on I-4 from the Turnpike, I've been under the impressing that the highway signs can direct you to different exits for UoR parking, then once on-site, I recall the arrow signs being electronic as well.

When we've gotten of at the Kirkman Exit, you can't get to the turn lane to make the 1st left so I think we've come in via Universal Blvd.

Just seems to me they have the ability to move the traffic to use different toll entrances.
The thing with those old I4 exits at Kirkman is that if one was going to Universal and somehow missed the first exit, they had another chance with an exit coming right up after it. I love that about Universal.

And Vice Versa

If one was intending to get off where Cabana Bay is but got off on Kirkman or Sand Lake they could still easily get to Universal.

The I-4 Ultimate consturction is going to add another "entrance" to Universal, at least on Eatbound i-4. The new bridge on Major Blvd/Grand National over to the Outlet Mall/Fun Spot will have its own exit (it's also the start of the new express toll lanes), which means another exit option to go straight into Universal on Major, and that route has access to both garages. All westbound traffic is directed toward the adventure way exit right now and westbound to Universal Blvd because of all that I-4 construction, which makes Kirkman a real cluster (at the moment). After it's all done, it'll probably revert to the old way, with the addition of the new Major Blvd exit.

Still the electronic signage that allowed them to switch exits is gone since the construction started.

New I-4 interchange doc
http://i4ultimate.com/documents/2015/08/Package_1_Roadway_Plan-Profiles_rasterized_reduced_03.pdf