Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Spider-Man getting HD Upgrading

Having the fireball working again is a step in the right direction. Hopefully Doc Ock's heat comes back soon.

I noticed the blurriness of the elevation scene the last couples times I rode it too. I assume its a projector issue.
I'm a bigger fan of the archaic old school version of that effect

The levitation effect on the sides stop midway through now opposed to years back
Old Version:

New Version

Thanks for the citations... Looks like they wanted to maybe draw emphasis to the new silhouettes in the windows? Yeah, I prefer the constant motion.

Only other change I wasn't a fan of in the transition to 2.0 was the elimination of the Hydroman fog blast in the run-up to the climax. No idea why they thought cutting that was a good idea.

Thanks for the citations... Looks like they wanted to maybe draw emphasis to the new silhouettes in the windows? Yeah, I prefer the constant motion.

Only other change I wasn't a fan of in the transition to 2.0 was the elimination of the Hydroman fog blast in the run-up to the climax. No idea why they thought cutting that was a good idea.

Funny you say this because it’s one of the things I never got about the original...why go through the trouble of animating the guy getting blown up only to hide it with fog? The fog blast was objectively cooler but if I had worked on that animation I’d be like what the hell man

The new version of the effect lines the projected windows up with the buildings on the main screen 100% perfectly aligned. Even gradually slowing to a stop and merging with the screen’s levels of rooflines. I rode it today. Sure, the old effect was pretty effective when it worked. But this new version matches the motion of the main screen better to me.

Interesting that the Doc Ock heat effect is not working, the last two times I was at USJ (this year and last year) it was also not working there either. Could it be more than a coincidental break down? Purposeful?

Interesting that the Doc Ock heat effect is not working, the last two times I was at USJ (this year and last year) it was also not working there either. Could it be more than a coincidental break down? Purposeful?
Is it on at Transformers? That’s the real question.

Is it on at Transformers? That’s the real question.
I was on Transformers on Monday. Can confirm that the heat effect from Megatron's missile is still in working order.

Not sure why its still not working on Spider-Man, but I fear it isn't coming back.

I love how Spider-Man and JJJ are voiced by Chris Edgerly (Peter Potamus from Harvey Birdman...)
nice tribute to the Hanna-Barbera ride (IK most of you disagree, but to me it's like a reminder that HB is still prominent in the parks in even the smallest form... like how Disney replaced Gary Owens' World of Motion with John Michael Higgins' Test Track... and JMH is Mentok...)