Springfield Expansion | Page 156 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ooops, you're right. It was renewed for 2 seasons, 2013 and 2014. Not 3. Sorry.
See this is my point. I think there trying to cram episodes because it may not get renewed for season 26. For example I am a huge fan of the simpsons and I keep up with all the episodes that are upcoming but I didn't even hear about Sunday nights episode up until Thursday. Also The Fabulous Faker Boy was going to be the season finale but then three episodes just came out of nowhere. Almost like they know its not going to be renewed. :shrug:

Last edited:
If not, we can all meet at Moe's and toast the demise.

That said since Futurama is gone and Simpson's may be on it's way out, what next for Matt? Will NBC pick it up to continue pushing the IP? I would LOVE to see a Life in Hell late night product.

tumblr_ma91tfKJla1qinw11o1_1280.jpg

Alright, this is getting ridiculous. Transformers announcement before Simpsons I expected, but Phase 2 of Harry Potter before The Simpsons announcement?

Either we are not getting an announcement, or something else is going down.

Maybe the thaught is, they want as much attention on Universal before making a meager SImpsons announcement. With now tons of people finding out about HP.2, thatll be even more eyes on the resort, so maybe they will in fact make an anouncement for Springfield soon. Also remember, they havent announced the rides yet.

Yeah, so with Potter announced today, I have no hope for an announcement or any sort of pre-opening hype for Springfield. And if there will be any, it'll be under the shadow of TF and Potter...

BTW, from earlier, by @OrlandoInformer:

Moe's Tavern got some doors [HASHTAG]#TheSimpsons[/HASHTAG] @UniversalORL

BJwqWdHCYAAS6pU.jpg:large

and...

[HASHTAG]#HarryPotter[/HASHTAG] might be in the news today, but plenty happening in [HASHTAG]#TheSimpsons[/HASHTAG] expansion @UniversalORL

BJwrpBNCEAA7plP.jpg:large

I'm actually pretty stoked to see the final result of what Springfield looks like! I'm hoping that there will be windows for Android's and that it has great affect screens in the windows to make it looks real!

Was anyone else surprised to see both Marge Simpson and Harry Potter on the front of the Orlando Sentinel today? It turns out that they had a picture of Marge for some famous moms thing for Mother's Day, but it was directly above the Harry Potter Diagon Alley artwork. I was sure I had missed a Simpson's announcement! :doh:

If this was Disney, they would have had three press cofrences about this expansion by now.
one on the announcement, second on the new spinner ride and how it "tells a story", and third on the outfits/costumes the fast food counter workers will be wearing when they serve you fries.

When is this scheduled to be complete.... OI said yesterday in the fall? But I thought it was for summer? I'm confused :(

Was anyone else surprised to see both Marge Simpson and Harry Potter on the front of the Orlando Sentinel today? It turns out that they had a picture of Marge for some famous moms thing for Mother's Day, but it was directly above the Harry Potter Diagon Alley artwork. I was sure I had missed a Simpson's announcement! :doh:

Matt Groening's mom, the inspiration for Marge, passed away.

I get that the Simpsons will not get TF hype and Potter hype, but give me a break. If they don't say ANYTHING about this project, it will be "same old Universal" all over again. A season finale teaser would have been perfect! A minute on tv was all they needed! Bottom line they have to say something. Carnival games are one thing. A Simpsons fan's dream come true is another. Just let the Sentinel know or post a random post on Facebook. That's all they need to do.

Matt Groening's mom, the inspiration for Marge, passed away.

I get that the Simpsons will not get TF hype and Potter hype, but give me a break. If they don't say ANYTHING about this project, it will be "same old Universal" all over again. A season finale teaser would have been perfect! A minute on tv was all they needed! Bottom line they have to say something. Carnival games are one thing. A Simpsons fan's dream come true is another. Just let the Sentinel know or post a random post on Facebook. That's all they need to do.

They will do something, when it opens. They are just not doing anything in advance. But people will know about it once it opens. E-mails will go to passholders, facebook will be updated, their website will be updated, it will be in new ads, etc. They just don't feel announcing in advance will get them anything. People won't be planning their vacation to see a spinner and places to eat. They know this, so they know not to over-hype it and have disappointed fans. They would rather use TF to get people to book this year, Phase 2 to get people to book next year, and JP to get people to book in 2015. Makes sense what they are doing. But in between those major additions we are getting smaller things (Spiderman/mummy upgrade last year) that are less advertised until they are done. They have a smart plan, because the news is biting at every little thing Uni says and barely showing up for what Disney has to say.

Am I the only one who thinks a huge announcement would be a waste of time for this expansion...really an update on facebook and in the guide maps is really all that is needed..Over deliver instead of Over promote (One big proble with Fantasyland)

Am I the only one who thinks a huge announcement would be a waste of time for this expansion...really an update on facebook and in the guide maps is really all that is needed..Over deliver instead of Over promote (One big proble with Fantasyland)

I don't think anyone has ever wanted more than a FB post. And I don't think it's asking too much to expect that.

But, the inmates are running the asylum over at UOR social media and Potter gets to be announced by the likes of the person who tweeted "Is anyone awake?":p