Springfield Expansion | Page 186 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
so they will start installing the ferris wheel this week? (see Im always here) I was wondering about that. I bet that will be really quick. i imagine a spinner ride like that is mainly all together someplace already to some extent. Cant say how excited I am for my vacation this year. So many new things its crazy.

There are several delays but they are pulling staff from other projects to get the waterfront open ASAP starting Tuesday.

Or Chinese tourists being offended there national treasure is being mocked and eaten so to speak :thumbs:

^^Interesting! I can tell you that even just having the facades up on the 3 really brought some new life to the area, I really enjoyed it!

Once complete everyone is gonna love it. I remember when I broke the news for the first time and said "Wizarding World" level theming. My inbox blew up with, really it can't be that good it just can't. Now with the concept art finally out everyone see's how much of an impact this is going to have on the area and overall park atmosphere.

Once complete everyone is gonna love it. I remember when I broke the news for the first time and said "Wizarding World" level theming. My inbox blew up with, really it can't be that good it just can't. Now with the concept art finally out everyone see's how much of an impact this is going to have on the area and overall park atmosphere.

It really is going to add a crazy level of beauty within a park that is lacking in this kind of detail. The buildings in New York and San Fran are fantastically themed but the entire front of the park screams industrial zone to me. This park really needed this expansion and the London side. I was in line for FJ yesterday and took a second to take in the themeing outside the castle and just having the different style of trees placed out and about really just brought an entirely new level of immersion. I mean even walking into Hogsmeade from LC just made me stop and go.."wow". But this expansion along with London on the other side is really going to bring this park to a new level of "eye popping"

Hello :) Long time lurker, first time poster. Just wanted to say I'm currently on day 2 of my 8 day vacation to Universal Orlando and having a blast. I wanted to mention that I've seen the Springfield buildings in person, and while I agree the Moe's sign in the pictures looks a bit off, in my opinion it looks better in person.

:welcome: and I agree, after seeing this in person, it looks good. I am sure that once the windows get their pop of color, it will look even better.

While I was walking the area yesterday, I noticed that they have added more theming to the walls in the form of character cut-outs that look great. And they're quite popular too, as many people could be seen taking pictures with them. Here's some cellphone pics I got:

And finally here's what progress can be seen in the waterfront. Sheetrock already going up!

Lots of work has been done in the last 5 days, considering the holiday weekend as well. Thanks Felipe!