Springfield Expansion | Page 221 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just got back from a week long trip to Universal and will post some reviews in this and other threads. We were able to go into Springfield several times (and actually noticed that myself and the family were in the background of Tim Trackers video). Here is my review for the new area.

1. Theme - A+ - Very cool experience even if you are not a Simpsons fan. Lots of small details including themed napkins. Not sure how anyone would not see this as a big upgrade to the international food court.

2. Staff / Crowd Control - A+ - Very helpful getting seats for guests and just overall upbeat. Staff really goes above and beyond to help guests.

3. Food - C- - We had the Fried Chicken and the Waffle Chicken sandwich and to be honest, I really did not like it. I have heard the Krusty Burger is good and wished I had gone that route, but wanted to try out the Fried Chicken. I honestly would not recommend any of the fried chicken options unless you really want to give it a try for a novelty. My wife did get a veggie pizza and thought it was just ok. So on the food we got, wasnt great, but I do appreciate the variety and try something new.

4. Flaming Moe - B - Very cool drink. A sweet orange drink that would have gotten a A if they put a shot of Vodka in it. However could not have more than one (very very sweet), plus its $8.00 but you get to keep the cup.

Another very solid addition to Universal and based on what they did with the food court, looking forward to the remaining completion of Springfield to come.

Not true at all. More like a week in advance.

Just got back from a week long trip to Universal and will post some reviews in this and other threads. We were able to go into Springfield several times (and actually noticed that myself and the family were in the background of Tim Trackers video). Here is my review for the new area.

1. Theme - A+ - Very cool experience even if you are not a Simpsons fan. Lots of small details including themed napkins. Not sure how anyone would not see this as a big upgrade to the international food court.

2. Staff / Crowd Control - A+ - Very helpful getting seats for guests and just overall upbeat. Staff really goes above and beyond to help guests.

3. Food - C- - We had the Fried Chicken and the Waffle Chicken sandwich and to be honest, I really did not like it. I have heard the Krusty Burger is good and wished I had gone that route, but wanted to try out the Fried Chicken. I honestly would not recommend any of the fried chicken options unless you really want to give it a try for a novelty. My wife did get a veggie pizza and thought it was just ok. So on the food we got, wasnt great, but I do appreciate the variety and try something new.

4. Flaming Moe - B - Very cool drink. A sweet orange drink that would have gotten a A if they put a shot of Vodka in it. However could not have more than one (very very sweet), plus its $8.00 but you get to keep the cup.

Another very solid addition to Universal and based on what they did with the food court, looking forward to the remaining completion of Springfield to come.

Curious, what issues did you run into with the Fried Chicken?

In terms of drinks...what would be considered the signature alcoholic drink and the signature non-alcoholic drink from Springfield?

The Chicken for me was very tough and almost burnt. And that was for both the Fried Chicken platter and the Waffle sandwich. It says double fried, not certain if they actual do double fry it, but it really seemed like. It wasnt so bad that I did not eat it, but for me it really was not that good. I think they add corn flakes to the batter, which gave it a different and bigger texture. Some people may like it, its just not for me and I love fried chicken. The waffle however and the sauce that came with it was good. I wound up getting more sauce for the chicken.

I did hear several people say the Burgers were great, but I wanted to try something different while I was there.

Has anyone else had the Chicken and that it was good?

The Chicken for me was very tough and almost burnt. And that was for both the Fried Chicken platter and the Waffle sandwich. It says double fried, not certain if they actual do double fry it, but it really seemed like. It wasnt so bad that I did not eat it, but for me it really was not that good. I think they add corn flakes to the batter, which gave it a different and bigger texture. Some people may like it, its just not for me and I love fried chicken. The waffle however and the sauce that came with it was good. I wound up getting more sauce for the chicken.

I did hear several people say the Burgers were great, but I wanted to try something different while I was there.

Interesting, I was just curious. And yes the burgers are delicious.

Keep in mind that the places to eat are kind of in a soft opening and I am sure they will be trying different cooking times, etc. to get it perfect later. I think that is why they decided to open it early.

I had the fried chicken and waffle sandwich (with lettuce and tomato, and extra sauce), and I really enjoyed all the components. Fried food can be hit or miss depending on the batches. They have to make sure not to overcook it, and also make sure they're changing the oil when needed. Nothing worse than having fried food that's been cooked in old or burnt oil :ack: