Springfield Expansion | Page 264 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Snapped a bunch of pics today and just uploaded 40+ to my blog. Video is uploading shortly. Here's some of the highlights:

DSC_0079.JPG

DSC_0080.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

DSC_0086.JPG

DSC_0096.JPG

DSC_0073.JPG

DSC_0081.JPG

Reactions: Enbee and Felipe
I'm in my mid-40's and have long passed the days that I do spinners. My wife on the other hand can ride them non-stop. I can ride any coaster in the world but get me on The Teacups or the likes, and I am done for the day. I even take Dramamine before each day and I refuse to get on them. I will be more than happy to sit at Duff's outdoor bar and watch everyone else enjoying themselves. What's weird is, I can ride FJ without Dramamine and it has no ill effect on me.

I'm the exact same way but on coasters. I can ride Spidey, FJ, Transformers, and Star Tours and not get sick. But the moment I ride a coaster, I get sick right away.

Excellent pics, AllAroundOrlando! Thanks! :thumbs:

The statue of Jebediah Springfield looks great, as does Chief Wiggum's cop car :cheers: We're getting closer and closer to this thing being fully open! So exciting!!

Excellent pics, AllAroundOrlando! Thanks! :thumbs:

The statue of Jebediah Springfield looks great, as does Chief Wiggum's cop car :cheers: We're getting closer and closer to this thing being fully open! So exciting!!

It really looks great...I'm excited, as they did a great job with the whole area.

Here's some video from today:
[video=youtube;MAhM14OM4mk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAhM14OM4mk[/video]

Awesome pictures! Thank you for sharing. :happy:

These show elements that have been recently added (Chief Wiggum's car, Jebediah Springfield) are what are really getting me excited for this expansion to be finished.

Excellent pictures. I checked out the whole group on your site. It looked like a massive, Magic Kingdom sized, crowd at the Studios. I'm not used to seeing that many people squeezed together in the Studios. ET had a long line too. Springfield is looking fantastic and it looked like nearly every outdoor table was filled. I'll be there in eight weeks for a two week Universal Portofino vacation. Can't wait.

Thanks for the video, too, AllAroundOrlando! :thumbs:

Jebediah is facing the opposite direction from the concept art. I guess they haven't positioned him yet.

I think he was probably turned around for the concept art, just so it would 'show' better for that. For the actual location, it looks better this way, so he faces the main street :thumbs:

I think he was probably turned around for the concept art, just so it would 'show' better for that. For the actual location, it looks better this way, so he faces the main street :thumbs:

Dead on Felipe

- - - Updated - - -

Dead on Felipe

There are two things I've not seen or heard anything about recently.

1) The Krustyland Sign that goes over the street by Kodo's.
2) The giant tentacles that are supposed to surround Kodo & Kang's and hold the targets we're supposed to be shooting.

Crazy to think how much of a money-maker this has been for UOR and it's not officially open.

It would be interesting to see how much this expansion cost and how much of that they have made back already. I know that is not how they work things but just think that would be cool to see.

I can't imagine this was a super expensive expansion. No new land development, no $100 million dollar rides. This will be EXTREMELY profitable.