Springfield Expansion | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So, is the expectation that this will be completed and opened Summer 2013? Or are we looking more like late 2013, early 2014?

Its all being done overnight as of now. Look for this to take on some serious speed after the holiday rush. Same thing goes for Monsters Cafe :thumbs:

Not to be a debbie downer , but All of this is supposed to be ready by summer 2013? Nope, I'm not buying it . More like Fall. The same thing was supposed to happen with Rockit. UNI's tack record for opening things on time...:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Its all being done overnight as of now. Look for this to take on some serious speed after the holiday rush. Same thing goes for Monsters Cafe :thumbs:

Great shots BTW. I just noticed how the blue well light blue on IFF and the side of the SImpsons ride was off compared to the rest of the area from the angle of your shots. With more knowledge of the projects than I, do you think that lighter blue will stay?

Its a restaurant build for its main part. Summer can be all the way to August. The majority of demo work is well underway. The Restaurant and Spinner are the big portions and a lot of props and sets prefabbed offsite and installed as sight gags with a fresh coat of paint and some new scenery here and there. I am confused on how eight months or more from now is not reasonable.

:iagree: I'm thinking late June, early July. I mean look at Transformers, and that's a full fledged ride with a brand new building...track record or not this thing will be done before you know it

Its a restaurant build for its main part. Summer can be all the way to August. The majority of demo work is well underway. The Restaurant and Spinner are the big portions and a lot of props and sets prefabbed offsite and installed as sight gags with a fresh coat of paint and some new scenery here and there. I am confused on how eight months or more from now is not reasonable.

It really all depends on what they mean by summer. To me Summer means May. I suspect they meant Calender summer and not "Weather" summer. In my head, Summer starts in May because I know it gets hot. So when they say something is going to open by summer thats what I think. (Plus I know thats when a lot of people here in Florida start going on vacations and stuff) If they truly mean the end of June all the way up to September (Which is the month I think It'll ALL be ready) then yeah. This is when Universal should say "During" summer of 2013 and not by summer. By means the start off IMO. But oh well it's no big deal. Long as all of this is opening sometime next year is what is important.

Not to be a debbie downer , but All of this is supposed to be ready by summer 2013? Nope, I'm not buying it . More like Fall. The same thing was supposed to happen with Rockit. UNI's tack record for opening things on time...:rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Well they are moving pretty quickly with Transformers and Potter 2. Besides you are comparing them building a restaurant that they only half demolished to a roller coaster

Well they are moving pretty quickly with Transformers and Potter 2. Besides you are comparing them building a restaurant that they only half demolished to a roller coaster

They are working day and night on Transformers which I understand is a brand new ride, but only over night on the Springfield area. Somehow it just doesn't seem that they will have Transformers, The Restaurant, and The new ride done by summer. If it is, so be it. I wonder when they finish with construction on everything not patter, will the workers all be sent to potter to do a double speed with everything going on over there? I just don't see how they can pull it off. No Doubt im routing for them to do so, I've just never witnessed theme park work at this pace before. Seems unreal.

Ah I don't mean to be aggravating, just trying to understand everything from you guys point of view. You all know this stuff better than I.

Springfield, Transformers, and Monsters Cafe are all planned to be finished by Mid-June. They would like for Potter to be the only construction zone inside of USF for the Summer Season 2013.

Plan revisions for the remodel of the land were submitted today. They are moving as fast as they can. The last review was yesterday under the old set of plans.

Last edited:
It really all depends on what they mean by summer. To me Summer means May. I suspect they meant Calender summer and not "Weather" summer. In my head, Summer starts in May because I know it gets hot. So when they say something is going to open by summer thats what I think. (Plus I know thats when a lot of people here in Florida start going on vacations and stuff) If they truly mean the end of June all the way up to September (Which is the month I think It'll ALL be ready) then yeah. This is when Universal should say "During" summer of 2013 and not by summer. By means the start off IMO. But oh well it's no big deal. Long as all of this is opening sometime next year is what is important.

I remember when they opened The Simpsons ride, they advertised opening Spring of 2008. It opened May 23rd I believe or around there. Either way, it will be open before July 4th.

Rockit was a coaster that was the first of it's kind. There was a reason it was delayed. Comparing a restaurant/spinner to Rockit is a little far-fetched.

Whatever. Would you like it better if I've just not joined the forum?:blank:

images