Springfield | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Thanks! I go on here all the time for updates but becer posted anything till now! Ok me and my gf were hoping it would be open by our spring break! Damn :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Aaron and William
We can never know for sure, but that's what our collective, educated guess is.

I wouldn't squash all hopes entirely, stay posted on this thread for updates as they come!

Yeah, definitely keep posted! You never know, maybe at first they'll have extremely select soft opening. As in, only one eatery from Springfield. Just until they test everything. It can't open soon enough though, lord knows the park needs new eateries!

Welcome btw!

Reactions: optimusrex
If anyone's at the park, can I request a pic of how the Krusty Burger building color stands at the moment? Just a curiosity... 

Nice. Thanks for the response! If any speakers have been put up on the building, that should be some sort of indication of what color it should end up being. 

Last edited by a moderator:
For Galindoverhere, as of today Krusty Burger looked tan/orange to me.  But as we learned with Lard Lad, colors can change.

Springfield_030815_1.png

Android's awning is up.  And Duff's is getting a darker red brick color.  Looks like it's moving from the ground up.

Springfield_030815_2.jpg

Springfield_030815_3.jpg

I almost forgot this one.  This entire storefront area seems so different from the others.  It's set further back from the street.  There's nothing inside it; sunshine is often visible under the doors.  And there are these water access points in the pavement next to temporary plywood covers.  Future drinking fountains?  Fire hydrant(s)?  I know this is themed as a record store but what is it really?  If this is just for employees to roll obnoxiously large and loud trash bins in and out of I'm going to be disappointed.  I guess they have to get to that new trash compactor somehow.

Springfield_030815_4.jpg

Also, what's going on at the DMV?  It's been wrapped in plastic for at least a week.  What could they be doing that they don't have to cover the other buildings?

Springfield_030815_5.jpg

Not sure about the DMV (maybe they're painting/working something right in front of it, so they don't want to ruin the new façade?), but Stu's Disco is definitely a backstage area. It doesn't connect directly to the new trash compactor, so it could just be another way for team members to access the food court.

I was also wondering why they covered it up, especially so tightly. Only reason I could think of was to create some sort of "unveiling" but then I realized that does make much sense. Either way, with how far the walls are pushed back now, and with only tiny details left, I think it's only a matter of about two weeks now. Exterior looks finished, they must be focusing on interior now.

What I find interesting is how incredibly fast the facade for Luigi's is going up. Was it built off site of were they just that fast?

I see speakers on the Krusty Burger building, it looks like that may be the final color, contrary to the orange it was for a bit. Good to know, too much orange next to each other would not look so aesthetically pleasing.

Reactions: William
I really hope that the walls are down by next weekend  :unsure:  it's looking great though! I went to the one in Florida, and it was fun, but I have to admit that ours has a more clever layout. 

Florida's Springfield experience has now proven to be relatively bland and lackluster. Given, their land is nearly two years old at this point in time, but it's amazing to think that we'll have everything they do and more on a grander scale. Sometimes it's better to let UOR test out the waters before we give it a go..!

Btw thanks guys for the welcome!  :) and yeah true! I know this is off topic but, aren't we in fact getting an extended Forbidden Journey?