Springfield | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Been so swamped with work, haven't had a chance to post my thoughts on Springfield! William posted most of my thoughts already, but I'll reiterate.

Got to visit it with William on Sunday, and it was absolutely incredible. No joke, i was speechless, smiling from cheek to cheek. I'm not a big fan of the Simpsons, but it doesn't matter, because as long as it's an immersion and detailed environment, it's truly fun and makes for a wonderful experience.

Universal Creative truly poured their heart and talent into Springfield as much as they can. I loved all the interactive details and elements/gags (especially the different lighting and power plant smoke effects). The detailed facades and forced perspective of the buildings were all fantastic. Really transported me somewhere that didn't feel like USH, William and I kept mentioning that. Quite surreal, especially inside, which seemed massive. I love that the different establishments are all "separate" yet still connected. So smart.

They made wonderful use of the space. Truly felt like a new mini-land.

For my first meal, I had the Clogger, which was one of the best burgers I've ever had. Very fresh and flavorful. Also very big, so come with an appetite! Loved the coleslaw, but the first time around the seasoned fries were disgusting. Stale and hard as a rock....Took forever to get the meal too, as they really need to iron out the time management and details in the kitchen. But it's soft opening, so I'll cut them some slack. Overall, I really liked the Clogger.

Second meal towards the end of the day, I had the Chicken and Waffle sandwich, and I gotta say, I was EXTREMELY disappointed. I was very excited for it, and i was let down. It was ridiculously dry and bland. The chicken breast was decent but overcooked, and the waffles were dryer than even my usual Eggo waffles. The maple mayo was actually good, but there was a lame drizzle of it, barely any. And a tiny piece of lettuce. Good idea, but not executed correctly...I hope they improve it somehow. The fries were fantastic this time around though!

One of my favorite aspects of Sunday was how sweet the cast members were, especially the new ones around Springfield! Very inviting, bubbly, patient, and just wonderful. I hope this isn't just a "honeymoon" period and they become apathetic and cold in a few months, like what happened with Despicable Me.

Overall, I was extremely impressed except for a few little tiny things. The one inconsistency that I didn't enjoy was that some of the props or characters were either 2D cut outs, or 3D, especially in some of the windows. But beyond that, it's a 9/10 and it truly made that part of USH come alive like never before. It's a win in every way. Block Wizarding World, introduces more food options, and adds a colorful and detailed "land" to the park. I love it :)

Been so swamped with work, haven't had a chance to post my thoughts on Springfield! William posted most of my thoughts already, but I'll reiterate.

Got to visit it with William on Sunday, and it was absolutely incredible. No joke, i was speechless, smiling from cheek to cheek. I'm not a big fan of the Simpsons, but it doesn't matter, because as long as it's an immersion and detailed environment, it's truly fun and makes for a wonderful experience.

Universal Creative truly poured their heart and talent into Springfield as much as they can. I loved all the interactive details and elements/gags (especially the different lighting and power plant smoke effects). The detailed facades and forced perspective of the buildings were all fantastic. Really transported me somewhere that didn't feel like USH, William and I kept mentioning that. Quite surreal, especially inside, which seemed massive. I love that the different establishments are all "separate" yet still connected. So smart.

They made wonderful use of the space. Truly felt like a new mini-land.

For my first meal, I had the Clogger, which was one of the best burgers I've ever had. Very fresh and flavorful. Also very big, so come with an appetite! Loved the coleslaw, but the first time around the seasoned fries were disgusting. Stale and hard as a rock....Took forever to get the meal too, as they really need to iron out the time management and details in the kitchen. But it's soft opening, so I'll cut them some slack. Overall, I really liked the Clogger.

Second meal towards the end of the day, I had the Chicken and Waffle sandwich, and I gotta say, I was EXTREMELY disappointed. I was very excited for it, and i was let down. It was ridiculously dry and bland. The chicken breast was decent but overcooked, and the waffles were dryer than even my usual Eggo waffles. The maple mayo was actually good, but there was a lame drizzle of it, barely any. And a tiny piece of lettuce. Good idea, but not executed correctly...I hope they improve it somehow. The fries were fantastic this time around though!

One of my favorite aspects of Sunday was how sweet the cast members were, especially the new ones around Springfield! Very inviting, bubbly, patient, and just wonderful. I hope this isn't just a "honeymoon" period and they become apathetic and cold in a few months, like what happened with Despicable Me.

Overall, I was extremely impressed except for a few little tiny things. The one inconsistency that I didn't enjoy was that some of the props or characters were either 2D cut outs, or 3D, especially in some of the windows. But beyond that, it's a 9/10 and it truly made that part of USH come alive like never before. It's a win in every way. Block Wizarding World, introduces more food options, and adds a colorful and detailed "land" to the park. I love it :)
In my experience I'd have to say the opposite on the food. The chicken and waffle sandwich was great while the clogger was overcooked and dry. the fries definitely need work though, they always came out stale. also I just found it amusing that there was a line at the DMV (Next to the bathrooms across from the Springfield police dept.). sure it was a line to take a picture with krusty/ sideshow bob but its a nice humorous touch to have them line up there.

Reactions: William
Another mini-update: Suds McDuff's Hot Dog House now has a menu hanging from the ceiling, the bench Milhouse sits on now has two Kwik-E-Mart endorsed ads behind it, and the Nuclear Power Plant towers now have their decals.

In my experience I'd have to say the opposite on the food. The chicken and waffle sandwich was great while the clogger was overcooked and dry. the fries definitely need work though, they always came out stale. also I just found it amusing that there was a line at the DMV (Next to the bathrooms across from the Springfield police dept.). sure it was a line to take a picture with krusty/ sideshow bob but its a nice humorous touch to have them line up there.
Which is why I'm not 100% judging the food yet, since I know it's the soft opening phase. Hopefully my next time trying the chicken and waffle sandwich will be a lot better. Clogger was very juicy and grilled medium well when I had it! Work in progress :) Can't wait to try other food.

I've been hearing and reading in several places that the chicken and waffle sandwich is great or bad. Its the one thing I'm keen on trying when I visit the park later this month. By the way, for those of you who've tried the Krusty burger and maybe Clogger, how does it compare to the burger that's available on Mel's, Hollywood Grill and Jurassic Cafe?

I've been hearing and reading in several places that the chicken and waffle sandwich is great or bad. Its the one thing I'm keen on trying when I visit the park later this month. By the way, for those of you who've tried the Krusty burger and maybe Clogger, how does it compare to the burger that's available on Mel's, Hollywood Grill and Jurassic Cafe?
I think the Chicken & Waffle Sandwich is simply a hit-or-miss type of dish. 

As for the Clogger, I'd say it's better than burgers from other venues. Granted, my Clogger was fresh off the grill at the time and it's been quite awhile since I've had a burger at any of the other restaurants. 

Time for a Springfield update. I got a pretty good chunk of photos yesterday, so I'm warning you now! Here goes:

16849519630_b22b0f2d01.jpg

First off, a floor plan for the second story of the main food court.

17035607262_753037138e.jpg

Decals have been added to the towers of the Nuclear Power Plant. You can't see it in this shot, but they've also added "barbed wire" along the walls of the Springfield Penitentiary. 

17037071215_7724c1c567.jpg

The supports for the statue of Sideshow Bob have been greatly recessed. He could be coming any day now.

16829658377_30599fa991.jpg

It's very hard to see here (wish I got a better photo), but the permanent mega menu for Krusty Burger is waiting to be installed just in front of one of the venue's windows. The support for it is hidden under an orange box.

16829657597_ca1dc924e3.jpg

Nothing new on this side, from what I can tell.

16414628974_cc5bb520e8.jpg

Phineas Q. Butterfat's is now complete, and looks great.

16849532190_7cb6fe7c8b.jpg

The venue even has confetti paved into the cement in front of it. Nice touch.

16414625034_88d95f69d8.jpg

Here's a close-up of Stu's Disco.

16416904503_4cd450b989.jpg

A new streetlight has been installed here. They're really cutting it close between Springfield and Hogsmeade!

16849273358_bd50227c6b.jpg

The view from the Studio Tour entrance. It's cool to see Krusty meeting guests in the park now.

16829648057_aeeedb0e7a.jpg

Duff Brewery's popcorn lighting. Kegs of Duff are still being placed around this seating area.

16850834829_1ca36424ea.jpg

Bumblebee Man's Taco Truck! There are now yellow and black bristles under the sides of the truck, as seen in Florida. There is also a menu posted on the opposite side of the truck facing guests near the StarWay. No sign of wheels as of yesterday.

16849521850_cc3d6c5d91.jpg

Suds McDuff's Hot Dog House now has a permanent menu installed.

17037049465_7abb195bb6.jpg

Here's the Squishee machine, for those wondering (these are, in fact, sold in Florida - my mistake!).

17037053705_54b0dcdd75.jpg

Last, but not least, a look at Krustyland and the Kwik-E-Mart. They did a pretty good job of cleaning up the pavement here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a chance to go check out Springfield today and it was pretty fantastic. Tried a Duff with my Clogger at Krusty burger and enjoyed it. Sandwich was huge but tasted pretty good. Universal did a bang up job with the branding everywhere. I was in awe for a good amount of time just soaking it all in. It was pretty crowded today so I decided to duck into Moe's and sat at the bar for awhile and it was great. The bartenders were all really friendly and it was just great seeing everyone coming in trying flaming Moe's and Duffs. Didn't get a chance to eat a second meal but I definetly look forward to coming back and enjoying this all again.

It's funny, I heard a few radio spots recently for private parties or contests that would be hosted at Universal and they bragged that guests would be "one of the first ever to experience The new Simpsons Ride, and then the new Springfield". Gave me a good laugh. Next thing you're gonna tell me Shrek 4D is all new because of its new queue?

Where there not rumors or word released that both Orlando and Hollywood Simpsons rides would be receiving new projection systems and upgrades? Was this all bogus, canceled, or still planned?