Springfield | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was at the park Saturday and the supports for Side Show Bob are still there.    

Since Side Show Bob is a walk around character, I wonder if they have made the decision to replace him with another character (Snake?) or axe that park of Springfield all together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12th Man
If I'm not mistaken, the rightmost window of the Springfield Police Station isn't permanently installed. Back before work on the façades really took off, you could see that there was space left behind what would become that window in order to fit the statue of Snake from the concept art.

We still have a couple of weeks before the rumored official opening of Springfield, so they've still got time to add these things.

Got an email from universal saying Springfield is all new and is now open. Does this mean no grand opening and the land is officially open???

16697927023_be77560ffe_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some photos I took on Saturday: 

16745842503_faf5704dde_z.jpg

The "AY YI YI" stickers are now in place on Bumblebee Man's Taco truck.

17179892089_aef3e55361_z.jpg

Here's a photo of the colored bristles (?) under the taco truck. Sorry for the crummy quality. I forgot to take a photo of it, but the truck is now adorned with a few lights on the front, and its signature horn goes off every now and then.

17178314838_8ee4ee47d1_z.jpg

Finally got to experience Springfield at night. No Sideshow Bob statue yet, but it seems they've painted the little sarcophagus sculpture on King Toot's fairly recently.

17178550740_a3d1a9a67b_z.jpg

Krusty Burger and Springfield Elementary School.

16743605994_9e8313955a_z.jpg

I must say, this sign looks awesome at night. Not quite sure if it beats the Bowlarama, though.

17365775251_db4ce04c44_z.jpg

A little overlook of the main pathway.

Also, I noticed that the hours for the dining venues are now posted outside of the entrances. Not sure if it'll prove to be a trend, but all of the venues closed an hour before the park (except for Phineas Q. Butterfat's, Suds McDuff's, and Lard Lad, which closed with the park). In addition, I think all of the outdoor menus are installed at this point. Krusty Burger's looked like it could be temporary since it's pretty basic and doesn't match the concept art whatsoever, but I'm not 100% sure.