Star Tours 3D | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Tours 3D

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
From Screamscape:
Confirmed - (4/2/10) Screamscape sources tell us that Star Tours is now slated to close for good by September 8th… and it will remain closed until May 20th, 2011 when it reopens as Star Tours 2.

Bumping this old thread with an interview with Tony Baxter:

By the sound of it, we are going to have multiple storylines/experiences.

Also, a photo with storyboards for Star Tours 2 has been posted over at WDWMagic here.

Sorry a little late on this thread but I can't wait, I just really hope they don't change up the queue area too much, I loved the queue for this ride ever since I was a little kid.

Cross posting this news here - Star Tours last day of operation will be Aug 14, 2010, there is a ticketed event ($75) to be the on the last tour to Endor. Work then begins to start converting it to Star Tours II - 3D.
Official details: http://www.starwarscelebration.com/en/Events/Disney-Event/

Consider me booked for this. This event is going to be even better than Star Wars Weekends. One of my favorite features of this event:
The evening culminates with Symphony of the Stars, a Star Wars fireworks spectacular that only Disney can create.

August can't come fast enough.

75 bucks to be one of the last for Star Tours? I am not forking over 75 bucks for this. I got to ride Kong after hours simply be being a pass holder. I got to be one of the last to ride Back to the Future simply by showing up to the park and waiting in line for over an hour. Also Mr Toads Wild Ride, Horizons, Hanna Barbera, Alfred Hitchcock, etc,etc...

Hey if your a huge fan of this ride go for it and I am not trying to knock anyone for doing it but this is a little on the greedy side.

Gonna have to pass on that one. I mean, hey, if you want to do it for free, here's what you do:

1. Load up any video version of Star Tours.
2. Full Screen!
3. Move your chair around as the video plays!
4. ????
5. Profit!

Seriously, though. ;P

75 bucks to be one of the last for Star Tours? I am not forking over 75 bucks for this. I got to ride Kong after hours simply be being a pass holder. I got to be one of the last to ride Back to the Future simply by showing up to the park and waiting in line for over an hour. Also Mr Toads Wild Ride, Horizons, Hanna Barbera, Alfred Hitchcock, etc,etc...

Hey if your a huge fan of this ride go for it and I am not trying to knock anyone for doing it but this is a little on the greedy side.

This event isn't a send-off for Star Tours 1, technically. It's simply Disney's way of cashing in on 35,000 Star Wars fans being in town for Star Wars Celebration V, (OC convention center, August 12-15).

The current version of Star Tours will reportedly be open until sometime in October. This separately ticketed event is mostly a Star Wars "party", whereas MOST attendees (since they aren't local) will get a chance to ride the current version one last time (or in some cases, the first time) before it closes in October.

I'm attending the event since I'm a big SW fan, and will be at Celebration V, but there's NO WAY I would pay 75 bucks just for the chance to ride Star Tours 1 for a "last time", even if it WAS closing that night LOL. Heck, as far as I'm concerned, that thing can't close soon enough! This event is mostly about SW fans getting together at Disney while in town for CV.

Star Tours will close down on September 8, 2010 to make way for Star Tours 2.0 according to @DisneyParks. Here's the article:

A first look at a new droid, R2-MK, with Jedi Mickey can only mean that “Star Wars Weekends” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is around the corner. But today, were looking even further ahead in the galaxy to the “reimagining” of Star Tours at Disneyland and Walt Disney World resorts. Scheduled to open in 2011, the power of the Force and the magic of Disney once again will combine to create an all-new Star Tours. When it reopens, it’ll feature a new 3-D, immersive experience that’ll take guests to familiar places in the Star Wars galaxy. To prepare for the reopening, Star Tours will close at Disneyland Park on July 27 and at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on September 8.

If you’d you like to take a last daily express ride to Endor, make your plans to visit the parks before the closing dates. And as we announced last week, there will be a special “Last Tour to Endor” party on August 14 during “Star Wars Celebration V” in Orlando. For more information about “Star Wars Celebration V” and to purchase tickets, check out www.starwarscelebration.com.

That looks cool, I hope TDO doesn't go cheap and we get the random sequence film like DL is getting.

I am glad there is still some original trilogy in it and not just the newer one.

Hmmmm..... That's pretty interesting, having this take place between Episodes 3 and 4..... during the "dark times".

Hope this means we're going to start hearing more info on the project, as it gets closer.

Btw -- I changed the thread title to reflect the tagline update.......

I hope that Starkiller is involved. Maybe he attacks your Starspeeder when you fly through Coruscant. Other than him I don't think that there is much that could match the attack of the Death Star.