Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just looking at this thread and I think Disney needs to do more on stating what this thing actually is. Many still think it's just some fun things to do at a resort and not an on land cruise.

I mean, if you want to be a space nazi, sure.

If you want to dress and act like the First Order then I assume you also look good with a milkshake thrown on you. Same for Death Eaters.

Has anything been said about a minimum check in age? Because this sounds like a great way for couples to get rid of their kids for a few days.

I assume it'll be 18 and old just like the rest of the resorts.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
Just looking at this thread and I think Disney needs to do more on stating what this thing actually is. Many still think it's just some fun things to do at a resort and not an on land cruise.

Hopefully as time passes, they dial back the immersiveness, let guests visit different parks, allow people who aren't rooming to mess with some of the activities or go to the restaurants when interest in the hotel wanes.

I think that was part of their overall plan, keep the whole experience limited to low number of rooms. Keeps demand high with supply low.
I think it'll be interesting to see if it works out for this one. It did for $200 lightsabers. Will it for 1500 per night rooms in a 3 day live action roleplay?

I think that was part of their overall plan, keep the whole experience limited to low number of rooms. Keeps demand high with supply low.

Okay maybe they won't open it up to outside guests, but right now, not fully understanding what the entire experience will entail, I worry that there will be a lot of upset guests who will expect more freedom to leave the hotel.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that despite demand, its seems like this hotel is a huge commitment, and if that commitment is not properly advertised and explained to guests, then it could result in frustration that pressures Imagineering to make changes.

is it just me or did the windows shrink drastically in size??? I understand a cruise ship because of the space constraints having smaller interior cabins but that window is tiny! I guess the original concept art showed suites then. For the amount of money, this is rumored to cost you would think they went with the larger screens from the original concept art. Even royal has floor to ceiling virtual balconies on their newer ships.

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 7.22.59 PM.png

For comparison, these are the virtual windows on royal ships.
Virtual_Balcony_Image.jpg

is it just me or did the windows shrink drastically in size??? I understand a cruise ship because of the space constraints having smaller interior cabins but that window is tiny! I guess the original concept art showed suites then. For the amount of money, this is rumored to cost you would think they went with the larger screens from the original concept art. Even royal has floor to ceiling virtual balconies on their newer ships.

View attachment 11617
Looks like they stole it from the Hogwart's Express train cabins, which are significantly smaller that a hotel room. Yes, like you, I think it's too small for an entire guest room. ....'Honey, You Shrunk the View'. ;)

Looks like they stole it from the Hogwart's Express train cabins, which are significantly smaller that a hotel room. Yes, like you, I think it's too small for an entire guest room. ....'Honey, You Shrunk the View'. ;)

I'm shocked. Like this is on land. At least with a cruise, you can go outside to the upper decks to get fresh air. That room looks smaller than a standard cabin on a cruise ship! Yah this is gonna be a no from me.

View attachment 11617

I wonder if this is just a common area in one of the rooms....Either that or they've completely cheaped out on this space

Also....I can change the channel on that TV to earth channels right?

I wonder if this is just a common area in one of the rooms....Either that or they've completely cheaped out on this space

Also....I can change the channel on that TV to earth channels right?

from the angle of the concept art shown along with this one it seems to be a bunk bed set up. didn’t the leaked plans show these as single room cabins?

Or in the off season do 3-4 sailings per month.
They’ll discount rooms to fill it before closing if it’s struggling financially - better optics to let underwhelming revenue disappear into the total WDW picture than send up a red flag by closing it a few days a week.

is it just me or did the windows shrink drastically in size???
I almost made a joke about this earlier, but I decided to not pile on their albatross.

• Haha
Reactions: frank_1991_
It makes me feel like a lifeboat experience on Avenue 5 but less funny.
But keeping you busy those 2 days? What can one do in that small building except the "here is the bridge" and "oh no now we are in a war let's kill lots of bad space people." I mean after milking the space cow and waving to Princess Leia who flies out of the window and some meet and greets I have no idea what they can offer. Sure they will have a decent amount of "exclusive" merch to push but I don't see that worth the price.

View attachment 11617

For comparison, these are the virtual windows on royal ships.
View attachment 11618

Soon, it will just be an iPad glued to the wall.

star wars hotel window.jpg

I can see this concept doing decent for two, maybe three years. Then, once most of the super fan base that is willing to spend that kind of money is dissipated over time, it's going to be a tough sell. But I also think the same thing will happen with the light saber show after two or three years.