Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Great point.

As far as Battle Escape. To be honest, I wouldn't hate a truly 'amped up' GMR haha

I want to be flying through practical scene after scene!
I'm not worrying much about this one, since Disney is really good with visuals and animatronic, it's just a dark ride and they are really good at those. The only thing I'll be critical about is the ride time, but I would not know until it opens. Just hoping it's not one of those "don't blink or you might miss it" type of dark ride. I want to go on a big adventure and believe every second of it.

Reactions: Blaw923
I'm not worrying much about this one, since Disney is really good with visuals and animatronic, it's just a dark ride and they are really good at those. The only thing I'll be critical about is the ride time, but I would not know until it opens. Just hoping it's not one of those "don't blink or you might miss it" type of dark ride. I want to go on a big adventure and believe every second of it.

I don't think thats going to be an issue. Its a huge building and it's two stories inside. Ride time should be decent.

Well unless they are planning on having the whole 9 hour queue inside....

Reactions: Ultranel
I dont think it's possible for DHS to have enough people inside the park to support a 9 hour queue.

5-hours is usually the max where a ride tops out because a park reaches capacity, short of extremely low capacity due to modified operations (see Gringotts at opening, flight of Passage, etc...) 5-hours in normal operation needs a park capable of Epcot-size crowds... which only Epcot has the capacity to handle.

Reactions: Andysol
I dont think it's possible for DHS to have enough people inside the park to support a 9 hour queue.

5-hours is usually the max where a ride tops out because a park reaches capacity, short of extremely low capacity due to modified operations (see Gringotts at opening, flight of Passage, etc...) 5-hours in normal operation needs a park capable of Epcot-size crowds... which only Epcot has the capacity to handle.

I was exaggerating...

I know, but the real concern is that DHS will likely reach capacity before the lines at Star Wars get over an 2 to 3 hours.

How do they determine capacity of the park? And for that matter, the lands? Do they just use fire codes or do they have their own guidelines? Cause you figure, for a while at least, they will be queueing people just to get in the land. Does that queue factor into park capacity?

Queues for FOP got over 4 hours IIRC. This was in addition to queues to get into the land at all. Does AK have double the capacity of DHS? You have to figure that TSL will be open before SW gets there, so that adds to overall park capacity.

Reactions: Coasted
How do they determine capacity of the park? And for that matter, the lands? Do they just use fire codes or do they have their own guidelines? Cause you figure, for a while at least, they will be queueing people just to get in the land. Does that queue factor into park capacity?

Queues for FOP got over 4 hours IIRC. This was in addition to queues to get into the land at all. Does AK have double the capacity of DHS? You have to figure that TSL will be open before SW gets there, so that adds to overall park capacity.

Combo of their own guidelines and the fire marshal. They usually close off areas when they "feel" it's too crowded, rather than any metered number have entered.

Also, how the other "resources" are being utilized. First step in any park closure is to redirect traffic in the parking lots. The hope is that people just go to another park. Getting to the point of a full hard closure isnt very common anymore because of expansions and better control of flow. People are always sort of trickling out, so sometimes it's a matter of just delaying how long it takes new arrivals to get there or expediting the exit of those in park. That's why things like parade time changes.

DHS has never really had a large capacity. AK isnt very big either, but Pandora compacted all the guests into a very small area - the rest of the park relatively empty.

Reactions: fryoj
That would be it.
Okay...

I get it. I can see the appeal. It also explains why the AT-ATs would be static. But, to me, unless the ride vehicle is just wildly flying around giving you an opportunity to shoot as many Storm Troopers as you can, the ride shouldn't have a long duration.

I mean, it's called an escape. Don't you want to get out of there?

No, not the entire time. From what Martin says about half.
I love attractions that utilize a large room for multiple scenes. The Haunted Mansion is the perfect example. The grandness when you exit the house into the graveyard... and then nearly the rest of the ride takes place in that one room, even though it feels like 5 scenes.

I have a bad feeling the Battle Escape ride is going to feel like a slow and practical Transformers. Where, instead of big screens, it'll be medium sized rooms with a couple of robot Stormtroopers, even more simple mechanical figure Stormtroopers, lazers, sparks, and a lot of pew-pew.

Ending up with another "Classic Disney" slow drag through a wax museum attraction. This time Star Wars flavored.

An amped up GMR featuring nothing but Star Wars.

This sounds perfect! I hope its exactly like this.

Aren't several scenes from Indy really in one big room with how the ride is laid out?

Answered my own question, most of Indy is in the same big room.

trk_dl_indy3.gif

I have a bad feeling the Battle Escape ride is going to feel like a slow and practical Transformers. Where, instead of big screens, it'll be medium sized rooms with a couple of robot Stormtroopers, even more simple mechanical figure Stormtroopers, lazers, sparks, and a lot of pew-pew.

It's amazing how different people's tastes can be, because this is basically exactly what I want.