Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Thinking Disney will drop the “timeline” sooner than later. Mandalorian is a large success and “baby Yoda” is a merchandise juggernaut...similar to what Frozen was. Once the new films/shows start coming out, we will see less dependence on the latest trilogy. Rise of the resistance will still be a great ride regardless
Yes considering you go to sequel trilogy and prequel trilogy as well as the original in Star Tours...I'd say they give zero f's

I would say Potter already pulls that off well...Although there is nothing jarring in the Wizarding World like seeing Darth Vader, Baby Yoda, and Kylo Ren in the same hyper-realistic land

Yes considering you go to sequel trilogy and prequel trilogy as well as the original in Star Tours...I'd say they give zero f's

I would say Potter already pulls that off well...Although there is nothing jarring in the Wizarding World like seeing Darth Vader, Baby Yoda, and Kylo Ren in the same hyper-realistic land
The timelines on Star Tours actually don’t mix anymore. Whatever is the first scene you get decides the timeline for the rest. You’ll have to ride multiple times to see the different timelines.

Couldn’t different parts of the land represent different times? Like the side over by Toy Story could be the original trilogy?

In all honesty it doesn’t matter to me or break the illusion or story or whatever other word Disney has if at 1 I see Darth Vader perform then at 3 it is Kylo. I’m in a theme park.

And I would guess Vader is a bigger merch seller than Kylo.

It no different then seeming multiple princesses in the same hall.
In theory yes...But this land has been stated to exist between Rise and Last Skywalker.

It also has the reputation of being "hyper realistic", all set by Disney.

I suppose it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things...

In theory yes...But this land has been stated to exist between Rise and Last Skywalker.

It also has the reputation of being "hyper realistic", all set by Disney.

I suppose it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things...
New storyline for GESWL....circa July 2020....A mysterious virus wipes out the entire population of Batuu. A lone Jedi master, who, unknown to George Lucas, survived the last 6 Star Wars movies (hidden in an underground cave since he was bored to death), took it upon himself himself to clone hidden genetic material, and bring only the 'popular' first three Disney Star Wars movie's characters back to life. They and their cloned friends, from both the Empire and the Resistance, now populate the entirety of GESWL. They also will perform live shows every two hours, and walk around the land, while the Williams music from the first three movies blares over the loudspeakers in every corner of the land.....Fixed that for you Disney. ;) ;)

New storyline for GESWL....circa July 2020....A mysterious virus wipes out the entire population of Batuu. A lone Jedi master, who, unknown to George Lucas, survived the last 6 Star Wars movies (hidden in an underground cave since he was bored to death), took it upon himself himself to clone hidden genetic material, and bring only the 'popular' first three Disney Star Wars movie's characters back to life. They and their cloned friends, from both the Empire and the Resistance, now populate the entirety of GESWL. They also will perform live shows every two hours, and walk around the land, while the Williams music from the first three movies blares over the loudspeakers in every corner of the land.....Fixed that for you Disney. ;) ;)
The virus thing seems unrealistic

Cal Kestis' lightsaber is coming to Galaxy's Edge this fall along with Ahsoka's from Clone Wars, and Count Dooku's all joining the legacy line.

Also this things are nice and all, but if I could get one of these sabers as a flashlight for my house, that would be a fun trip to Lowe's.

Cal Kestis' lightsaber is coming to Galaxy's Edge this fall along with Ahsoka's from Clone Wars, and Count Dooku's all joining the legacy line.

Also this things are nice and all, but if I could get one of these sabers as a flashlight for my house, that would be a fun trip to Lowe's.

The detail on this saber is so unique and adds something new/different to what’s at Dok Ondar’s. I’m sure people who have played the game will be snatching this up in a heartbeat.

Edit:
Did anyone see that they were testing adding plexiglass to the ride vehicles on ROTR or am I just late to that party?

Is it true Mark from thr Disney Park Blogs Live streams is a host at the lightsaber experience?

Not sure of this is where I would ask OR post this, but I'll give it a shot:
Does anyone think Disney would benefit into building MORE Star Wars themed lands?
Like how Universal did 2 Harry Potter lands (possibly a 3rd for EU).
Like I'd imagine the ideas for Coruscant, Endor, Tatooine, Death Star,Hoth, etc. So many more ideas to build immersive world's.

Does anyone think Disney would benefit into building MORE Star Wars themed lands?
Like I'd imagine the ideas for Coruscant, Endor, Tatooine, Death Star,Hoth, etc. So many more ideas to build immersive world's.
What I think would've been extremely cool (albeit expensive with R&D) would have been instead of a bunch of Galaxy's Edge's, in each Disney location, they built a different planet. Personally, I don't want to see SW invade Epcot or MK, so I think the only place at WDW it could POSSIBLY go would be at DAK with Endor or Naboo, but then they are really defying all of DAK's thematic integrity rules.

I think it could work but it’s never going to feel connected like The Wizarding World is with the HE.

Plenty of animals in the Star Wars universe, they could just copy avatars plan and do something in Animal Kingdom.

I think it could work but it’s never going to feel connected like The Wizarding World is with the HE.

Plenty of animals in the Star Wars universe, they could just copy avatars plan and do something in Animal Kingdom.
But again, none of those animals are real, so it would be a land based around fictional creatures, leading to a stiff land where there's little movement or any feeling of the land being "alive".

But again, none of those animals are real, so it would be a land based around fictional creatures, leading to a stiff land where there's little movement or any feeling of the land being "alive".

And that is what they missed with Pandora. It never really transports you. I think Disney would be better served with branching out with a broader Pixar Place in DHS and actual dark rides from those movies. I could get behind Indy Jones in Animal Kingdom as part of an expanded Dig Site and eliminating the Dinoland area in the process. They could probably add another ride into Galaxy Edge and then figure out to improve the land's feel.

And that is what they missed with Pandora. It never really transports you. I think Disney would be better served with branching out with a broader Pixar Place in DHS and actual dark rides from those movies. I could get behind Indy Jones in Animal Kingdom as part of an expanded Dig Site and eliminating the Dinoland area in the process. They could probably add another ride into Galaxy Edge and then figure out to improve the land's feel.
Yeah, there's room for another ride in SWGE. Although the only thing i've heard (extremely early on right now) would be a speeder bike coaster. With Tron coming and all the coasters Disney will have added recently, idk if they'll go that route or not.