Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 99 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm curious to hear some of the new song's for the land, whether it's written by the Imagineering team, or perhaps as seen from The Force Awakens; having Lin help with the music of the "new" Cantina.
I'm sure the iconic song will be played in a set by The Cantina Band.

I am also wondering are area music. Around the spaceship junkyard, it should be nature sounds with industrial sound coming from the battle ride building. In the market area, I think Lin could really work his magic.

Reactions: ChristopherSE
Looks pretty good to me. The entrance to IOA through Port of Entry is one of the most stunning & beautiful theme park entrances that exist, so I welcome any comparison to POE. This just doesn't have the vivid colors of POE, but that still works for me, since it kind of fits Star Wars. And this land seems more similar to Diagon than Pandora is, since there really appears to be a lot to see, do and experience, which is a major strength of Diagon. I can see myself spending many hours exploring Star Wars on repeat visits, as I do with Diagon. But this will definitely be a land I would visit in the slower attendance times of the year because it's going to get swamped, and, unfortunately, probably have special entrance/ride rules or added on hard ticket costs. I don't imagine the present fastpass system will work for the demand these two attractions will generate, even for those staying on site.

I am also wondering are area music. Around the spaceship junkyard, it should be nature sounds with industrial sound coming from the battle ride building. In the market area, I think Lin could really work his magic.

If they are going to try to cement that this is a new area of the Star Wars Universe, I can't see the iconic song used.

Hell, I hope they take the path done by Pandora to where it's more mostly ambient sounds and in the market, there is custom made music made with a small team that includes Lin.

EDIT: ITM recently talked with Scott Trowbridge on the new land.

Last edited:
Those second story walkways aren't there on accident. /Film speculated that they could be frequently used by cast members as some kind of stunt or performance. In my opinion, it would be equally effective just to see them walking around up there.

Reactions: Joel and Ashhanbre
I have it on good authority that yes, walkways and elevated platforms will not just be for show ;-)

Also roaming the lands and streets in this area there is going to be a lot to interact with....... and not just BB-8

This is going to be an active space port people.

Those second story walkways aren't there on accident. /Film speculated that they could be frequently used by cast members as some kind of stunt or performance. In my opinion, it would be equally effective just to see them walking around up there.
If you go based on what Martin has been saying, the land is most certainly going to have multiple levels.

Reactions: joelbryant11

Now THAT makes sense. Would be really awesome to see multiple characters walking around the various levels in front of you. It would make it much easier on a crowd control basis as well.

If there's not a healthy amount of John Williams playing throughout the land, something has gone very wrong.

BREAKING: At least one of the Star Wars inspired lands (DL's of course) will open before the next D23 Expo... so... in the FIRST HALF of 2019! Incredible.

D23 EXPO 2017: Star Wars Land to open first half 2019, reveals Disney chief | Inside the Magic

Disappointing but expected. I still don't get why TDO or other higher-ups don't want Hollywood Studios' version to be ready for summer visitors, but whatever.

If there's not a healthy amount of John Williams playing throughout the land, something has gone very wrong.
Whether you're at Harry Potter or Star Wars, John Williams is there.

For your Jurassic Parks, ETs and Indiana Jones', John Williams is there.

He transcends the mouse and the globe. He's wherever there's glimmers of hope.

He is the Williams of John. And his, are the themes of our lives.

So it sounds like there is a "mini game" of sorts throughout the park involving "Galaxy Credits". I wonder if that will cost extra, or if it will just be done through your magic band.

Btw, this is sooo exciting!

Can someone turn this pic sepa and Photoshop in some droids?
latest

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristopherSE
I get the wondering about the 'reveal' when it is not a known Star Wars area, but it is a place, with a bar, much like how we saw Tatouine or any other place. The 'noticeable' elements, like a 'pod racer engine' I mean, it is an out post where trade occurs. For the Band, I use to love Star Wars Weekends when the parade ended and the Hoopla where on the small Jedi Training outdoor stage.

The characters around the back of the park were cool, great and all, but I worry about the bars and restaurants if they truly have characters working there.

35925946335_49970db4d3.jpg