State of USH - What's Next? | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can anyone confirm whether the park is indeed having attendance issues? This team member is claiming USH's attendance numbers have taken a nosedive since the Nintendo World affect has worn off:

Can anyone confirm whether the park is indeed having attendance issues? This team member is claiming USH's attendance numbers have taken a nosedive since the Nintendo World affect has worn off:

Spring break months were packed

Also the last 3 Day weekend was healthy

I go basically weekly now and MK gets about an 60-90 min wait all day. Other attractions do get longer waits....in the afternoon and while its not a ghost town the Park should be busier

But yeah, the park needs more. HHN and Grinchmas I'm sure will be huge again this year but the summer I have seen ZERO things announced
Like is the castle show coming back? Death Eater? Anything?

If they really are just going to lean on the 60th I think they could have some slows days but this is why I've been pushing for more at USH, its a park people love but you can't just have a land with one ride come out and nothing for 18 months....they need to keep the momentum up

But its not just 18 months now....its going to be about 2 years since SNW when the new coaster opens and...people know my thoughts on if I think it will bring that many people in or not...I hope I'm wrong

Here are some things USH can do between now and the coaster open to draw people in

1) Nintendo, Dream Works or even Classic Universal event in the plaza. (food booths, exclusive merch and meet and greets) Depending on the theme as well a live show or two. Could be a Drawing Class in the day time for Nintendo, Dreamworks or whatever theme they have going and at night live music

2) Use the old Walking Dead Maze for Fight Nights at Freddy or Chucky....Don't care if its a house or meet and greet

3) Bring back Lunar New Years (Disney does it and it seems pretty big)

4) Even if they can't make a permanent new Dream works show....on Summer nights bring back Sherk 3D or have a Trolls Music Party with music from the films or music from other Universal Music.....something the Theater is made to be used as somewhat Flex space

5) Bring the Magical Creature Show from Japan to Hogsmeade and when its the "off season" find a way to make the extended Q into either a walking attraction or a place to take photos inspired by the Harry Potter Universe

6) Lower Lot for Jurassic get more meet and greet Dino's and maybe do more of a proper show a few times a day with the dinosaurs like over in singapore

7) Bring back Classic Transformers every now and again for Meet and Greets...yeah just found out about this but I would be very happy to meet Starscream

8) In the Lower Lot use the top of the Jurassic Restaurant for more events....like right now its a sprite lounge only being used for the AP event and maybe grad night but the space is pretty big and could be used for a themed bar and special meet and greets

9) Give the Tram a new Ending in the style of the Great Movie ride and film more facts to share, the new facts are cool but every year just keep filming new things to keep it fresh

10) Some sort of Mid Year Fright, seems to work for Six Flags

11) Use WW stage for a big night time concert on certain nights to draw people

12) Update Despicable me, even just a new film and pre shows would be welcome

Last edited:
I didn't realize the technical services building to the right of the IMAX theater was a potential expansion space. That could in theory allow a hypothetical Studio Tour replacement to extend into that space.

Video for proposed tech services building:

I didn't realize the technical services building to the right of the IMAX theater was a potential expansion space. That could in theory allow a hypothetical Studio Tour replacement to extend into that space.

Exciting. The area behind the studio tour sounds like it could become home to another Potter expansion and a couple of other IPs. Any expansion in those areas highlighted in th video will obviously involve relocating the tram stop.

Any expansion in those areas is still a ways off. IMO, SS 16-24 will be turned into theme park space well before the areas in the video are touched.

I admittedly didn't expect the ET Overflow project to include Tech Services; but in hindsight it does make sense given the extended placement of USH investing into mechanics.

I believe where it say they want to move the technical building is where the Sheriff's station was built.

WDWMagic user Henry Mystic dropped some interesting tid bits in regards to what's on the horizon for USH. Take these with a grain of salt:

The lower lot will receive aesthetic updates over the next couple of years.

Simpsons will close before the contract lapses in 2028.

The soundstages slated to be demoed for USH expansion (he's more than likely referring to SS 16-24) will close for studio use soon.

Henry Mystic happens to claim he knows about a new land for the lower lot. When I pointed out that I believed any lower lot park expansion would not be until 2030 or beyond, he said that's not what he heard. Maybe 2028-2029?

WDWMagic user Henry Mystic dropped some interesting tid bits in regards to what's on the horizon for USH. Take these with a grain of salt:

The lower lot will receive aesthetic updates over the next couple of years.

Simpsons will close before the contract lapses in 2028.

The soundstages slated to be demoed for USH expansion (he's more than likely referring to SS 16-24) will close for studio use soon.

Henry Mystic happens to claim he knows about a new land for the lower lot. When I pointed out that I believed any lower lot park expansion would not be until 2030 or beyond, he said that's not what he heard. Maybe 2028-2029?
Heard a rumor that Simpsons may be sticking around for a little bit longer before that contract expires in the USF threads. I have a theory that USH’s will be retired probably in the next year or two and then parts will be salvaged from USH’s for USF’s. I think Bourne will replace Simpsons.

Lower lot aesthetic change is sorely needed. Remember that rumor someone posted a couple of months ago that Transformers might be changed? Could this be part of it?

The new land rumor is VERY interesting. I don’t think it’s Potter as that would probably go to Falls lake. Don’t know what it could be but it sounds like Mummy won’t be long for this world. I don’t see it open until 2030 though.

Heard a rumor that Simpsons may be sticking around for a little bit longer before that contract expires in the USF threads. I have a theory that USH’s will be retired probably in the next year or two and then parts will be salvaged from USH’s for USF’s. I think Bourne will replace Simpsons.

Lower lot aesthetic change is sorely needed. Remember that rumor someone posted a couple of months ago that Transformers might be changed? Could this be part of it?

The new land rumor is VERY interesting. I don’t think it’s Potter as that would probably go to Falls lake. Don’t know what it could be but it sounds like Mummy won’t be long for this world. I don’t see it open until 2030 though.
My gut feeling for the lower lot expansion is 2030 at the earliest as well. USH has too much on their plate right now in the lead up to LA2028 to get the park in the best possible condition for the olympics.

I am really curious on what the IP could be for this new land. Part of me thinks this will be themed around an IP that may not even exist yet.

Last edited:
That rumor's been around for years--like since 2018 it feels like (because there was I could've sworn people with blueprints hovering around the Transformers entrance).

Wish it happens.

That rumor's been around for years--like since 2018 it feels like (because there was I could've sworn people with blueprints hovering around the Transformers entrance).

Wish it happens.
If the looks of the lower lot do get a facelift, I think the 1920's art deco look of the main plaza in the upper lot would be a safe bet from what to pull from. Or maybe something 1930's Hollywood as well.

I seem to remember there was chatter on the IU forums and elsewhere about the possibility that the tram stop would be relocated to the lower lot a while back. Is this something that is still on? Haven't heard any further discussion on the subject in a while.

I seem to remember there was chatter on the IU forums and elsewhere about the possibility that the tram stop would be relocated to the lower lot a while back. Is this something that is still on? Haven't heard any further discussion on the subject in a while.
From perusing the forums, it seems like that's been a long-standing rumor since at least, what, the mid 2010s?

It's just one of a couple venerated USH rumors that have persisted throughout the years, including the Mummy being phased out (for real this time) and a Lower Lot aesthetic refresh.

From perusing the forums, it seems like that's been a long-standing rumor since at least, what, the mid 2010s?

It's just one of a couple venerated USH rumors that have persisted throughout the years, including the Mummy being phased out (for real this time) and a Lower Lot aesthetic refresh.
Henry Mystic didn't mention a tram stop relocation on his latest USH rumor dump. I am going to guess if the tram stop did move, it appears like it's not happening anytime soon if at all.