Stories About Guests & Cast Members | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Stories About Guests & Cast Members

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Though this story is more about the Jaws photo op than the actual guest, I thought I'd still post it here.

Basically, I had read Chris' message on GroupMe telling me to get photos of Bruce, so I got several. Eventually, I decided I should have my friend take a picture of me with him one last time. As I was waiting in line, a woman stepped up and sat inside Bruce's mouth. After the picture was taken, she sorta slid off uncomfortably, and something small and white fell on the ground. I assumed something fell out of her pocket, but when I ran and picked it up, my day was made:

9671306510_cefd7ed168_c.jpg

I thought you guys might enjoy this :) I just uploaded it. It's a clip from our home videos. Summer of 1996 at Universal, you can see a clip of Jurassic's original splash down, queue, Lucy a Tribute, and my favorite part: me meeting Lucy as a three year old! I think this Lucy is still Lucy at the park! She told me she'd let me know haha. But I remember being so starstruck. I really thought I was seeing the real Lucy and I remember this made me happier than any princess or character in Disneyland :) enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/LERWiFf91JE?feature=oembed

This is a first... after working HHN, I made friends with some cool people from The area I worked. My birthday was two days ago and today I got a letter from Universal in the mail (after having not worked there for a couple months). I opened it and it was a nice gift and card from a couple of my old crew members. I won't use names, but if they happen to see this it's much appreciated! Universal has some awesome employees!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some small stories to share from my weekend at the park-

Story one: I encountered two different people smoking marijuana pipes at the park today. One guy walking over near Luigi's right in the middle of the crowd and one guy standing in line for Waterworld. I was incredibly frustrated by both of them as that is extremely rude and inconsiderate to the guests and CHILDREN who have to breathe that in while they're trying to enjoy the park. Several employees passed by both of them and said nothing, which is even more frustrating. I was showing some family the park for the first time since the early 90's, giving them a tour and history lesson and then there's not one, but two people blatantly smoking pot in the middle of a crowd while employees pass right by. What a great first impression!

Story two: I was standing in line for RotM about to board the ride. The people in front of me were boarding really slow, so I was patiently creeping forward behind them as they got on and all of a sudden the gate closes on me. I looked up at the employee who was on that side and she smiles at me. I thought it was an accident until I saw her do it to other people as they were boarding.

Story three: I ran into Doc a bunch of times this weekend (to the point where he was like "Oh, hello again!"). The last time I ran into him he asked us (my uncle, aunt and grandma) where we're from and half of us answered 'Brooklyn' and half of us answered 'San Diego.' Then we changed our answers around and he got all confused. My family migrated off and I told Doc 'We're all from Brooklyn, I have no idea what they're talking about!" and he said "Oh boy, now I'm even more confused!" Apparently we weren't sure wether he meant where we were FROM or where we live. Hahaha.

Story four: I convinced my grandma and aunt to ride Jurassic Park with me. They hate rides and refused to go on any; they just wanted to see the shows. After some persuasion to even consider it, I explained to them that Jurassic Park was a nice tranquil boat ride with cute animatronic dinosaurs and a small drop at the end. I mean, hey, that's pretty much true, right? Haha. So we're going through the ride and they're like "Oh, this is nice. Look at the dinosaur! Oh how cute!" until we get into the dark portion. We're going straight up into the darkness and they're shouting at me because now they've realized I exaggerated just a little bit. I made sure to tell them to hold onto their butts right before the drop.

(they ended up liking it in the end)

Edit: Oh, and my uncle asked me if Brenda was a member of the Whoville people and I couldn't stop laughing.

Wow.....how awful that you encountered so many crappy cast members. Props to Doc though! I encountered a bunch of pot users in Disneyland before but luckily the cast members did something about it there.

And omg your story of Jurassic Park and your grandma and aunt reminds me of of two separate occasions when my aunt and uncle convinced my grandma to get on Jurassic Park and described it the same way you did, and she liked it at first and then hated their guts by the time it got to the interior segment. They also tricked her that Big Thunder Mountain was a sweet little choochoo train :p hahaha

Hahahaha omg Brenda might as well be a Who!

Witnessed something hilarious at the park on Thursday. I was sitting on the benches for Blues Brothers to start and Brenda was up dancing in front of the stage. A lot of people were taking videos of her dancing around. Then Dracula walks by, sees her, backs up and stands behind her. He starts making hand motions implying she's crazy, sticking his tongue out, mocking her dancing and generally making fun of her until she caught on and tried to get him to dance with her. Instead he held out his cape in front of her to block her from the audience. She ran to the other side of him and he pulled out the other side of his cape. That continued for a while until he moved on. Haha. I wish I would have gotten a video because it was much funnier in person than in text.

I'm sorry but....I don't find that amusing whatsoever. I mean, ok, slightly, only thanks to what Dracula was doing. But....I feel so sorry for whatever Universal acts get upstaged by her. I'd be royally sick of her.

Witnessed something hilarious at the park on Thursday. I was sitting on the benches for Blues Brothers to start and Brenda was up dancing in front of the stage. A lot of people were taking videos of her dancing around. Then Dracula walks by, sees her, backs up and stands behind her. He starts making hand motions implying she's crazy, sticking his tongue out, mocking her dancing and generally making fun of her until she caught on and tried to get him to dance with her. Instead he held out his cape in front of her to block her from the audience. She ran to the other side of him and he pulled out the other side of his cape. That continued for a while until he moved on. Haha. I wish I would have gotten a video because it was much funnier in person than in text.
That's awesome! I wish I would have seen that. The Dracula actors I've encountered have all been great. Dracula and Brenda probably got higher guest satisfaction ratings than the poor ol' Blues Brothers! 

Reactions: BernardMesa
I'm sorry but....I don't find that amusing whatsoever. I mean, ok, slightly, only thanks to what Dracula was doing. But....I feel so sorry for whatever Universal acts get upstaged by her. I'd be royally sick of her.
I totally agree with you. A lot of people were really confused if she was part of the cast or not. The show wasn't actually going on though, and Dracula actually stopped her from continuing AND got her to move away from the stage in the funniest way possible. Haha.

Exactly. That's my issue with it. If she danced (or whatever) off to the side, I wouldn't care as much. But doing it front and center for attention EVERY DAY and taking attention away from the acts whose job it is to perform. The people may not have come specifically for Blues Brothers, but they sure as hell didn't pay for Brenda.

[HASHTAG]#ventend[/HASHTAG].

We're not bashing or anything. This thread is called Stories about Guests and Cast Members. The stories about Brenda feature both. And I see nothing wrong with any of us expressing that we're tired of her shtick.

Reactions: Krusty
There's nothing wrong with talking about her. There IS something wrong with insulting and bashing her and generally getting out of hand (remember, she can easily find this forum and see everything we're saying about her), which I don't see anyone doing. As long as everyone stays civil and doesn't turn this into a Brenda thread then it's fine.

I'm sure she's a great person and she obviously shares our passion for the park. If she was truly a problem than USH would ask her to leave.