Stranger Things (HHN 32) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Stranger Things (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I gave up on Stranger Things after season 2 (please don't come for me :lmao:) so wondering if I can just watch S4 or do I need to watch S3 too?

Season 4 is the strongest besides the first season and features the most “horror” of the 4. Watching 3 can help and fill in some gaps, but you could skip it for a quick recap if you have to balance your time.

It’s one of my favorite shows, but honestly season 2 is not that great. It is important to the story, but compared to the other seasons, it kind of lacks.

Reactions: Sledge
From the announcement video this sounds like it will be a Vecna house ... so no California or Siberia characters

Which is fine, will basically feel like the 'Nightmare on Elm Street' tribute that it was

Argyle deserves a meet and greet or something, dude

From the announcement video this sounds like it will be a Vecna house ... so no California or Siberia characters

Which is fine, will basically feel like the 'Nightmare on Elm Street' tribute that it was

Argyle deserves a meet and greet or something, dude
It's interesting - Universal seems to be trying to focus in on central locations/stories this year.

Doing just the Vecna storyline for ST, and only doing Pittsburgh for TLOU.

Maybe just a coincidence, but I wonder if this could be something we see moving forward.

Reactions: Ahmanet and grlhowl
It's interesting - Universal seems to be trying to focus in on central locations/stories this year.

Maybe just a coincidence, but I wonder if this could be something we see moving forward.

But then I won't be able to complain about IP haunts anymore and I'll have to complain about how I can't complain about IP haunts anymore.

But I'm glad to see more of a focus on specific story elements- 2019 was just weird because the Season 2 section jumped around so much, and there weren't many successful transitions. I'd rather have more coherence over more set pieces.

But with that being said, I was thinking this would be in SS22 because, ya know, Stranger Things has never been a split soundstage before. But without the inclusion of some big scenes, is it possible this might be the first time it shares a location with another haunt?

But then I won't be able to complain about IP haunts anymore and I'll have to complain about how I can't complain about IP haunts anymore.

But I'm glad to see more of a focus on specific story elements- 2019 was just weird because the Season 2 section jumped around so much, and there weren't many successful transitions. I'd rather have more coherence over more set pieces.

But with that being said, I was thinking this would be in SS22 because, ya know, Stranger Things has never been a split soundstage before. But without the inclusion of some big scenes, is it possible this might be the first time it shares a location with another haunt?
Possibly! I'm pretty bad at keeping up with which SSs are which.

I imagine that they'll still use some massive sets, specifically for Vecna's mind lair.

Reactions: Ahmanet

I think this is coincidence. TLOU bc it’s the most insane part of the game and most quintessential “The Last Of Us” experience.

On ST4, the Vecna storyline was the storyline people responded to the best AND Netflix is clearly invested in profiting off of Vecna as they have a VR game releasing in a few months (during HHN) from Vecna’s POV.

I don't think the prior houses had facades, but just the neon ST logo?

Hope they have one this year using the Creel house, either in 1950s or its abandoned state

I don't think the prior houses had facades, but just the neon ST logo?

Hope they have one this year using the Creel house, either in 1950s or its abandoned state
2018 had no facade, you were immediately in a hallway of Hawkins Lab which replicated the Cold Open of the series. I think this type of start to a house is known as a "Scene: Zero", but @Legacy can probably correct me on that term.

As for 2019, it did have a facade...but on the very small side as it was just a wall of the school and a doorway which you entered. (Pretty much the same as the Library of Ghostbusters the very same year.) We've yet to see an elaborate facade for this IP, but there's potential for this year, especially if it's in the SS 24 location which always has the curtain hallway to start things off. That one usually has a facade reveal due to how that section is laid out.

We've yet to see an elaborate facade for this IP, but there's potential for this year, especially if it's in the SS 24 location which always has the curtain hallway to start things off. That one usually has a facade reveal due to how that section is laid out.
Hollywood has been in a similar situation, with basically no facade for past Stranger Things houses. However, from what we have seen from this year’s construction out in Hollywood, potentially that has changed. I wouldn’t be surprised Orlando starts off a bit bigger than past iterations.

I will admit, I hope they keep that “cold open” idea for this new house, as that was a really distinct and fun way to open the past Stranger Things houses.

I've watched, and rewatched, all of Stranger Things start to finish at least 5 times. I was born in 1983 and the Bryers house reminds me a lot of my own growing up, and nostalgia aside, I think season 1 is a perfect show. I appreciate the setting of season 2 with Halloween in the background along with the isolated cabin in the woods. If we never got the drastic change in tone with season 3 (my least favorite season) I don't think season 2 would be judged as harshly.

Season 4 is so much different than season 1 I don't think you can fairly compare them at this point.

I have a hard time deciding if Season 1 or Season 4 is my fave. I know that the entire time I watched Season 4, I just kept saying, Oh my god this would be an awesome HHN house. And now, here it is! I would also guess that Eddie's guitar scene will have him on top of the trailer out of reach. People will lose their minds.. and he can't be within reach AT ALL. Also, not taking the Hellfire Club drinking challenge as I'd likely end up in hospital.

Side note: saw this and thought you all would laugh..
358711236_662280212612525_4640468924972150352_n.jpg