Stranger Things (HHN 32) | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

Stranger Things (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hi guys, I posted a while ago to ask if I needed to watch S3 and 4 of this to get this house and was told yes and fully intended to...however work has been / still is crazy and we fly over in like 10 days and know I won't cram it in between. I've watched a few reviews and one said that it's mostly scenes from the last episode S4 - would I get away with just that episode?? Or is that wishful thinking I have an 8 hour flight from Ireland, so could download even S4 for the flight, but would rather sleep if possible thanks again in advance and sorry for not taking the good advice I got in the first place in a timely manner

Hi guys, I posted a while ago to ask if I needed to watch S3 and 4 of this to get this house and was told yes and fully intended to...however work has been / still is crazy and we fly over in like 10 days and know I won't cram it in between. I've watched a few reviews and one said that it's mostly scenes from the last episode S4 - would I get away with just that episode?? Or is that wishful thinking I have an 8 hour flight from Ireland, so could download even S4 for the flight, but would rather sleep if possible thanks again in advance and sorry for not taking the good advice I got in the first place in a timely manner
The house is solely based on Season 4. It is totally up to you, but I'd recommend watching the entirety of Season 4.

I don't think you necessarily need to watch Season 3 to understand the house or Season 4.

If you really want to watch the essential episodes it would be EP 1, 4, 7, 9,
But I would watch the whole season

Last edited:
Brilliant, thanks so much guys! I'll try to squeeze in the first few eps of S4 before we leave and download the rest for the plane...thanks so much and hopefully bump into some of you in little over a week

Reactions: Crypt Keeper
Brilliant, thanks so much guys! I'll try to squeeze in the first few eps of S4 before we leave and download the rest for the plane...thanks so much and hopefully bump into some of you in little over a week
Or, if time is tight, just go through blind and have fun seeing if you can figure out what the crap is going on.

Technically we are all going to be doing this with The Exorcist: Believer anyways.

Or, if time is tight, just go through blind and have fun seeing if you can figure out what the crap is going on.

Technically we are all going to be doing this with The Exorcist: Believer anyways.
You know what, you're absolutely right! I've been worried about it as I always watch the IP's beforehand...but tbh I read all of ye here speak about the story of the originals and whether it's cohesive or not etc. and I'm thinking I'm too scared going through any house, I've no idea what the story is anyway :lmao: !

First impression: does a lot right.

Choosing to focus on the Vecna storyline is smart. Keeps the story tight.

Some convincing look-alikes. Some nice jump scares.

But this house was destined to be judged on two scenes. The "Running Up that Hill" scene underwhelms, relying on a screen. And the MoP scene is a whiff. Needed to find a way to give the audience what it wants/expects.

Not a bad house by any means. But to use a sports analogy, chokes in the clutch,

I really enjoyed the house, came out of it tearing up a bit. But I think the running up the hill scene should have a max pop out and scare, or make the screen move so it's not still. And the MoP scene should have given Eddie the guitar. The scene still works I just would have loved to see that. But that's just minor nitpicks for me. Otherwise still a fantastic house. Henry and Eleven double scare is amazing (if timed right.) This and Darkest Deal are fighting for my favorite this year.

I really didn’t care for this one. Few scares, a lot of static figures and not great energy in the run I had. With the obvious caveat that I’m not a Stranger Things fan, this has been my least favorite so far (though Chucky is right there with it).

Reactions: snayberry
House is definitely fun and has some really cool setpieces and decent scares. I think it's the little details that bother me though and make me still consider 28's house to be better. I miss the Upside Down particles from the last two houses, the Eleven mannequin is ridiculously bad, and I'm not a fan of the fabric walls for a number of the important scenes. However I think I'd be much more willing to deal with some bunched up fabric on the sides of scenes if the backgrounds themselves weren't really softly lit and blurry. If they wanted to really make it work, they needed some higher quality projectors cause as it stands the Max Graveyard scene and Demobat Tornado are practically unreadable to me. Also a massive waste of Running Up that Hill across the entire event.

I feel like this HOUSE has the exact same problems as Chucky. Really terrible mannequins (Terrible). Some static scenes that needed to be added by the studio. They just don't translate well. Some scenes looked awful.

This house was just okay to me. Maybe it's because I haven't seen season 4. The first Stranger Things house is still the best one to me and I've done all three.
This to me, is the worst house of all the stranger things houses we have had. The others were much better.

Last edited:
That's not what our tour guide was saying at all. Because someone in the group even made a Napster joke.

I could definitely be wrong but rewatching some of the povs it’s really hard not to hear that song being MOP.

You can mimic the hard, three note riff of the refrain while completely changing the rhythm /melody underneath and it can sound “almost” identical while being a different song.

MOP has key hits. Everything around those hits is fairly easy to hide.

Someone has to take one for the team and Shazam it when they are in the room.
Wonder if it’s so convincing that it would recognize it as MOP.

I took out my phone and used Shazam. It doesn't recognize it. I walked real slow at 1:30 am. It doesn't catch it.

But I realize one thing. It's a very short loop of master of puppets without any vocals. It really is master of puppets but a very tiny loop. It actually felt like it repeated while I was in this room. Can't be longer than 1 minute. It was very clear today.

And Eddie has never ever picked up that guitar. I don't think that it's part of the role.

I took out my phone and used Shazam. It doesn't recognize it. I walked real slow at 1:30 am. It doesn't catch it.

But I realize one thing. It's a very short loop of master of puppets without any vocals. It really is master of puppets but a very tiny loop. It actually felt like it repeated while I was in this room. Can't be longer than 1 minute. It was very clear today.

And Eddie has never ever picked up that guitar. I don't think that it's part of the role.
What’s the limit for how long a song can play before you have to pay royalties?

Reactions: Midnight Detective
So I had a really good run through this house. Hit almost all of the scares and they were all super effective with great cast energy. Was actually my favorite house yesterday. Was very tempted to go through a second time later in the night to see how it held up but I was wiped.

So I had a really good run through this house. Hit almost all of the scares and they were all super effective with great cast energy. Was actually my favorite house yesterday. Was very tempted to go through a second time later in the night to see how it held up but I was wiped.
Had my first run thru the house last night. I thought it was a really good house, I got got which is always a plus, and it came across as foreboding. Probably tied with one of my top two houses with TLoU

Negatives
I didn't really see much of the video stuff (maybe due to Stay n Scream being so bright out?) but thought they had some really huge environments that were kind of empty and could just use something else going on in them
I was super disappointed with the two biggest scenes to me, Eddie metal death and Max breaking death completely missing the mark. They should have absolutely nailed both of them knowing how big of scenes they were and how they were received by the public.

I like this house, but it is lower on my list for the year. In my opinion s4 is the “scariest” stranger things season and could have had a lot of potential, set design was beautiful in some spots

A few specific things
-The actors playing 1 in the house are EXTREMELY aggressive and get right in your face, love it
-Looking into the roof of the trailer and seeing Dustin standing upside down is such a cool effect, wished they would have done something similar for the running up that hill scene
-If either 1 or 11 are missing in the transformation scene, it looks kinda silly, 11 more so since 1 is just reacting to nothing essentially
-Most of the vecna actors move reallyyy slowly and it affects their scare for me
-No offense to the actresses, but the “flambé” trigger is like right at the climax of the house and was just not an effective scare at all.
-Glad we got a few demogorgons at the end even though they only show up in Russia

Of course others may have different experiences, but I’ve had at least 10 runs of the house so far, some better than others of course

Chucky is better than this
I must ask, how? This is #9 on my list so far, but for me there is a massive gap between my #9 and #10. At least imo ST4's sets are better constructed, it has some decent scares here and there, it's got a clear and consistent theme, some fun crowd-pleasing setpieces. Even with my many issues regarding ST4, I don't know if I've ever been in a house as bad as Ultimate Kill Count in the years I've been going. I'm legitimately curious as to what you experienced.