Stranger Things (HHN 32) | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Stranger Things (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I must ask, how? This is #9 on my list so far, but for me there is a massive gap between my #9 and #10. At least imo ST4's sets are better constructed, it has some decent scares here and there, it's got a clear and consistent theme, some fun crowd-pleasing setpieces. Even with my many issues regarding ST4, I don't know if I've ever been in a house as bad as Ultimate Kill Count in the years I've been going. I'm legitimately curious as to what you experienced.
ST4 and Chucky are my bottom 9 and 10 but I could argue ST4 is the worst because of how hard they fumbled this property.
^ pretty much this

Stranger Things Season 1 is, in my opinion, one of the absolute best adaptations of a property to a theme park attraction I've ever seen.

Season 4 suffers from almost all the same criticisms I have of Chucky - weird scene choices, dialog issues, and a superior adaption that was made years ago. The difference is, Chucky has a huge problem working against it - how do you make a character who is 2 feet tall (or less?) frightening?

I always have a great time at the event and I usually have only positive things to say about it. I thought Hellblock Horror and Lunatics Playground were fun, good houses. Say what you want about the Walking Dead but they experimented with new inventive ideas and the houses, generally, got better and better. This house takes the most horror adjacent season of the show, makes it the least scary adaptation, and completely fails to nail the memorable moments.

I like this house, but it is lower on my list for the year. In my opinion s4 is the “scariest” stranger things season and could have had a lot of potential, set design was beautiful in some spots

A few specific things
-The actors playing 1 in the house are EXTREMELY aggressive and get right in your face, love it
-Looking into the roof of the trailer and seeing Dustin standing upside down is such a cool effect, wished they would have done something similar for the running up that hill scene
-If either 1 or 11 are missing in the transformation scene, it looks kinda silly, 11 more so since 1 is just reacting to nothing essentially
-Most of the vecna actors move reallyyy slowly and it affects their scare for me
Not to be too negative about the house, but one thing I dislike is seeing 11 as a bald kid in the research facility again ...
While I understand why they used short hair 11 again because of telling Vecna's story. We already saw little 11 in the research facility the last two houses. We did not need to see those flashbacks in my opinion. Maybe Netflix required them to add it.
But everyone keeps asking where Hopper is and the Russian jail. I hear it both in the park and online. Everyone misses him.

I must ask, how? This is #9 on my list so far, but for me there is a massive gap between my #9 and #10. At least imo ST4's sets are better constructed, it has some decent scares here and there, it's got a clear and consistent theme, some fun crowd-pleasing setpieces. Even with my many issues regarding ST4, I don't know if I've ever been in a house as bad as Ultimate Kill Count in the years I've been going. I'm legitimately curious as to what you experienced.

The other two Stranger things houses were much better and had better rooms. The last house based on season 3 had the giant monster attacking the cabin and attacking the mall. Those two rooms were incredible. The cabin room was always so much fun. Those two older houses had memorable rooms.
The demogorgons are more scary than vecna. Much better looking. More interesting costumes. Vecna is a little bit plain. He just doesn't translate as scary as much as the demogorgons

As for worse house, People keep mentioning bloody Marys house and chance house as bad as Chucky but I liked those 2. ( people mention hellblock horror but I really liked that house)

• Haha
Reactions: Midnight Detective
Not to be too negative about the house, but one thing I dislike is seeing 11 as a bald kid in the research facility again ...
While I understand why they used short hair 11 again because of telling Vecna's story. We already saw little 11 in the research facility the last two houses. We did not need to see those flashbacks in my opinion. Maybe Netflix required them to add it.
But everyone keeps asking where Hopper is and the Russian jail. I hear it both in the park and online. Everyone misses him.

The other two Stranger things houses were much better and had better rooms. The last house based on season 3 had the giant monster attacking the cabin and attacking the mall. Those two rooms were incredible. The cabin room was always so much fun. Those two older houses had memorable rooms.
The demogorgons are more scary than vecna. Much better looking. More interesting costumes. Vecna is a little bit plain. He just doesn't translate as scary as much as the demogorgons

As for worse house, People keep mentioning bloody Marys house and chance house as bad as Chucky but I liked those 2. ( people mention hellblock horror but I really liked that house)

Spider-Man-Pointing-Meme.jpg

Middle of the road. There was a lot to cover from the latest season and what was there was fine. I liked the recreation of the rope scene. Not sure if this is intentional but some of the Vecnas were obvious half costumes. I guess I never noticed this with other costumes in other houses but the Vecna costumes seemed to be the Vecna mask, Vecna torso, and Scareactor jeans. Might have been a bad lighting cue and this was never meant to be seen who knows? Have to say though - the Eddie and Dustin scene was anticlimactic and underwhelming. No guitar solo? Just D&E looking scared with a maybe-licensed-Metallicish song playing.

with a maybe-licensed-Metallicish song playing.
I'm still very confused by this whole ongoing narrative in this thread. Finally did the house yesterday & got stuck in that room for a solid 2 minutes and it's just Master of Puppets. Not a close rip off with a few notes changed. Regular ole' Metallica, just in a section of the song without vocals.

I watched the version in Florida.....why the heck dd we not get something like that?

Our version feels very fine, it's not bad but....I feel like it's easily on the lower end of the mazes. Nothing that impressive from scare, fun or technical perspectives

Florida got the maze we should have gotten as well, much more interesting and the sets and effects are more in line with what I thought an IP like Stranger things would have.

I'm still very confused by this whole ongoing narrative in this thread. Finally did the house yesterday & got stuck in that room for a solid 2 minutes and it's just Master of Puppets. Not a close rip off with a few notes changed. Regular ole' Metallica, just in a section of the song without vocals.
Fair. I was in the room for <15 seconds and only heard vague metal stuff. YMMV.

Fair. I was in the room for <15 seconds and only heard vague metal stuff. YMMV.
No shade at you specifically by any means. Just surprised how frequently it's been questioned in here in general.

Going off IU's POV (2:04-2:20):

It's just the riff from roughly 0:30-0:40 looped. Same riff, same drums, etc.

Which is the exact same riff played in the scene starting at 0:44:

No shade at you specifically by any means. Just surprised how frequently it's been questioned in here in general.

Going off IU's POV (2:04-2:20):

It's just the riff from roughly 0:30-0:40 looped. Same riff, same drums, etc.

Which is the exact same riff played in the scene starting at 0:44:

I was just about to do this same thing LOL

I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Tbad556
Went through again last night and I was trying to figure out what makes this house feel cheap.

- So many black walls and exposed black plywood. You can see A LOT of the exposed sound stage in this house. Compare this to Yeti or Bloodmoon where you're completely isolated inside the house.
- The Vecna costumes look very cheap. The actors are too short and you see them WAY too long. They are simply standing in the room with you and walk up.
- The woods backdrop cloth in the clock ghost room is very cheap feeling. Not up to HHN quality at all.
- The "flambe" scare is just not good.
- The scene in the trailer with Dustin on the other side of the portal is very cool till I noticed it's not actually reflecting what's in the upside down trailer. They should be mirroring each other but they don't. You can also see the Dustin side before the open portal because the area is poorly sealed off.
- The Demogorgon costume has extremely visible eye holes. They already had great costumes for this monster before!

So many poorly executed areas. Poorly thought out, sub-standard construction, overall extremely missed opportunity,

Went through again last night and I was trying to figure out what makes this house feel cheap.

- So many black walls and exposed black plywood. You can see A LOT of the exposed sound stage in this house. Compare this to Yeti or Bloodmoon where you're completely isolated inside the house.
- The Vecna costumes look very cheap. The actors are too short and you see them WAY too long. They are simply standing in the room with you and walk up.
- The woods backdrop cloth in the clock ghost room is very cheap feeling. Not up to HHN quality at all.
- The scene in the trailer with Dustin on the other side of the portal is very cool till I noticed it's not actually reflecting what's in the upside down trailer. They should be mirroring each other but they don't. You can also see the Dustin side before the open portal because the area is poorly sealed off.
- The Demogorgon costume has extremely visible eye holes. They already had great costumes for this monster before!

So many poorly executed areas. Poorly thought out, sub-standard construction, overall extremely missed opportunity,

Another thing, comparing this house to the older ones. We barely see anyone from the show. The other two houses were full with the characters from the show and we had soldiers and scientists in hazmat suits and other cool.crazy stuff. Those felt very alive, Here it's very limited. Characters are mannequins and a couple of actors playing Eddie and stuff. Feels more subdued

Another thing, comparing this house to the older ones. We barely see anyone from the show. The other two houses were full with the characters from the show and we had soldiers and scientists in hazmat suits and other cool.crazy stuff. Those felt very alive, Here it's very limited. Characters are mannequins and a couple of actors playing Eddie and stuff. Feels more subdued
Rewatching walkthroughs of the originals and seeing the characters is wild. They matched people to the roles so well

I’ll agree with a lot of this, it feels like they pulled a Hollywood house over lol

That said, it does have one of my favorite effects with 1 getting dissolved

I get and agree with a lot of the criticisms here, but there are plenty of characters from the show. Two Maxes, Lucas, three Eddie’s, Steve, Dustin, Robin, two 001’s, two Elevens…
I gotta pay more attention. I only remember Dustin. Eddie. 11. Human vecna. I only remember max mannequin
I really don't remember Steve or Lucas

Reactions: Midnight Detective