Studio Tour | Page 66 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Back to the Future and Kong.....pleaseeeeeee
BTTF isn't exactly an "attraction" since nothing happens with the set/area (except the Courthouse has survived backlot fires). And KONG would need to be the defunct original..

Considering JAWS was the first magnet. It's more likely Earthquake will get one. Psycho is possible since Norman brings the set to life (and death). The old Breaking Bridge would be a nice Studio Tour nod for the 60th.

Similar to what I posted on the new thread I have created for the Parisian Courtyard--I have a rumor of which I have been working on for a long time in regards to the Studio Tour.

Working with those familiar on the matter, and those understanding; I have been hearing that there is an intent for a relocation project to occur for the Studio Tour--and that it will be expected for 2025. My belief has been that the relocation will claim Soundstage 15 and T-Pad (where Killer Klowns from Outer Space and Holidayz in Hell have presided) will be the area of which the relocation will occur at. The Studio Tour will be re-routed as a result; and could shorten due to the new space for loading and unloading.

I do not have an understanding of where they may relocate the maintenance barn.

So then the Tram would start in the lower lot next to SNW?
I don't necessarily know if they'd be using the road in-between TF and SNW, in part that I believe it is a fire road; but I do believe SS15 and T-Pad will be used.

Will require changes either way to infastructure; but that is the belief I have had at this time in *where* (and that I will stand by on the when, that everything has pointed to 2025).

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Relocating back to to the Lower Lot... interesting. After they invested all that money on the nice fancy entrance area *sigh*

But at least the Studio Tour has Lower Lot history

Well where ever it ends up, I would not mind the Q being updated to have more props to look at and maybe even some digital screen that be updated when newer films come out

So this year will probably be our last year for SS 15 being used for HHN. Well I do hope we get more sound stage houses in the future in absence of 15.

This is blue sky wishful thinking here, but I would love the queue for the relocated Studio Tour to be some sort of museum. After the loss of the Universal museum from years ago, it would be a fantastic way to make up for that.

EDIT TO ADD: To add credibility to this rumor, I can also see this as a serious possibility as the Supercharged replacement would likely be ready by 2026. Having a new attraction for the Tour would be a great way to promote the relocation.

Having a new attraction for the Tour would be a great way to promote the relocation.
Just don't promote it as if it's a completely new ride/attraction... (*cough KONG, but especially Supercharged).

Guest: "Where's the Fast & Furious ride?"
Me: I don't know, just go ride this, we have dinosaurs

Reactions: Freak
Just don't promote it as if it's a completely new ride/attraction... (*cough KONG, but especially Supercharged).

Guest: "Where's the Fast & Furious ride?"
Me: I don't know, just go ride this, we have dinosaurs
There is no way they won't call it "the all new Universal Studios Tram experience"

Which to be fair if they have a really nice Q, new layout and redo supercharged to something new....they aren't technically lying, lol

But I mean when Fantamsic comes back to Disneyland nooooo way they don't call it New just either

There is no way they won't call it "the all new Universal Studios Tram experience"

Which to be fair if they have a really nice Q, new layout and redo supercharged to something new....they aren't technically lying, lol

But I mean when Fantamsic comes back to Disneyland nooooo way they don't call it New just either
I think that's what they will....or at least should market that as. New queue, new finale, maaaaybe some small enhancements and hopefully a new host! I think this will be our 2026 addition.

And bring back the Collapsing Bridge.

This is blue sky wishful thinking here, but I would love the queue for the relocated Studio Tour to be some sort of museum. After the loss of the Universal museum from years ago, it would be a fantastic way to make up for that.

Please. I was hoping when Jurassic Park got turned into World that the queue would've been overhauled to let us walk through Wu's labs, etc., and since that little pipe dream didn't happen, this would be the next best thing -- even if half the queue is still outside, having even part of it before you board the tram go inside and have guests course through history would be awesome, especially since we'd be losing the timeline road. There's so much they could do with a new queue, and I'll try not to get hyped for something that likely won't happen, but god...

Please. I was hoping when Jurassic Park got turned into World that the queue would've been overhauled to let us walk through Wu's labs, etc., and since that little pipe dream didn't happen, this would be the next best thing -- even if half the queue is still outside, having even part of it before you board the tram go inside and have guests course through history would be awesome, especially since we'd be losing the timeline road. There's so much they could do with a new queue, and I'll try not to get hyped for something that likely won't happen, but god...
I know

while I love Jurassic World....I'm always said the Q or restaurant wanted updated to fit the films more

Hopefully with USH doing so well and themed stuff seeming to draw people in they spend the money to give us a nice Q for the Tram. Especially since it can get HUGE lines

And bring back the Collapsing Bridge.
1000x yes
Please. I was hoping when Jurassic Park got turned into World that the queue would've been overhauled to let us walk through Wu's labs, etc., and since that little pipe dream didn't happen, this would be the next best thing
Being a huge dino/JP fanboy & being on the opening team of JW... don't even get me started lol. The flaws within the ride redo itself aside, the queue had so much potential. The only "outdoor" section of the queue should've been the extended overflow (which should've had a permanent roof instead of having to put a temporary tent over it). Also.... foundation issues, which was another reason why it's :poop:

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
I just hope that WHATEVER replaces Supercharged is just really different and not new videos on those screens. Give us physical sets! Maybe an animatronic or two! Do something that isn't just another motion simulator! Pleaseeeeeeeee.
High School Please GIF

Part of me personally thinks a rebranded "The New World Famous Studio Tour" with you having SS15 be used as a Queue/Museum where props and sets (like that long MIA piece of the Phantom Theater) would be a hell of a way to market it. Simplistic and effective; allowing you to hook people in with something larger in scale to that of what the NBCUniversalExperience was.

Part of me personally thinks a rebranded "The New World Famous Studio Tour" with you having SS15 be used as a Queue/Museum where props and sets (like that long MIA piece of the Phantom Theater) would be a hell of a way to market it. Simplistic and effective; allowing you to hook people in with something larger in scale to that of what the NBCUniversalExperience was.
The museum experience would also allow you to frontload a lot of information through a chronological tour of the studio's history, which could help if the rerouting cuts out a lot of the "dead time" of the initial hill descent and return to the load station. Essentially, you would divide the tour into A. a hagiographic look at famous films of Universal's past alongside relevant props, and B. a 'practical' look into how the films are made alongside a tour of the facilities.

Yea... I'd like to know where my Phantom set is because them saying it's "safe" isn't believable for me. Of course I'd like to know what happened to the chandelier since that went missing eons ago (*cough- replicate it if you must)

I just hope that WHATEVER replaces Supercharged is just really different and not new videos on those screens.
Bring back the spinning vortex tunnel of doom!

Reactions: saint.piss
This is gonna be a hot take for sure, but having a "rebooted" Studio Tour would be a fantastic way to ditch the 3D on the Tour. It needs to go back to its roots of celbrating practical effects.

Personally, what I would like to see is King Kong 360 getting torn down, and a more complete Skull Island experience get relocated to where Supercharged is now. I really miss having a real-life King Kong AA. I would much rather have a giant Kong AA shaking us on a bridge than have us go through a 3D speed tunnel.