Studio Tour | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They’re bringing back the train effect???
To be fair, it was always just sitting there in Six Points Texas

1000010908.jpg
Never did get around to getting a better picture. But I do have this one from 2017. Would've had another from 2019 when we wandered the backlot during downtime, BUT a bunch of cars were blocking it. Grrrr..

Reactions: joerodriguez
Assuming that the "locked paddock" of dinosaurs is the old dancing cars area that's going to be used to emanate sound for this, it's funny that after all the years of begging for it to be dusted off and used for something, the monkey's paw definitely curled on that one, haha. But aside from that, very excited for this!

A part of me was hoping they'd bring the old west shootout back for this event, but that's greedy -- the Studio Tour has been one of my favorite things to experience as long as I've been alive, so just seeing Universal putting together its own little love letter to it is more than welcome.

I thought the train was on the old collapsing bridge area, or is that another train?
It is. They relocated it there in 2022, I don't remember the reason why exactly. Possibly renovation of sets in that area (or prep work to get it ready to "runaway" again)..

Usually they would just have the "wrecked" Tram car with a smoke effect like this
1000010909.jpg
1000010910.jpg

I remember first seeing the runaway train on the collapsing bridge in Dec 2021. I could not figure out why it was there lol. I assumed it was just because they needed to move it, and that happened to be a free spot
20211109_155936_exported_13978~2.jpg

Reactions: Wesker69
blue arrested development GIF

Assuming that the "locked paddock" of dinosaurs is the old dancing cars area that's going to be used to emanate sound for this, it's funny that after all the years of begging for it to be dusted off and used for something, the monkey's paw definitely curled on that one, haha. But aside from that, very excited for this!

A part of me was hoping they'd bring the old west shootout back for this event, but that's greedy -- the Studio Tour has been one of my favorite things to experience as long as I've been alive, so just seeing Universal putting together its own little love letter to it is more than welcome.
lol

That would be the best and make sense why I saw them painting the walls a few weeks back

Yea. I'm NOT a fan of the modern cosmetic change to Earthquake.. I'm still twitching from reading the IU article.

And the tanker truck being changed to hydrogen instead of gasoline... *sigh*

At least I have a crap ton if pictures of the original attraction. Of course, now I'll need to get pics of this new version too (even if I don't like it)

And the tanker truck being changed to hydrogen instead of gasoline... *sigh*
Does this mean it won't catch on fire?

I guessing I'm asking does it matter if the truck is Hydrogen?

I think not liking thew look fine but not sure why that change would upset anyone unless they are taking away the fire effect

Does this mean it won't catch on fire?
That's what was unclear from the article. Although the broken electrical cables will still be present... soooo... maybe will still get fire

When I read hydrogen, my brain automatically thought of T23D's finale with the huge fog explosion lol (which I love, but not for earthquake)

They also didn't mention the flash flood of water on the right side, unless I missed it from being traumatized by the cosmetic change lol

That's what was unclear from the article. Although the broken electrical cables will still be present... soooo... maybe will still get fire

When I read hydrogen, my brain automatically thought of T23D's finale with the huge fog explosion lol (which I love, but not for earthquake)

They also didn't mention the flash flood of water on the right side, unless I missed it from being traumatized by the cosmetic change lol
Whoa wait, the truck in the Earthquake ride is now a hydrogen truck? There better be a T-1000 coming out of there or something.

I hope that we'll see some fire effects present in the ride. It would be a serious bummer if fire effects get cut completely.

Reactions: Wesker69
1000010919.jpg
It's worded weirdly... it says it's "hydrogen-powered". So I hope it's just referring to the new mechanics & NOT actually a "hydrogen tanker".

We'll know soon enough in literally 2-3 weeks

I definitely thought the 60th would be a longer celebration. Will be curious to see how much sticks around for HHN season.
It makes sense and its longer then I thought it would be

Normally summer events are only late may or June until the first week of August

Also because of HHN it couldn't run much longer anyway....though.....I do hope they use some of these extra props for the store of HHN this year

It makes sense and its longer then I thought it would be

Normally summer events are only late may or June until the first week of August

Also because of HHN it couldn't run much longer anyway....though.....I do hope they use some of these extra props for the store of HHN this year
Yeah, I understand some aspects but when I hear an anniversary celebration I expect it to be the whole year or close to it, not four months. I don’t follow it as close being out of state so I must’ve missed it only being a summer thing. Hopefully some things can stay, I know some will have to go for Terror Tram but maybe some can stay for daily ops!

Reactions: Rideguy70