Studio Tour | Page 61 | Inside Universal Forums

Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the tour shouldn’t have a host. Maybe legends of the industry throughout the tour. It will get outdated again fast if they don’t choose the right person. At least if they have multiple big names across a certain time frame it can hold up
That's an interesting idea.

As long as one of the hosts isn't (muted dialogue), who still owes me $5 bucks!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Retheme the "auto shop" facade to and old fashioned movie theater, we enter, go through the lobby and then into the screen tunnel where they can show a montage of clips and moments from Universal movie history as the grand finale. A celebration of the past. Or even better yet, make a montage of segments from popular films, a "Soarin'" Thru the Movies. A fly through hill valley, rocking on the ocean waters with jaws, the T rex encounter from the original JP movie etc, a car chase with Jason Bourne etc. Could be so cool IMO
bringing this here... They could even cheap out on us and have us enter a soundstage, in fact that might even be better, sets and equipment in that first room and then we go into Soarin' Through Universal IP as @Freak pointed out "You’re not closing any doors so to speak by locking one IP into the tram attraction" and its updatable and thematically on point.

I mean with Peppers ghost effect they use currently on F&F you would be allowed to bring any character to life new or old if you want

Even Cartoons if they wanted, I think having Kong, T rex from Jurassic, Dragon from Dragon heart in the back of everyone/some scenes would be great. I hope they read these forums and unless they have a better idea for an ending bring something like this to pass

• Love
Reactions: alias8703
I mean with Peppers ghost effect they use currently on F&F you would be allowed to bring any character to life new or old if you want

Even Cartoons if they wanted, I think having Kong, T rex from Jurassic, Dragon from Dragon heart in the back of everyone/some scenes would be great. I hope they read these forums and unless they have a better idea for an ending bring something like this to pass
They need an Ender as skateboarders call it, right now the tour still kinda just ends a lot of the tour seems so separate and not cohesive anymore :/

Makes sense, universal has nothing next year so I bet the Tram's 60th and Mario cafe are it

Last edited:
Any rumors on if they’re updating the tour for the 60th?
Earthquake is getting a refurbishment but there is a rebuilding project now underway for that of the Bates Motel.

Something mentioned on the TPS Discord—is a potential walking portion coming to the tour for the 60th, similar to how HHN has a walking route for the Terror Tram.

• Wow
Reactions: Freak
Earthquake is getting a refurbishment but there is a rebuilding project now underway for that of the Bates Motel.

Something mentioned on the TPS Discord—is a potential walking portion coming to the tour for the 60th, similar to how HHN has a walking route for the Terror Tram.
Wait....for every tram? That would be so cool

Oh wow! I recall back in the 70’s or 80’s they had a break area where you could go to use the restroom, but snacks, and check out the photo ops. If they were wise, they would build a restroom along the path. You know there will be some people that will need to be relieved after that long trip lol

It would be cool if Universal were to convert the Bates motel into an actual working motel. They could easily charge $700 to $800 a night, making some good money for the park.

It would be cool if Universal were to convert the Bates motel into an actual working motel. They could easily charge $700 to $800 a night, making some good money for the park.
I mean.....it's on private property and would have to be moved because guests would need to be freely about to get to the hotel at any hour.

Now if they want to build a hotel themed to that, I think that would make more sense but the set where it is would be almost impossible to be a working hotel

Reactions: joerodriguez
Some news about the 60th anniversary:
The line in red is where a new asphalt concrete road is proposed to go, the area I carefully marked in turquoise is going to undergo some grading. Presumably this will be a new walking path and serves as our first real concrete evidence that the anniversary celebration may include a hop-off/hop-on point halfway through the tour!!
This is in addition to the three WotW houses and Psycho house getting new footings which I'm guessing is part of the general refurb they're doing to the backlot.

No need to thank me for the beautiful artistic depiction
Screen Shot 2024-01-17 at 2.58.52 PM.png

Last edited:
Some news about the 60th anniversary:
The line in red is where a new asphalt concrete road is proposed to go, the area I beautifully marked in turquoise is going to undergo some grading. Presumably this will be a new walking path and serves as our first real concrete evidence that the anniversary celebration may include a hop-off/hop-on point halfway through the tour!!
This is in addition to the three WotW houses and Psycho house getting new footings which I'm guessing is part of the general refurb they're doing to the backlot.

No need to thank me for the beautiful artistic depiction
View attachment 20429
So we would walk the old HHN hill

Do we know what they plan to add to that section?

The ending hs walking war of the worlds but the hill is the part, I’m wondering what they will add