Super Nintendo World (Epic Universe) | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Epic Universe)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to talk about an interesting difference that's gonna be unique to Orlando's version which otherwise is looking to be a clone of Japan's.

For me, it's kind of odd that Orlando's version is gonna be the only one with an escalator (and elevator) inside of the warp pipe. Unless they theme it, I can't help but find that a bit immersion breaking on paper? I understand if they just couldn't build an upper level plaza so you just walk right into the pipe like in Hollywood and Japan. I'm just surprised this version isn't doing that approach.

1. Hollywood has a very nicely themed elevator in Mt. Beanpole.

2. Every theme park land in existence has immersion breaking exit signs.

That's fair, I wasn't really trying to nitpick, hence why I said on paper, I know both of those things regularly tend to be a thing.

Bottom line, I'm just surprised about the way this version's entrance is designed compared to its other counterparts.

Not worried about the escalator, it’ll move people into the land much faster.

I’m worried about everyone chilling inside Peach’s castle as soon as you get out of the warp pipe.

Wow, I was wondering what was with all the metal pipes sticking out what we thought would be the warp pipe in the construction photos. I thought they'd be sticking the SNW sign on top this time.

I'm just surprised they're going with a gate/portal approach rather than the entrance designs like in Hollywood and Japan, yet this still looks grandiose in its own right. I can still imagine it going well with the entrance music for that matter.

Having also found this, that's a damn good design for a merch store outside of the land.

Wow, I was wondering what was with all the metal pipes sticking out what we thought would be the warp pipe in the construction photos. I thought they'd be sticking the SNW sign on top this time.

I'm just surprised they're going with a gate/portal approach rather than the entrance designs like in Hollywood and Japan, yet this still looks grandiose in its own right. I can still imagine it going well with the entrance music for that matter.

Having also found this, that's a damn good design for a merch store outside of the land.

While I love the store design it doesn’t seem like the Nintendo store in New York with games and consoles also on sale along with the launch events and Nintendo Direct watch parties they hold. Guess I have to keep waiting for that lol

I would be seriously tempted by a Universal branded Switch 2. I’m not kidding.

There are no words to describe how much I've wanted this. A dual Super Mario, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, and potentially Luigi's Mansion theme park land, where I get to meet Mario and Luigi, shop and collect exclusive park amiibo with the Power Up bands, eat with Toads, listen to the music from games I've played for my entire life; where I get to ride on a DKC Mine Kart, hopping tracks up and down, getting launched thru a Barrel Cannon, seeing the DK Crew's treehouse and Rambi and Funky's Plane, and, and, and.......

It's all too exciting to even imagine at this point. I was there in Summer 2015 watching the GameXplain coverage the day this entire partnership was announced. I could've cried then, and ten years later, my excitement hasn't gone down an inch. It's probably jumped several yards up instead haha! I am saving up funds for as many tickets as I can manage, and a good chunk of my time will be here. Let's-a-freaking-GO!

There are no words to describe how much I've wanted this. A dual Super Mario, Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country, and potentially Luigi's Mansion theme park land, where I get to meet Mario and Luigi, shop and collect exclusive park amiibo with the Power Up bands, eat with Toads, listen to the music from games I've played for my entire life; where I get to ride on a DKC Mine Kart, hopping tracks up and down, getting launched thru a Barrel Cannon, seeing the DK Crew's treehouse and Rambi and Funky's Plane, and, and, and.......

It's all too exciting to even imagine at this point. I was there in Summer 2015 watching the GameXplain coverage the day this entire partnership was announced. I could've cried then, and ten years later, my excitement hasn't gone down an inch. It's probably jumped several yards up instead haha! I am saving up funds for as many tickets as I can manage, and a good chunk of my time will be here. Let's-a-freaking-GO!
These were my thoughts exactly when the Hollywood was nearing completion, well, minus the stuff that Hollywood doesn't have, but I don't blame you one bit.

And speaking of music, I almost now feel like the entrance music best fits Epic Universe's version of the entrance. It was one thing hearing it as you near the land entrance in Hollywood (which uses Japan's entrance design) and accentuating a welcoming feeling walking up to the entrance in person, but I think Epic's entrance gives it a new angle, almost as if it was made for that version;
I can already feel that majestic looking entrance complimenting the already majestic tune. Assuming they reuse it here as well, I think it's going to make approaching the Epic version breathtaking even as someone who has already been to the one in Hollywood. (I also have a recording here if anyone wants to try Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) )

• Love
Reactions: GA-MBIT
I have grown up with these games. The first game I ever remember playing was Super Mario 64 on the N64. I’m not an emotional guy, but I can very easily see myself getting emotional when I walk into this land and see everything.

Side note: Assuming a summer opening, my daughter will be 2.5 when it opens. I’m so excited this land gets to be a part of her childhood.

I have grown up with these games. The first game I ever remember playing was Super Mario 64 on the N64. I’m not an emotional guy, but I can very easily see myself getting emotional when I walk into this land and see everything.

Side note: Assuming a summer opening, my daughter will be 2.5 when it opens. I’m so excited this land gets to be a part of her childhood.
If I walk in and hear the title theme to Super Mario World I’m going to cry the most manly tears I’ve ever cried.

This has been such a long time coming! After almost a decade since the partnership between Nintendo and Universal was announced we will finally get this land here in Orlando and I'm super excited to finally see it! I did go to Hollywood once last year to get just a taste of it, but this land here really is what I've been waiting for for so many years. Seeing the new concept art yesterday has gotten me even more hyped now!

That new Nintendo gift shop in the hub looks just beautiful in the concept art. I like all the little details crammed in there, like the spinning coins on the fountain. (Those coins are also of the style from Super Mario 64 rather than the traditional coin design seen in the land!)

If I walk in and hear the title theme to Super Mario World I’m going to cry the most manly tears I’ve ever cried.
Just went to Universal Hollywood and visited their park.
31 year old - male - grew up playing Super Mario World, Mario Kart, and Super Mario 64.
Immediately had misty eyes stepping into the castle and hearing the iconic N64 music.

Proof of awesomeness: