Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 259 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think they realized they messed up and silently dropped that for anyone still in the park, which I'm glad they did since so far it seems much better than earlier. Hope it doesn't get worse once I'm off Mario Kart as I'm in the SR line for that as I type this.

Also made a Toadstool Cafe reservation, though now I wish I didn't get a Toothsome milkshake earlier. They're a bit on the heavy side, but given the circumstances and the quality of the food, tonight might be a rare instance of a Universal Dinner for me. xp

Perhaps they should have had three or four hour slots instead of two. That could have given guests more time to sample the ride, restaurant, and games, and for the crowd to gradually thin out before the next group came in.
Robert Niles of TPI was there and said in his post that the two hour slot was too short to be able to experience the land properly, and caused the queues to bump into one another. . But, he added he still was able to get two
rides (one using single rider) and eat in the restaurant. He said the restaurant seemed overwhelmed with the crowd and thus the food wasn't as good as when he ate there previously, and they ran out of some items.

Would've helped to have half as many people coming every hour or something. It was too many people at once which did not help things at all. Also restaurant seems to consistently be having supply issues? They had to close due to inventory during TM previews as well

I think they realized they messed up and silently dropped that for anyone still in the park, which I'm glad they did since so far it seems much better than earlier. Hope it doesn't get worse once I'm off Mario Kart as I'm in the SR line for that as I type this.

Also made a Toadstool Cafe reservation, though now I wish I didn't get a Toothsome milkshake earlier. They're a bit on the heavy side, but given the circumstances and the quality of the food, tonight might be a rare instance of a Universal Dinner for me. xp
So as an update, once I was off, crowd levels were definitely nowhere near as bad as they were earlier and I decided to end the day with Toadstool Cafe after being called right as we were doing one of the games. I guess stealthily doing it did the trick, because I was contemplating calling it early until I saw the screen on the lower lot archway saying this:
Fnr9Y_dagAAiIfq

May not have gotten some snazzy nighttime photos with the characters, but I'm sure I can do it again next time.

I was there, and it was a mob scene. We had the first, 10am group. They did let us in at 9:30, which was nice. Went right to MK, which was fine. But by the time we exited, the land was just packed. Most crowded I've seen it so far, way more so than the softs. At one point, the line for Toadstool Cafe went all the way back to the entrance pipe, I kid you not. The line for Toad, once you put your name it, still took forever because people were staying at tables forever, so no one else could be seated. It took about 90 min to do just three coin games, and about 2 hours to do all four coin games. Between the lines for games, rides, and Toad, all the lines started to intermix, so it was difficult to even tell what line was for what. Heck, there were even lines just to hit power up blocks and look through the binoculars on the 2nd floor.

Because of this, I think lots of last minute, spur of the moment decisions were made. I head by about 11am, Toadstool stopped taking reservations for a few hours. MK, which did have SR open, eventually closed it because it was nearly as long as the main queue time. Then they later started letting anyone play the Bowser Jr. game, because there was basically no way most people would have been able to earn the three coins and play the game (although I had also heard earlier in the day, they totally were not allowing that, so again, I think they were adjusting on the fly).

Really, IMO, this was just a matter of letting in too many people. I suppose it may be already too late for future AP previews, as the numbers are already set, but once the land officially opens, I'd hope they'd severely cut back on how many people can enter, and make use of that virtual queue with more reasonable numbers of people allowed inside. If they did that, I think it could easily be a different story.

And I do have to hand it to the cast members, who were trying their absolute best. T'wasn't their fault, and kudos to them.

They should issue time limits at tables on crazy days in that case. Once food is delivered you get 30 minutes max.

Is it just me or do the metal backdrops look less… cheap? Saw it looking really good in a lot of pics today

Well we can safely say that California's two big rides of the 1st half of 2023 are superior in both queue space and attraction space compared to their original counterparts.

ESPECIALLY the one that opened at Disneyland. I dont know I feel about liking Runaway Railway more than Mario Kart. If you told me this 7 years ago, I'd laugh.

Anyway, California supremacy

Last edited:
Well we can safely say that California's two big rides of the 1st half of 2023 are superior in both queue space and attraction space compared to their original counterparts.

ESPECIALLY the one that opened at Disneyland. I dont know I feel about liking Runaway Railway more than Mario Kart. If you told me this 7 years ago, I'd laugh.

Anyway, California supremacy
Username checks out

Popular theme park land is popular. Whod’ve thunk it?
then why built it with less room to walk, one less game and one less ride?
And yes I know why, it’s a studio as well

but at least potter land doesn’t have a small cap of people

if management really did know what fire they had years ago then they would have invested more land or had it in another spot but they were conservative, which is going to lead to many days where guests aren’t happy

my friends got passes but I’m telling them about all the limits of the land and how I’ll have to track how to navigate when we can go to the land is kinda insane.
my only hope is management has something planned for this year to help with crowd flow.

while obviously they couldn’t predict covid and the switch selling even better because of it, it really feels like they underestimated the appeal of the Nintendo IP or else they would have given this land a bigger footprint, DK land Looks great but it coming in 3 years leaves us with three years of a land that will at capacity all day most weekends. Which maybe I’m miss remembering but potter wasn’t like that

Also I’m not trying to argue but when guests are upset and the attitude is of course it’s popular then it’s just confusing on why they didn’t do more even with the small land they had to make this work better
Like but out the panda restaurant agreement/move it or as others have pointed out use more of mt bean pole to add another game, etc

Last edited:
Reactions: Ron101
then why built it with less room to walk, one less game and one less ride?
And yes I know why, it’s a studio as well

but at least potter land doesn’t have a small cap of people

if management really did know what fire they had years ago then they would have invested more land or had it in another spot but they were conservative, which is going to lead to many days where guests aren’t happy

my friends got passes but I’m telling them about all the limits of the land and how I’ll have to track how to navigate when we can go to the land is kinda insane.
my only hope is management has something planned for this year to help with crowd flow.

while obviously they couldn’t predict covid and the switch selling even better because of it, it really feels like they underestimated the appeal of the Nintendo IP or else they would have given this land a bigger footprint, DK land Looks great but it coming in 3 years leaves us with three years of a land that will at capacity all day most weekends. Which maybe I’m miss remembering but potter wasn’t like that

Also I’m not trying to argue but when guests are upset and the attitude is of course it’s popular then it’s just confusing on why they didn’t do more even with the small land they had to make this work better
Like but out the panda restaurant agreement/move it or as others have pointed out use more of mt bean pole to add another game, etc

I could give you the best, most logical answer - but you're deadset on this angle so...

I could give you the best, most logical answer - but you're deadset on this angle so...
Even if I disagree I’d love to hear your take Brian
Im sorry many times I come off as an A hole or know it all. I promise if you met me we’d have much better conversation about the park’s because we can be more nuanced
But your post rubbed me the wrong way of like mocking those who are upset the land is so small and comes off as of USH did everything in to power to avoid this which, myself does not in anyway believe

so would love to hear your take here or in a pm or maybe one day if we see each other in the park.

Reactions: Ron101
Im sorry many times I come off as an A hole or know it all. I promise if you met me we’d have much better conversation about the park’s because we can be more nuanced
But your post rubbed me the wrong way of like mocking those who are upset the land is so small and comes off as of USH did everything in to power to avoid this which, myself does not in anyway believe

so would love to hear your take here or in a pm or maybe one day if we see each other in the park.
Seems like people aren’t allowed to be upset about the size of the land or about many other things like the panel gaps. Lots of sympathy and free passes are being given to the Park/Creative for their strange decision making when building this land.

Seems like people aren’t allowed to be upset about the size of the land or about many other things like the panel gaps. Lots of sympathy and free passes are being given to the Park/Creative for their strange decision making when building this land.
it’s because 50% of the time I open the forum, it’s either this guy complaining or people responding to this guy complaining. It gets tiring after a while. The boy who cried wolf and all that

I think if your genuine upset then I hope they fix those things but the size of the land AB’s lack of a people eater ride would truly improve the experience most guests are upset about

I don’t know how a panel being open would help the problem most guests are having but if they can explain why it’s import then I’ll willing to listen

it’s because 50% of the time I open the forum, it’s either this guy complaining or people responding to this guy complaining. It gets tiring after a while. The boy who cried wolf and all that
Your right
I’ve many time not explained my points in a healthy or helpful way

I’m trying to be better and hopefully will in the future

I truly hope to meet more of you at USH and be able to discuss ideas in a better more conversation way

I just briefly skimmed through your post before this one and I noticed you said (Regarding the crowd situation) "There's no way they could've predicted this". Huh? HUH?????? No way to predict a popular theme park land being popular? What?

We have been more than willing to humor your points and discuss them. But months later, you still keep going back to the same points and still keep making the same broad brushing generalizations and wild assumptions like I just brought up. Whenever the occasional person decides to indulge, you deliver the same general response. Everyone on here including myself have just gotten frustrated by this and have disengaged.

We have nothing against you personally. None of us are rubbing our hands together in the coffee shop or bedroom or wherever we're typing this saying "Muahahahaa I can't wait to hate on JerrodDragon today! MUAHAHAHA!!!" We are discussing theme park stuff on a theme park board. If someone keeps complaining or making ridiculous broad brushing statements and that don't make sense, we're just going to disengage and move on. We want to keep discussion moving forward. We don't want to keep going in circles over stuff that has been exhausted already.