Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 309 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There’s talk Panda Express may get a remodel next year. Long live Panda!
Welp I’m ashamed to admit I’m part of the problem. I ate there my second to last visit as I was pretty hungry and wasn’t feeling the other food options at the time. Also wanted to eat some broccoli to get some veggies in.

I hate to say it but that Panda is always crowded. Why tear down a money-printing restaurant?

I understand y’all want to utilize the space for a new ride so badly but here’s the reality of the situation: even if Universal decided to bulldoze the restaurant tomorrow to build a new ride, what would kind of ride you put in that space?

Everyone is basically done with another simulator, especially with Transformers being right there, so that’s out. I do t know if they’re in a hurry to build another SLoP type of ride since the park already has one and it does have capacity issues. I think the one ride we all want them to put in there is Luigi’s Mansion, and while I would prefer it be something, at the very least, on par with Buzz or SLOP with guns, we all know it would be Villain Con but Luigi’s Mansion. I don’t think they would be willing to utilize that space for anything else other than a conveyer belt “ride” that Villain Con is.

Trust me, I would rather have a traditional sit-down Luigi’s Mansion ride, but I think USH would only utilize that space for something like that.

we all know it would be Villain Con but Luigi’s Mansion. I don’t think they would be willing to utilize that space for anything else other than a conveyer belt “ride” that Villain Con is.
I would personally love that, lol.

I understand y’all want to utilize the space for a new ride so badly but here’s the reality of the situation: even if Universal decided to bulldoze the restaurant tomorrow to build a new ride, what would kind of ride you put in that space?

Everyone is basically done with another simulator, especially with Transformers being right there, so that’s out. I do t know if they’re in a hurry to build another SLoP type of ride since the park already has one and it does have capacity issues. I think the one ride we all want them to put in there is Luigi’s Mansion, and while I would prefer it be something, at the very least, on par with Buzz or SLOP with guns, we all know it would be Villain Con but Luigi’s Mansion. I don’t think they would be willing to utilize that space for anything else other than a conveyer belt “ride” that Villain Con is.

Trust me, I would rather have a traditional sit-down Luigi’s Mansion ride, but I think USH would only utilize that space for something like that.
Someone said make it the underground

You could fit a flat ride, meet and greets and more games

The park just needs more to do and SNW needs more capacity

Someone said make it the underground

You could fit a flat ride, meet and greets and more games

The park just needs more to do and SNW needs more capacity

I think a combination of the underground power band area plus another eatery such as Yoshi's snack island/Nintendo pit stop popcorn would be a great replacement for Panda express. We could definitely use another Nintendo themed eatery to take pressure off of Toadstool Café.

Just get rid of Transformers. You could probably fit two rides in that space.

Anyway, so I went yesterday for the first time during normal operations (first time I went was during soft opening). The line just to get in the land took at least 30 minutes, filling up Transformers extended queue. Then once inside, there is ZERO shade and there is no remorse from the sun in this area. I played two of the mini games (lines were like 20ish minutes, which was better than I thought it'd be) and attempted the Bowser game, but it was moving glacially slow before my Toadstool reservation. Toadstool rezzies didn't work at 7am, but it worked at 7:30, grabbed a 12:30 spot since I figured that's when it would make sense. Honestly, I understand the land is swamped but this was the most ridiculous thing ever. I saw the line was long and figured I might as well jump in line at least 10 minutes early -- nope, they only let you line up the MOMENT your time slot hits. Okay, the line took 45 minutes before we were even inside. Now another 15 minutes before we can order. Then it took another 30 minutes for food to come. Food was not in my mouth until 2pm and with a 12:30pm reservation, I find that absolutely insane. I can't imagine being a parent with screaming children and starving, especially with this being the only food in the land. With eating time added, it really shouldn't be a 2.5-3 hour endeavor to eat at a cafe -- they need to lower capacity for the comfort of eating there, add a new restaurant or at least snack station, or let people go in and out of the land as they please. On top of that, food was mid (I had a Mario Burger, the tiramisu, the lemon squash drink -- this was good, and the cheesy garlic bites) and the vibes were underwhelming as well.

Oh and didn't even bother with the 3 hour line for Mario Kart, just did Single Rider, was on in 10 minutes. Still love the ride though, I think it's great and can't wait for the line to go down in the, probably, far-distant future.

I'm feeling more and more confident about my plan of attack for this land when I'm there in two-ish weeks: have the Early Access ticket, do Mario Kart, briefly look around the land... and then leave for other areas of the park!

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
They already have Dino play a few steps away from there
Yes but why not two? It's the only play area in the park and it's tiny compared to the former Curious George play zone.

It would also be nice since (and correct me if I'm wrong) there's nothing for kids to really do in the land besides the blocks and binoculars that isn't behind a line.

Reactions: joerodriguez
I think a combination of the underground power band area plus another eatery such as Yoshi's snack island/Nintendo pit stop popcorn would be a great replacement for Panda express. We could definitely use another Nintendo themed eatery to take pressure off of Toadstool Café.
I think this is a good call, especially if they make it two story. Have the underground cave on the first floor, put a path upstairs and there you go. Only thing I'd ponder is if the two snack shops could share one large room or be split off by a pipe themed fork and have half a themed space each.

I mean, I'm glad people are seeing the fault of the land being too small.

I know many are annoyed at me wanting more Nintendo but partly it's because they kinda messed up and didn't give this land enough space. Potter feels like it's 2-3 times bigger land and this land seems to be bringing in more people, so I just don't get how they didn't know how popular this land would be.

I don't hate transformers but if that's the quickest way to add on more Nintendo then go for it, a Luigi Mansion Walkway ride and another big E ticket, doesn't have to be DK coaster but something like that (a themed mild thrill ride) would really help along with another restaurant.

If the contract is not up with Panda then, whatever on that area but if it can come down within 3 years. I think an underground area to add more meet and greet space/inside so the performers don't have to be in the sun. Some more Band games, a flat ride, a quicker service and more interactive elements would be great for that area.

Around that time they can then move over to Simpsons land and either redo the ride to be Simpsons or redo the land and then after that move the Tram so we can use fall's lake for more lands.

It doesn't need to be a new ride. Just more play space for Nintendo. Right now, that $40 band has a lot less value in Hollywood than it does in Osaka (and soon to be Orlando).