Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 329 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m sorry, are you suggesting the best location for a Nintendo store in the United States is ……….. CityWalk in Hollywood? Come on, man.
Couldn't that also be considered a conflict of interest as well if Nintendo put one of their stores in CityWalk when they have SNW in the parks?

Also on a side note, I remember visiting the Nintendo store in NYC during a trip with some friends back in 2017.

Couldn't that also be considered a conflict of interest as well if Nintendo put one of their stores in CityWalk when they have SNW in the parks?

Also on a side note, I remember visiting the Nintendo store in NYC during a trip with some friends back in 2017.
Lol

Then how would Disney have stores like the Star Wars shop in DTD

Universal literally sells Potter and Nintendo Merch already....this would be them taking a bigger building and adding Zelda, Pokemon and other merch plus it will have events and photo ops

Its perfect for Citywalk and would just be synergy with the Park.

Reactions: BriefCasey
Lol

Universal literally sells Potter and Nintendo Merch already....this would be them taking a bigger building and adding Zelda, Pokemon and other merch plus it will have events and photo ops

Its perfect for Citywalk and would just be synergy with the Park.
I think when it comes to the possibility of a Nintendo store, it's a lot more like despite the name of the land (especially in Hollywood aside from the Pikmin cameos), Universal is currently only selling Mario merch in the parks based on the land since Yoshi and DK are still sorta tied to Mario even if they have their separate games (and I think the Epic Universe gate reflects this).

As such, I see a store themed to the land and selling merch from it different from a store with the core Nintendo branding and selling all things Nintendo; truer to the Nintendo name.

Though I do wonder if it could still replace the old Saddle Ranch space. Not sure if it'd be impractical though, especially with the possible onsite hotel.

EDIT: I also wanna bring up again that Nintendo has used CityWalk for events before, which is another reason I'm hoping a Nintendo Los Angeles store isn't out of the question.

Last edited:
the difference is disney owns:

star wars
disneyland
downtown disney

nintendo is merely licensing its characters to universal, who owns citywalk.

I assume it’s as simple as Nintendo thinking the lease and location it was offered in SF was, for now, its most desirable option.

Reactions: IzzyB
I wonder if its planned to open with the summer season

That plus Death Eaters would be something at least to push more APs to come in

So on one hand, yay West Coast Nintendo store at last?

But on the other I can't help but feel like we've been monkey pawed since it's on the other side of the state. I just hope a Nintendo store at least somewhere in LA isn't far behind knowing that Japan has multiple. Though I don't know the gaps for the opening dates on those.

I'm so happy because this is 15 minutes away from me.

I think it's going to take up apart of Macy's space closing down in Union Square. Perfect tourist spot.

Ikea just moved into Downtown SF last August and it seems to be doing just fine. I think they picked SF for three reasons:

High tourism, cheaper rent than LA (MUCH cheaper), and spreads the "love" of Nintendo out (SoCal gets SNW, NorCal gets NS). If it takes up some of the Macy's space, this could be the biggest Nintendo store in the world by a long shot. :D

Last edited:
So I had a dream where Universal Hollywood was holding a Waluigi Festival as some after hours event in similar vein to the passholder takeovers and such. Ironic as it sounds, I only like saw the front of the park (so no SNW and my dream ended before I could even go inside) but they had it decked out and looking vibrant and purple, almost as if you took the aesthetic of the Waluigi Pinball track in Mario Kart and decked a park with it. It was a weird dream, but it looked like something on a similar caliber to special events hosted at the Disney parks (like Oogie Boogie bash, kinda). Especially since they had some photo ops even around the gate.

I doubt we'd actually see something like this, but as it randomly just happened in my mind, one can dream. XD

So I had a dream where Universal Hollywood was holding a Waluigi Festival as some after hours event in similar vein to the passholder takeovers and such. Ironic as it sounds, I only like saw the front of the park (so no SNW and my dream ended before I could even go inside) but they had it decked out and looking vibrant and purple, almost as if you took the aesthetic of the Waluigi Pinball track in Mario Kart and decked a park with it. It was a weird dream, but it looked like something on a similar caliber to special events hosted at the Disney parks (like Oogie Boogie bash, kinda). Especially since they had some photo ops even around the gate.

I doubt we'd actually see something like this, but as it randomly just happened in my mind, one can dream. XD
This better happen. GIVE US WALUIGI YOU COWARDS.

• Haha
It's so interesting how Nintendo and Universal is basically completely abandoning Wario & Waluigi for this project(s). Something tells me their crude nature dissuaded Nintendo from using them in the parks. From a marketing standpoint, they don't "fit".

It's so interesting how Nintendo and Universal is basically completely abandoning Wario & Waluigi for this project(s). Something tells me their crude nature dissuaded Nintendo from using them in the parks. From a marketing standpoint, they don't "fit".
You nailed it. Miyamoto hates the idea of Waluigi representation outside the sport spinoffs as it stands. The Warioland/ Ware games arent even made in house.

Reactions: Clive
Wario Land and WarioWare were made by R&D1, the team inside Nintendo not only responsible for making Wario but also Princess Daisy who's represented in the land. (Albeit minimally) I don't think it's anything to do with who created the character but probably just a creative/branding choice on Nintendo's side if they do think the Wario character is a bit too crude for bringing non-fans into the Mario series. (Which would be silly, Wario is already an iconic character, what with people doing fan casting for who could play him in the movies)

Waluigi on the other hand was created outside of Nintendo, by a studio (Camelot) responsible for developing the Mario Tennis and Golf games. Nintendo has always been weird about that character in particular so he's been confined to spinoffs usually.

Personally I think Wario deserves something in the theme park even if its just a cameo since he's such an important part of Nintendo's gaming history. Waluigi has his fans... but I'm not one of them. :nervous:

You nailed it. Miyamoto hates the idea of Waluigi representation outside the sport spinoffs as it stands. The Warioland/ Ware games arent even made in house.
I don't think there's any evidence to really support this. The mainline Mario games have always focused on a smaller pool of character compared to the spin-offs, with Daisy only recently making her first appearance of substance in one (she had very little to do in Mario Land). Miyamoto has been primarily serving as a producer in recent years, and hasn't had major creative involvement in a game in well over a decade.

While it would be cool to see Wario and Waluigi in a more recent mainline Mario titles, I do understand they don't really fit the "vibe" of those games. Neither of them are heroes, and they don't really have a reason to be working with the rest of the Mario cast. I think simply making another Wario Land game is a better option.

As for Super Nintendo World, I can't really think of way they really could've been incorporated with the way the land was designed. They probably could've been in the Mario Kart ride, but I can't really think of anything else that is meaningful.

I don't think there's any evidence to really support this. The mainline Mario games have always focused on a smaller pool of character compared to the spin-offs, with Daisy only recently making her first appearance of substance in one (she had very little to do in Mario Land). Miyamoto has been primarily serving as a producer in recent years, and hasn't had major creative involvement in a game in well over a decade.

There are several Famitsu columns and Nintendo Power magazine interviews where Miyamoto thinks he's a fun, silly character, but serves no purpose to the mainline games outside of Waluigi's Tennis/ spinoff appearances. Perhaps my use of hate was exaggerated, but it seems that he is not a fan nor thinks that Waluigi has any place as a mainline character which I'm sure has been respected throughout the years as Miyamoto has taken a step back.

Reactions: Nico