Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 313 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
LA GP and tourists in general are also just so…. Forgive me, dumb, when it comes to the land. They have no respect, are careless, and complain about everything in the land. My first review of the land was about how its age was already starting to show.

Is there a reason the infrastructure between Hollywood’s and Japan’s is so cheap?

The Japan version’s build quality is A LOT better. Even stuff like the ? blocks feel and work a lot better. I get the size constraints of this one not allowing as much stuff (which is fine) but at the very least they could’ve matched build quality.

I went on Mario Kart twice around park close last weekend, once in single rider and once in standby. Gotta be honest... I absolutely love this ride. It fills you with a big nostalgic rush and made me feel like I was 8 years old playing the game. The sets look amazing and distinct even with AR goggles. I knew I wouldn't fully understand the gameplay on my first ride, but similar to Villain Con, re-riding it helps significantly.

As for the land itself, it's similarly awe inspiring and wondrous. I didn't spend much time in the land because I wanted to go on other rides while I had a few hours in the park, but the interactive games and elements I experienced were all fun.

I went on Mario Kart twice around park close last weekend, once in single rider and once in standby. Gotta be honest... I absolutely love this ride. It fills you with a big nostalgic rush and made me feel like I was 8 years old playing the game. The sets look amazing and distinct even with AR goggles. I knew I wouldn't fully understand the gameplay on my first ride, but similar to Villain Con, re-riding it helps significantly.

As for the land itself, it's similarly awe inspiring and wondrous. I didn't spend much time in the land because I wanted to go on other rides while I had a few hours in the park, but the interactive games and elements I experienced were all fun.
Glad you were able to enjoy it!! Curious to know your thoughts on the USH-exclusive rides (Mummy, Tour, JW, SLoP) if you were able to go on them.

Glad you were able to enjoy it!! Curious to know your thoughts on the USH-exclusive rides (Mummy, Tour, JW, SLoP) if you were able to go on them.
This wasn't my first time at USH as I went last summer with a proper full day, but I got to go on the Studio Tour (at night with Nope lit up!), Mummy, and Forbidden Journey in the few hours I had. If it wasn't chilly I would've done JW (I'm in the camp that thinks it's better than River Adventure). Pets didn't have any virtual line times available by the time I got to the park.

How long were the lines for MK? I went to LA this past June and if memory serves correctly the wait time was 140-160 minutes and single rider was unavailable.

How long were the lines for MK? I went to LA this past June and if memory serves correctly the wait time was 140-160 minutes and single rider was unavailable.
its 30 mins right now, lol

It will be much Busier when school is out in a week but yeah......if you want to see SNW go next month during a school day the park should be deaddddddddd

It looks like the SNW hype is.....not dying down but it's not drawing people EVERY day like it it was until end of summer.

So I'm excited to go on the off season next year and enjoy a more...emptier park

Reactions: BriefCasey
Makes sense while weekends right now are packed the weekdays are normal/slow

So for sure next year before spring break will be the best time to work on the land

They wont.....but MK should go down for a week as well but they wont do it....but I think pretty much every ride in the park needs to go down early next year for some love with how many people are going on the rides and the longer hours then normal

When I got there around 4:30PM, the line was posted at 80 minutes but going into the overflow queue with single rider backed up outside. Neither line was moving due to a delay, so I bailed. Around 7:30, standby dropped to 60 minutes starting right at Bowser's Castle while single rider started inside for a roughly 20-25 minute wait.

Me hears that USH is planning to address some of the cosmetic wear and tear/ issues the land has come February-ish. Supposedly they've been getting lots of complaints.
Wonder if that includes the Mario Kart ride vehicles (namely the steering wheels and the logos on them). Hope it's an easy fix.

Also I've been forgetting to share some small updates I've caught on my last visits there (thanks finals), and one of these should be good to know for Toadstool Cafe.

These were taken last month, but there's now exit signs in Toadstool. Definitely don't remember seeing them when the land first opened.
1702601899572.png1702601946510.png
This is the big one that I don't think has been documented yet, but when I went during the Holiday Pass Member event, it looks like they take modifications for the food now! No idea how long this has been the case but it's a welcome change.
1702601876722.png
1702602052665.png1702602112006.png
Really hoping this means I can now enjoy the Fire Flower Spaghetti without the spiciness.

Last edited:
The Spaghetti hasn't been spicy for quite some time now. When I went in September it was hardly noticeable, if even there at all.
Hmm, interesting. Then again I have a very low spice tolerance (for reference, can't even eat an entire bag of hot cheetos without downing something to curb the spicy), so I might just ask just to be safe.

At the park today and Toadstool reservations indeed opened the hour before opening. It seems like they remained open for at least half an hour. After checking when the park opened, they were booked.

I did notice they only went up to 1:45PM though, so I'm gonna try to see if the next rollout is at a specific hour. Thought I'd lay this out there for the record.

I was there last week for the first time and wow. I couldn't wait to get here and I totally get the hype. It was amazing to see a sneak peek from the top of the escalators and then once you get in there from the tunnel, it's just a jaw-dropping wow moment.

Except for the actual ride... it's not my fave. I was surprised I never even felt the fake simulation of speed like you do on some others. It was a much more typical Universal screen style ride and layout than I was expecting. The VR.. didn't care for it either.

But wow did they utilize the space. It's crazy how many new lands are opening with such a larger footprint but so little to do. Here you can literally be standing in one spot and be a stone's throw away from a game, a character meet-and-greet, a store, the restaurant, or another interactive element.

Of course, it could always use more attractions but at the very least, we had no problem spending a full 2+ hours in here playing, riding, eating, and shopping (and luckily not TOO much of that time spent in line but I could see how it could be even more). And that's just 1 land in a park full of things to do. USH is just on another level with this land and the rest of the park is in fantastic shape too.

I was also there last night, and was surprised that for a Saturday night in the holiday season, SNW wasn't actually super crowded. The lines for the games were pretty short, and there were reservations available at Toadstool at 6:30pm. MK was a 65 minute wait, but SR was about 10 minutes. The longest lines in there was for the character meets.

And when left the park at about 8:30, we saw the line for MK had gone down to about 30min. Mummy was longer at 40 min.

So the next rollout of reservations went up around 1PM and they're still up at the time of this message.

Though unfortunately, it turns out modifications are only available for the burgers right now. Decided to just get the kids meal spaghetti since I wasn't sure of taking a gamble without having something handy to deal with the spiciness even if it's supposedly been nerfed. I'll try the full dish again next time.

Last edited:
I’m trying to get into Nintendo Land as soon as possible without early entry. Should I plan to get to USH at early entry time? Will they hold us right by tunnel until the Park opens?