Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 287 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Food operations do really need to improve in Toadstool, ate there twice, once at 9:15 am waited 30 minutes to order and then 40 minutes for our food to come out, but we got a lot and it was slammed so it was expected. Went back at the end of the night because they had been out of desserts earlier so we only ordered the cupcake, tiramisu, and mushroom soup at 9 pm and walked out after 10 pm because it took 50 minutes for our food to come out. All of that should have been pre-made and grabbed off a shelf or scooped into a bowl. Love the land, TM's all are very friendly, but something is seriously wrong with ops and management there and it needs to improve.

I keep hearing reviews like this. It's supposed to be a "Quick Service." Something is seriously wrong here. And no, let's not blame the crowds when by design, this restaurant should be able to handle capacity which, the way the park and land is set up, is going to be every single day.

I keep hearing reviews like this. It's supposed to be a "Quick Service." Something is seriously wrong here. And no, let's not blame the crowds when by design, this restaurant should be able to handle capacity which, the way the park and land is set up, is going to be every single day.

I do agree here, something is up with the restaurant’s ops. Not talking about demand outstripping capacity and the resulting reservation crush - I’m talking the service once you’re inside.

Tried the bowser meatball challenge today and it’s like buffalo sauce spicy, so baby spice, but it tasted like a decent enough hot sauce and not like buffalo sauce. It’s a lot of meatball so bring a friend, I felt very full after. The meatball quality was better with this than the pasta if you’ve had that. The Bowser pastry just did the job, nothing rly crazy and it was very flaky if you like that. I liked it overall, it’s more exciting to get than other main menu items that aren’t the short rib and soup (those are better dishes overall).

And now we wait to see if this comes to Hollywood.

This may as well be our de-facto Wario Band for now if you flip it upside down

Only a matter of time before we get Metal Mario....and Luigi Mansion Bands.....yesss yes this is where the endless money from this IP will come from

Just wanted to give my thoughts after visiting for the first time this week. The weather forecast got worse and worse as we got closer to the day but we were able to get everything done before the downpours started.

This land is a dream come true for anybody who grew up with the Mario games, and as with any theme park land or attraction, no matter how many times you see it online, nothing compares to actually seeing it in person. The details, the music, the sound effects, all faithfully recreated.

We liked Toadstool Café. No issues at all with the service and reserving a time was quick and painless. Some food was better than others just like any other theme park restaurant, (fries were good, burgers weren't all that great) but nothing to complain about overall. We really wanted the ribs but they were out which was a *huge* disappointment LOL

Mario Kart is a pretty good attraction overall, but I was a bit underwhelmed by the AR. I really liked the queue and the physical sets, but me being a big fan of VR and AR, I was very much looking forward to how it translated when you're actually on the ride and how different it was from watching POVs online, and it turns out it wasn't that much different. The AR seemed a bit off and wasn't lining up correctly (and every time the vehicle vibrated it made it worse) so it was a little distracting. Plus with nothing covering your peripheral vision it's way too easy to break immersion. But part if it may be because I only rode once, and I keep hearing it gets better with re-rides (which sucks because i have no idea when i'll get to ride again). The idea itself was fantastic, I just think the technology itself isn't quite there yet as far as being able to do accurate augmented reality in a ride like this. Another issue I had were the pre-shows. Unlike most other ride pre-shows where there is a story or some event that leads to the ride, it felt like there was no point with these. They could've just played random clips from the old Mario Kart games on the screens and it would've been more enjoyable LOL

So I really have to talk about the Early Access tickets. It was the best $80 I've ever spent at a theme park and I can't think of any another upcharge that was more 'worth it' to me than this. We have 2 small kids and the amount of stress and frustration saved by doing this was unreal, especially considering how bad the weather ended up getting. The park opened at 9. We got to the gate at 720, to the escalators by 735, and were in the land right at 8. None of the games had any wait along with Mario/Luigi photo ops, and we were able to reserve a good time at Toadstool. The place was basically wide open. MK was a 30 minute wait due to everyone running there first. We were able to do everything in the land including Toadstool, and were done by 11. By then it started pouring rain and didn't stop. When we walked out, MK wait was at 200 minutes and the line to get into the land was all the way back to the escalators. Without early access, Its very likely we don't get to ride MK at all due to the extended downtime (see below), or eat at Toadstool..

Funny story: Mario Kart completely broke down *right* as we got back to the station and the entire ride was evac'd. Problem was we were in the last vehicle and it stopped about a foot from the loading station, and they refused to let us out for safety reasons. Because of this, they evac'd every RV in front of us so it was just me and my daughter sitting there for like 30 minutes before a technician had the bright idea to manually push us forward to let us out LOL I have no idea how long the ride stayed down, but somebody was looking out for us that day and made sure we were able to finish the ride LOL

Bottom line, Universal did an incredible job overall. Anybody who was ever a fan of Nintendo at *any* point in their lives needs to plan a visit. I'm pretty sure my wife and I had more fun than the kids LOL When the full version of this land opens in Orlando it's going to be absolutely insane.

Is it normal for tickets to the park to be completely sold out days in advance during spring break?

I'm not a regular visitor to Universal Hollywood by any means but I heard that park tickets are completely sold out for Friday through Sunday. I wonder whether that's a sign of the big demand SNW is pulling on attendance?

C39BC5DA-2FC4-4790-A788-09BB2203A48E.jpeg
Spring Break crowds. Will be this crazy until April 16th, when almost all schools are done with their week breaks. I took this screenshot on Wednesday and the 18th and 19th were already sold out. Seems they JUST changed the graphic too to where it doesn’t even say “sold out” anymore and the day is just blank, indicating it’s sold out. If you REALLY needed to visit then the move is to buy an Annual pass that isn’t blocked out on that day lol.

Is it normal for tickets to the park to be completely sold out days in advance during spring break?

I'm not a regular visitor to Universal Hollywood by any means but I heard that park tickets are completely sold out for Friday through Sunday. I wonder whether that's a sign of the big demand SNW is pulling on attendance?
It’s happened before but not like this

this is way more days that are full, which is both good and bad news

Reactions: Gartooth and Clive