Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

Ironically, every MK video has the USJ account commenting saying "Take this video down, this is the final warning or we will report to YouTube"...so they clearly don't want videos of MK on YouTube even with the comments being pretty positive thus far

BTW most of these POVs are without the AR which I believe takes the ride to a whole new level

I feel like the average opinion of MK is substantially more positive if you take the thread on Magic out of the equation.

There was some discussion around people's preferences about a "fast" ride or an "interactive" ride, and they expected more speed. BUT the caveat was that only 1-2 people on the thread actually rode it, whereas everyone else was judging off a YouTube video.
Well Brian, you know as well as I do that all rides translate perfectly to POV videos. :lol:

What would you say are the "goals" they set out to achieve?
MK: Super accessible interactive ride that captures the chaotic spirit of an iconic franchise, that anyone can ride.

RotR: Mindblowing and more thrilling dark ride that's snuggly in between Star Tours, Falcon, (step up from those thrill wise) and ToT (step down thrill wise) that captures the spirit of a knockoff of an iconic franchise, that isn't as worried about "everyone" being able to ride.

I've never seen the two in the same category anymore than I compare Spiderman and MIB

MK: Super accessible interactive ride that captures the chaotic spirit of an iconic franchise, that anyone can ride.

RotR: Mindblowing and more thrilling dark ride that's snuggly in between Star Tours, Falcon, (step up from those thrill wise) and ToT (step down thrill wise) that captures the spirit of a knockoff of an iconic franchise, that isn't as worried about "everyone" being able to ride.

I've never seen the two in the same category anymore than I compare Spiderman and MIB

I do hope EU provides a ride or two that go for "RotR" of course. But MK will be very good to have.

So, I feel like this needs clarification, but TPU (grain of salt) is hearing that with the Japan deal apparently expiring, Universal is going to replace Spider-Man, with Pokemon.

Figured with it being Nintendo-adjacent, it could go in here. But I wanted to post this, as it..kind of popped out of interest.

So, I feel like this needs clarification, but TPU (grain of salt) is hearing that with the Japan deal apparently expiring, Universal is going to replace Spider-Man, with Pokemon.

Figured with it being Nintendo-adjacent, it could go in here. But I wanted to post this, as it..kind of popped out of interest.

Since Comcast took over Universal Studios Japan back in 2017, it's very unlikely Spider-Man attraction will be replaced and is very popular with tourists to this day. Comcast giving up Spider-Man in Japan means Tokyo Disney is free to install any Spider-Man related attraction in its parks. No way Comcast would agree to give its nearby rival Disney parks any advantage.

Since Comcast took over Universal Studios Japan back in 2017, it's very unlikely Spider-Man attraction will be replaced and is very popular with tourists to this day. Comcast giving up Spider-Man in Japan means Tokyo Disney is free to install any Spider-Man related attraction in its parks. No way Comcast would agree to give its nearby rival Disney parks any advantage.

Could depend if the contract is more similar to Springfield for the case of Japan--if the contract in Spider-Man at USJ was made Post MCA. It's partly why I'm curious to know more on if they took account of foreign developement when it was made.

Could depend if the contract is more similar to Springfield for the case of Japan--if the contract in Spider-Man at USJ was made Post MCA. It's partly why I'm curious to know more on if they took account of foreign developement when it was made.

I don't recall any separate agreement between USJ and Marvel since the 1994 Marvel-Universal contract does mention the exclusive use of Marvel properties by Universal worldwide. Spider-Man is part of Marvel, which is covered by the 1994 Marvel-Universal contract. The article seems more like a rumor rather than the fact it's going to happen, and given the circumstances between Comcast and Marvel nowadays, it's unlikely that the Spider-Man attraction in USJ will be replaced.

Idk the contract stuff, but IF they were to replace Spidey it’d have to be with an IP or character just as recognizable, Pokemon and Pikachu fit that for sure. Also just looking at aerials there doesn’t seem to be many places this can go, and I’m sure USJ wants Pokemon.

From the contract:

the term of this agreement shall continue for so long as a THE MARVEL UNIVERSE shall remain open (and operated consistent with the standards of the next paragraph below) at any Universal Theme Park (allowing for temporary closures for force majeure events or refurbishment/maintenance provided they are being diligently pursued), except for termination for material breach (with written notice and a reasonable opportunity to cure).

BUTTT....

Within 2 years after opening of THE MARVEL UNIVERSE in Orlando, MCA may retain its worldwide exclusivity for up to 5 additional years by designating another location where it intends to develop THE MARVEL UNIVERSE as part of a theme park, and by paying an option fee of $*** per year.

So it's possible.

OLC already turned down SW and other Marvel attractions when asked.

From the contract:

the term of this agreement shall continue for so long as a THE MARVEL UNIVERSE shall remain open (and operated consistent with the standards of the next paragraph below) at any Universal Theme Park (allowing for temporary closures for force majeure events or refurbishment/maintenance provided they are being diligently pursued), except for termination for material breach (with written notice and a reasonable opportunity to cure).

BUTTT....

Within 2 years after opening of THE MARVEL UNIVERSE in Orlando, MCA may retain its worldwide exclusivity for up to 5 additional years by designating another location where it intends to develop THE MARVEL UNIVERSE as part of a theme park, and by paying an option fee of $*** per year.

So it's possible.
Hm interesting.

I kinda hate how much they force all parks to be the same....like just do what works in each park.

If you can kinda double up rides sure...but sometimes it doesn't work. It will still be cheaper if you do a similar ride and dont match everything one to one.

From the contract:

BUTTT....

So it's possible.

Interesting. I originally thought Comcast wouldn't allow this deal to expire, but I have to admit it might be possible. Still, I'm sure Comcast would find a way to keep the Amazin Spider-Man ride in Japan intact.