Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 89 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So looking at the visors and vehicles I think what happens is the Mario cap like visors are "dumb", as in they're just plastic. The actual AR hardware is on the ride vehicles. Once guests board they will pull up and attach the projectors for the AR experience onto the visor. See attached image for what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 12.28.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-30 at 12.28.46 PM.png
    887.4 KB · Views: 114
Yea, the ride kind of doesn't work without it.

Not to mention Japan actually has things under control

Only in comparison to the US which is a low bar to clear, they're still looking like an exponential curve.

I think they'll have the AR running because it's integral to the ride but they'll limit the other interactive features in the land in an attempt to get people to spread out and encourage more physical distancing.

Where do you think this ride will rank in all time best Universal rides?
I have no clue. If everything works as it’s meant to I don’t see how it doesn’t end up as number one. It’s far and away the most ambitious thing they’ve built. I’m just worried that the AR component won’t translate like they hope. We’ll see.

So looking at the visors and vehicles I think what happens is the Mario cap like visors are "dumb", as in they're just plastic. The actual AR hardware is on the ride vehicles. Once guests board they will pull up and attach the projectors for the AR experience onto the visor. See attached image for what I'm talking about.
Better than the original plans 3 years ago, which would’ve put the AR’s battery and computer in a harness you wear like a vest lol.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
This looks great, and the best thing (I think) is it will open soon enough to still make revisions before any construction work happens here in Orlando. The comments about the land being so small (we knew it would be) lead me to think the may "expand" things a little with the Orlando version to fix issues that may arise. Even Hollywood may benefit from Creative working the kinks out before it opens. I'm sure the same thing happened with lessons learned from the original Potter being applied to Hollywood, Osaka, and Beijing.

This looks great, and the best thing (I think) is it will open soon enough to still make revisions before any construction work happens here in Orlando. The comments about the land being so small (we knew it would be) lead me to think the may "expand" things a little with the Orlando version to fix issues that may arise. Even Hollywood may benefit from Creative working the kinks out before it opens. I'm sure the same thing happened with lessons learned from the original Potter being applied to Hollywood, Osaka, and Beijing.
This is suuuchhhh a good point. Look at Hogsmeade in Japan and Beijing.

I’m just so impressed and happy though, the kid inside me is just dying this was around when I was younger. Glad it’s here now though!

The concept art of the power band boss battle is dope too. Guess they did mention that I missed it earlier. $30 for all the experiences is fine by me.

I know it's early but does anyone have any idea about how opening logistics are gonna work? Is the land gonna be reservation based (I'm assuming yes?)

I live in Japan and want to go to this ASAP as soon as it opens but I'm worried it's gonna be nigh impossible for a while to get in. Especially since as far as I know the only place to buy USJ tickets right now is the park entrance.

You can buy tickets at Lawson's stores and on the USJ website.

Also, I still can't wrap my head around how this "boss battle" will work

Boss battle will work similiar to USJ Dragon Quest the Real which was a multi player interactive play event with a boss battle.