Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

Tbf, as annoying as it is to hear virtually every media outlet on the interwebs call this a "theme park", I can understand why they would call it that. Their audience aren't park enthusiasts who frequent the boards everyday for updates and rumors, so they kinda have to lay it out in layman's terms. Still, it would be very nice if they called it for what it actually is: a land inside of an actual theme park.

When it comes to theme parks, everyone's IQ apparently drops 60 points. Anything that goes more than 10 mph is a roller coaster. Anything that goes more than 12 mph and has seatbelts is a scary roller coaster with loop-de-loops. Any park that has more than six roller coasters is a Six Flags park. Any coaster that has inversions will always have some outrageous backstory of 20 people dying from falling out of the car, the train going off the rails, or some kid choking on his chewing gum causing his head to explode like that scene from Scanners.

Everything is a roller coaster in everyone's eyes. Even the Haunted Mansion. That's a slow roller coaster.

I was shocked when Hogsmeade opened waaaay back in the day (a decade ago, my god) that there weren't a lot of people complaining that it wasn't a full theme park, since that was the first time a single themed land had been called a "theme park" by the GP.

(Actually, this article was a thing. Try not to facepalm.)

Two things to point out regarding MK:

1) I notice the safety warning for the ride says "rotating" and not "spinning". I really hope that it will be as intense as MIB because the word "rotation" infers a soft turning. The ride needs to "spin" to sell the thrill.

2) I've noticed little openings on the "steering wheels" on each side of the illuminating "M" that look like speakers. Could those be valves for "4D effects?" (i.e. air blast, water spray, scent)
Freeze Ray sliders also says “rotation, and that’s a spinner ride.

that being said, I don’t think anyone should be holding their breath on the thrill level for any Nintendo ride

Freeze Ray sliders also says “rotation, and that’s a spinner ride.

that being said, I don’t think anyone should be holding their breath on the thrill level for any Nintendo ride
I think there’s going to be literally so much going on around you and with the race itself that any sort of movement you don’t expect is gonna at least make you go “woah” because you’re so distracted and that’s about my expectation for thrill level lol

I was trying to explain to my cousin on Thanksgiving some of the theme parks because she wasn’t familiar but she’s like “Oh they look cool and sound nice but I hate roller coasters” and I’m of course like oh well Disney doesn’t have many of them at all and Universal has a few more but it’s not everything and she goes “Well that’s flat out false” and I’m like.... Oh? It is?

So you’re wrong, everything is a rollercoaster.
I used to get mad at misinformed guests and correct them in line

Then I realized, they're probably on vacation and trying to enjoy themselves

I think I mostly hate it because everytime Universal does something great from now on DisTwitter will be like "yeah, but F&F"

I hate that for us

Once again, though, treating this as a sports rivalry is truly ridiculous.

Sooooo, SNW...it does look extremely compact, especially with only one way in and out. Interestingly, Wizarding World is the same way in Japan.

What if Mario Kart is just a reskinned F&F. Same dialogue and all, but just replace the characters and whenever their name is mentioned, I'd pay some money to ride that.

Once again, though, treating this as a sports rivalry is truly ridiculous.

Sooooo, SNW...it does look extremely compact, especially with only one way in and out. Interestingly, Wizarding World is the same way in Japan.
For real, Universal is clearly better

I'm not worried about the compactness as the land is spread out over two floors and with DK eventually it shouldn't be any worse than the shops in Hogsmede haha

What if Mario Kart is just a reskinned F&F. Same dialogue and all, but just replace the characters and whenever their name is mentioned, I'd pay some money to ride that.
I’m hoping they re-use this ride system in some format, that being said having never ridden it lol but from what’s been described it seems versatile

I was just stopping in to make fun of all the sites calling the new ride a "roller coaster". Seems you all beat me to it. LOL.