Super Nintendo World - Reviews, Photos, & Video (Spoilers) | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Reviews, Photos, & Video (Spoilers)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Disneyland based vlogger Fresh Baked gives SNW a big thumbs up:

I loved it when Fresh Baked said “they’re not prepared for the kind of demand they’re going to have. They can’t meet the demand. They could double or triple the size of this place and it still wouldn’t meet demand.”

Considering the recent discussion about the crowd situation, I couldn’t help but laugh when I heard that.

I mean its kinda true, if you built a 100% percent Nintendo theme park I doubt the first year it would be easy to get into on weekends

Went today, I dont mind the new grass hedges not saying they can't be better but dont hate them and can be changed if need be

The cart doesn't bug me...but its hilarious out of place...lol I do hope its a Captain Toad stand when they finally do theme it (love Yoshi but he has an AA and Q theming...give Captain toad something. Call it "Captain Toad's: Treasures and Treats"...I mean it use it Universal its all yours rather it be used then something generic)

So some nitpicks.....

1) I'm very much done with the training Video's in the Q's....single ride lets you skip them and gets you on the ride in a snap because of that
2) I really hope CM talk more to guests, I've seen sooooo many kids lose the games because they just let them go with no real instructions and i asked if they could not give advice and said they could...so not sure whats going on. Game CM's I think need more energy and helpful info to make the land work better
3) This one is.....dumb but its a small detail. CM's clapping when are are loading into the station is fine but maybe be cute with it and clap to a Rhythm from Zelda, Yoshi, Mario, super smash games...etc. I think you will have guests smiling ore and clapping along vs now people just get off. I know this is a super nit picky thing but just passing on a fun idea to make it more fun for everyone
4) Merch is great for certain things like I love the 5 dollar bags......but I get complement's and questions about where I get my Nintendo stuff and it was half the price at Walmart...years ago. So please hire some cool artist to make more...unique items. Or....hire me I can definitely help in showing you what clothing I wear gets the most attention in parks

As a Sith Lord once said....please use my knowledge I beg of you.

Last edited:
Went today for a bit -- the park was dead. CityWalk was empty. The weather was great. Perfect day.

This was my second time going, but I have a few things to say:
  • First off, I love the Single Rider line for MK; the way it's tucked off to the right when you walk in makes it feel like a hidden gem, and I walked right through it and onto the ride with not a single other person in front of or behind me. Because it was so quick, I did it again and... again, it was like no one else even realized Single Rider exists (for now). As much as I like the queue, I'm glad SR is there, because I'm not sure I'd ever want to wait an hour-plus for MK down the line, and I really liked the view of the land just after you pass by Bowser's Castle's entrance near when you return back inside.
  • As for the ride, I was able to appreciate more of the physical stuff this time, focusing less on the AR. The ride stopped twice during my first ride-through, and I could hear the couple behind me talking about how they didn't understand what they were supposed to be doing while we were sitting there. On my second ride through, the ride never stopped, but when we were waiting to unload, the guy behind me said, "Well, that was boring," and his partner agreed and was lamenting how slow the experience was. After all the conversations we've all had here, overhearing both conversations was interesting, both confusion in the first instance and disappointment in the second. Figured I'd note it.
  • I will say, too, I feel like now that I've seen the land twice, it's pretty obvious that if you're not getting a band and doing the interactive stuff, there's not a whole lot worth sticking around for. I'm not getting a band, personally, so I know I'm an outlier, but this is definitely a land that will benefit from going with a group that does. Same with the ride. The very first time I rode it on first day of tech rehearsals, it was fun because the person who sat next to me was super into it through the whole thing -- both rides today, I was seated by myself (since there were no other single riders) and it felt... off. This is definitely an experience that thrives off being able to laugh, etc., with the people you're with while doing it; if you're not, then all there is to do is hear strangers say they're confused or bored (which is valid). Expand that out to the land, and as interactive as it is, it's also clearly supposed to be a heavily social experience in a way, say, Wizarding World doesn't have to be. As I've come now twice on weekdays when everyone I know is working/busy, I'll be curious to see how it changes when I finally am able to go with friends, but for now, I feel like I've "done it" and am not in a big rush to get back anytime soon.
  • Lastly, I strolled up to see the infamous (iconic?) "Out of Order" paper sign in the AR goggles, and it seems like it's already been removed... I was disappointed, because I was eager to see it in person, haha. Absolutely no one was up there, though, so it was cool to just look down on the land for a bit in peace and quiet, but I feel like that space could easily be livened up. In fact, even when I came back down the stairs, several people asked me if they were allowed to go up there because even with the single arrow on the wall pointing up, there's not really any indication that, yes, guests are meant to.
  • Also, Mario raining singles while Princess Peach twerked against one of the mushrooms was really weird.

Obviously you do you but if you like games and have an AO get a band
40 bucks is a lot but if you go every other month then over the course of a year it’s less then 10 bucks a visit just in the first year and over the years will become maybe a buck a visit over the next 5-10 years

Opening celebrations have become so lackluster. I wish they'd do more bombastic ones again, like they did with Transformers at Orlando & Hollywood. Now, that's what I call
a grand opening!

Opening celebrations have become so lackluster. I wish they'd do more bombastic ones again, like they did with Transformers at Orlando & Hollywood. Now, that's what I call
a grand opening!

That's tomorrow Mad Dog. ;)

Anyway, in all fairness here is Tom Bricker's review of Toadstool and it's Not Great Bob.

Reactions: Mad Dog
That's tomorrow Mad Dog. ;)

Anyway, in all fairness here is Tom Bricker's review of Toadstool and it's Not Great Bob.

Ahhh. Hope it's fun and on the level of Transformers. Loved that opening.

Super Nintendo World is a video game lover's dream come to life, nearly achieving perfection. Yes, there are a few issues; but nothing that overshadows the accomplishments that Universal and Nintendo achieve - especially when it comes to the interactive elements.

In short, Super Nintendo World is a giant win for Universal Studios Hollywood.