T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Does the motion theater concept make you wear glasses?
I'm not terribly knowledgable about the motion theater concept, but I'm almost positive that the theater itself doesn't force glasses. If Universal chooses to play 3D video on the screen, that will force you to wear glasses.

This isn't a great argument to make. That Coca-Cola freestyle location near MiB took forever to be built, and I assure you the budget was not large for that project.
Not only total budget, but cash available. Smaller projects still take a while because the resort only has so much money on hand at one time to allocate to various projects. Different projects invest different amounts of money per time period.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
OOPSIE! The site where I read the PR didn't specifically say "live-action" so I assumed that little bit was left out on purpose.

That said, I'm still going with DreamWorks Animation over anything else thrown out there. This isn't a huge building. The whole thing is just a bit larger than the Fear Factor theater, but this one also has the pre-show space, which takes up a good chunk of real estate, and it has a bunch of gift shops and facades out front. The actual theater, where the 3-D happens, is actually much smaller than the entire Shrek building. They aren't going to mount some major spectacle here. The only thing mentioned about the DWA theater in USH is that it will "show shorts" or something like that. That is nonsense. It's either going to have rotating 3-D movies or the shorts will be the pre-show for a live show. This theater works perfectly for that type of attraction, and it still helps with the whole Shrek/Minions problem.

There is another possibility, though. With Nintendo on the way, this could simply become the new home for the animal show. That would better explain the year-and-a-half it's going to take to do a basic remodel. That's fairly slow for Universal, especially for a character show, but with the animals new homes would have to be built and the stage would probably be more elaborate than what is required for a character show. Plus, the Hollywood theme better fits the animal "Actors" motif. I've said long ago that this show could easily move to the IOA theater, which needs another show way more than USF does. Then again, they could simply end that show, though it's such an inexpensive people-eater, I have a hard time believing they'd do that. Still, the animal theater is much larger than this one. If that show regularly fills up in busy periods, I would have to question it moving here.

Anything bigger than either of these shows? No. Nintendo is a huge investment and they aren't going to create something on the scope of WaterWorld or Sindbad right before opening that.

This is my all time favorite attraction and im very sad to see it go. I hope it gets a definitive YouTube tribute in HD. I still love watching the last performance of Hollywood's show. This show is one of the greats!

There is another possibility, though. With Nintendo on the way, this could simply become the new home for the animal show. That would better explain the year-and-a-half it's going to take to do a basic remodel. That's fairly slow for Universal, especially for a character show, but with the animals new homes would have to be built and the stage would probably be more elaborate than what is required for a character show. Plus, the Hollywood theme better fits the animal "Actors" motif. I've said long ago that this show could easily move to the IOA theater, which needs another show way more than USF does. Then again, they could simply end that show, though it's such an inexpensive people-eater, I have a hard time believing they'd do that. Still, the animal theater is much larger than this one. If that show regularly fills up in busy periods, I would have to question it moving here..

Would a new version of the animal actors show really be considered "Live Action"? I think its going to be a lot more than just a traditional stage/animal show.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
If this is really going to become Jason Bourne I'm going to shake my head massively. A waste of space.

From the standpoint of it now being a dead franchise (courtesy of the last two movies being absolutely awful), I can see where you're coming from.

However, if it's a fun and exciting show, I'm fine with it being Bourne themed. Would I prefer 007? Of course, but there aren't many properties that Universal could use to create a thrilling live action show that could plausibly fit into T2's plot.

An infinitely bigger waste of space is opening up next year in San Francisco...

According to cinemablend.com they ended the franchise with Bourne Ultimatum for now with no hints of rebooting.

They actually had a spin-off called "The Bourne Legacy" and eventually, Greengrass and Damon reunited for last years "Jason Bourne". But the film tanked, causing the franchise to be uncertain.

Keep in mind though, Waterworld bombed in the Box Office and it's one of the best attractions in theme park history.

They actually had a spin-off called "The Bourne Legacy" and eventually, Greengrass and Damon reunited for last years "Jason Bourne". But the film tanked, causing the franchise to be uncertain.

Keep in mind though, Waterworld bombed in the Box Office and it's one of the best attractions in theme park history.
Oh i forgot that actually happened