Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Terminator 2:3D

@Chris, I think it's legit, I have found pictures of Florida, Hollywood and Japan busts.

I have another questions for the folks on this forum. It's a tough one, perhaps a die-hards only question. Who is up to the challenge? :)

I've been comparing the queue videos from Florida, Hollywood and Japan. And it's giving me a headache.

I can only come to 2 possibilities, how shall I say it. Either the one at Hollywood has been slimmed down, or these video loops are longer then 25 minutes and consists of 2 parts tha tlook the same but have subtle differences.

I've been comparing them side to side, and I'm seeing more stuff in the Florida video then the ones in Hollywood and Japan.

In the footage of Hollywood (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPt84yTZw24) it plays a samba at 2:41 while the other venues have Bad To The Bone at this point, I'm missing SPOT (Synthetic Pet Of Tomorrow).

But SPOT is present at the old recording: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaOQknSUDTM   see 3:40.

When I look at the order, the videos have most things in the same order, but TAZER in Hollywood appears at a completely different position in the loop then in the other venues:

USF Bad to the bone, TAZER, bamba        ...other stuff going on...   CIN online/teamwork, cyberdyne logo

USH Bad to the bone, no TAZER, ?            ...other stuff going on...  CIN online/teamwork, TAZER, bamba

USJ Bad to the bone, TAZER, bamba         ...other stuff going on...  CIN online/teamwork, cyberdyne logo

Possibility 1

The queue video for Hollywood has indeed been slimmed down, and some scenes happen in a different order. Florida has the most scenes (a.k.a. is more complete).

Possiblity 2

Everything venue has the same video in which everything happens. However it's not a loop of about 25 minutes but more a loop of an hour in which 2 "almost the same but still subtle differences" parts play. The video uploaded in the link for Hollywood just happens to have part 1 of the big loop and my own videos of Florida and Japan just happen to have the second part 2 of the big loop.

And here's another bit of T23D queue video information:

- The "new" widescreen video in Florida has some small extra warnings for guests in the video that the original fullscreen version didn't have.

- The videos of the queue are gone in Florida and Japan and replaced by small Cyberdyne logo's (Florida) or a blue screen with security warning (Japan).

Last edited by a moderator:
When I heard T2 was rumored to be removed for a new ride, I was happy. Why? We were getting a new ride. When I found out that its removal was confirmed and that Despicable Me was going to replace it I was excited, especially since I heard good things about Minion Mayhem. When Minion Mayhem finally opened it looked amazing through pictures, and I couldn't wait to ride it. When I finally rode it, I was disappointed. Minion Mayhem wasn't a bad ride, it has great theming, but it was mediocre when compared to T2. I have a feeling Minion Mayhem is going to end up like Shrek 4D in the future. The average visitor would love it, but fans would begin to see it as an outdated attraction.

Anyways, I miss T2. It was a unique stunt show for a unique park.

R.I.P. 1999-2012  :(

T23D was pure Hollywood. It was exciting. The live actors were amazing, as was the interaction. The mix of physical effects, animatronics, and an exciting fast paced 3D film was perfect. It honestly was the perfect theme park show, blurring the line between show and attraction.

I'm with Bonkers. Despicable Me is an amazing franchise and the themeing is amazing. But the actual attraction was dated the day it opened. I still enjoy it, but it's comparison to being like Shrek in a few years seems very accurate. The overall experience was a step back from T23D, even though themeing improved.

Having seen T2:3D two weeks ago, I enjoyed seeing it again although Florida's version makes the attraction scream to be removed.  Hollywood took much better care of T2 and the show could have lasted here longer, but I feel that guests interest fell many years ago.

I am glad the ugly T2 facade is gone, but I am not happy with what it was replaced with.  DM looks great on the outside, but inside it was nothing new.  Just $$$.

That final performance was crazy! So glad to have been there for it.

T2 was dated, but like Jaws at USF it was an unfortunate loss since it still grabbed and wowed crowds like no other. But you all have to admit it was a brilliant business decision by Universal/Comcast.

Minions are bringing in more moolah than T2 ever could. Sorry to say that, but it is quite evident that there's rarely a day where SSFL isn't gridlocked. It was time for the show to go, and it certainly went out with a bang.

See, my issue with Minion Mayhem is that the actual ride is lackluster. This is the one case where I wish Universal took their time with creating a new ride and didn't just clone something over. The franchise is hot, it sells like crazy, two more movies coming out, etc.

The actual land is fantastic. Love the facades and SSFL. Huge improvements over T23D. My issue is that Minion Mayhem is a pretty dated ride from the beginning. Nothing extraordinary, which is unfortunate because Universal can create extraordinary!

For me, unless I'm in one of the prime ride vehicles, I have a crappy experience.

But that's spilled milk. My biggest hope is that they eventually upgrade it to have a more randomized experience like Star Tours and to occasionally have overlays. I'd love to see the ride stay fresh.

See, my issue with Minion Mayhem is that the actual ride is lackluster. This is the one case where I wish Universal took their time with creating a new ride and didn't just clone something over. The franchise is hot, it sells like crazy, two more movies coming out, etc.

The actual land is fantastic. Love the facades and SSFL. Huge improvements over T23D. My issue is that Minion Mayhem is a pretty dated ride from the beginning. Nothing extraordinary, which is unfortunate because Universal can create extraordinary!

For me, unless I'm in one of the prime ride vehicles, I have a crappy experience.

But that's spilled milk. My biggest hope is that they eventually upgrade it to have a more randomized experience like Star Tours and to occasionally have overlays. I'd love to see the ride stay fresh.
When I first rode DM, luckily I was in the middle car in the front. It was amazing. Sitting in the car far right or left is absolutely horrible. You can clearly see the sides of the screen. You can tell that they rushed that part. What I want to see them do is make the screen large enough so it encompasses the entire audience  180 degrees. Screens on the side of the auditorium would help as well. 

I was gonna say the same thing about the randomized experience. I think Universal will take the route of Star Tours and create different scenarios. It shouldn't be that hard to program. 

With the great history in screen size and technology and progress at Universal, I'm honestly surprised how small the screen is. If they took a page out of King Kong 360-3D's book, or Gringotts or Transformers, or even T23D, it would've been better the ride needs a screen that's taller and wider that would offer a more wrap around experience.

That itself is a step back from T23D. The way the finale used 3 screens was incredible.

With the great history in screen size and technology and progress at Universal, I'm honestly surprised how small the screen is. If they took a page out of King Kong 360-3D's book, or Gringotts or Transformers, or even T23D, it would've been better the ride needs a screen that's taller and wider that would offer a more wrap around experience.

That itself is a step back from T23D. The way the finale used 3 screens was incredible.
Correct me if Im wrong but was the theater in T2:3D bigger? It seems like the room for DM shrunk! I'd like to bring back the 3 screens too! Quite a downgrade. 

The theater in T2:3D was twice the size of the ones used in Minion Mayhem, because they pretty much cut the room into two to implement two theaters to become a better crowd-eater.

That's because those are dome omnimax screens, it doesn't work on them, too curved. You can have a very wide screen and still have it be 3D, just use multiple projects to stitch together the image. Look at Gringotts and its finale, same concept. They could have figured it out, and done it similar to T23D at least.

Bottom line is...it's not very immersive IMO.