Test Track 2.0 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Test Track 2.0

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I never really got to see the Test Track que since I only used the Single rider line. Being a gear head it seemed really intersting to me though as I was passing it by.

Good news is our trip got bumped up to February from April so it looks like I will get to experiance the original Test Track one more time.

SSE just got a major refubishment, it doesn't need a new one again.

Personally I think Soarin needs a new video and 3rd screen. Imagination needs well, something imaginative, WoL needs to be razed, and UoE is looong, but still cute for what it is and very nostalgic, something needs to go into the Odyssey restaurant space, and a ride in the show building in Germany and in Japan.

My theory for the future of Epcot:

1. The whole future of Futre World hinges on Test Track. We all better be prayinggggg this is a wild success. A better FW needs sponsors, plain and simple. The decline of the area can be linked to the loss of sponsorships (or failure *cough* HP *cough*). Everybody knows Disney is a lot less stingy with other people's money.
2. Assuming this is a success, I see UOE getting the same treatment first. Energy is a very hot topic in today's world, and Disney just needs to find a the right partner for this pavilion.
3. I hope Siemens gets jealous with the other updates. Because the new computer scenes were great for SEE. The new narration and horrible descent killed the greatness of the ride IMO. If everything is a success up to this point, I look for Siemens to want more.
4. The Imagination pavilion is tricky pavilion to find a sponsor for, so I see this one taking the longest. But given the focus Disney has put on eliminating waiting in line, I see the pavilion becoming a single experience. You would enter in the theater, then move onto the pyramids for the rest of the attraction.
5. I see Brazil being the next country added. Probably as the next big thing after Avatar opens. It just seems like the most popular option.

As far as anything else, I see Disney being content with WOL as an event house for the foreseeable future. And maybe after the new DCA dies down, both Soarins will receive updates. I always wanted Apple to take over as sponsor of Innoventions, but I think that idea left with Jobs.

Last edited:
If Test Track is indeed going down for a major redo/retheme (and it seems pretty positive that it will) then why isn't Disney making a big announcement about it?

The only reason that I can think of is that GM doesn't want the press to pick up that it is spending money on a theme park ride so soon after being bailed out. Most Americans wouldn't have the foresight to understand that it is an important piece of advertising for the company 365 days a year.

Last edited:
They could replace the cars with the motorcycles and put cool lighting in the show building but thats what I think and a motocoaster would be awesome

Last edited:
So just so everyone is on the same page when the ride does go down it will be a refurbishment of the show scenes and ride system. We will also see updated vehicles and a new queue, preshow, and very immersive post show area.

So just so everyone is on the same page when the ride does go down it will be a refurbishment of the show scenes and ride system. We will also see updated vehicles and a new queue, preshow, and very immersive post show area.

Um, I missed something. I thought the rumor was that they were completely redoing the ride storyline... Has this been debunked? I don't investigate Disney as I find most of what they do a big yawn. If they pulled an Everest every 3 years... then they would have my attention.

Um, I missed something. I thought the rumor was that they were completely redoing the ride storyline... Has this been debunked? I don't investigate Disney as I find most of what they do a big yawn. If they pulled an Everest every 3 years... then they would have my attention.

Word is the only major changes are coming in the form of a new queue, preshow, and post show. All of which will be presented by Chevrolet. We should also expect new costumes and a lot of Chevy advertising every where. Look for TT to close after the Easter rush and reopen in September. The total overhaul looks to of been abandoned or embellished.. Sigh...

I know this doesn't prove anything but all the new cars have the Chevy emblem on them. Also there is a logo within the ride building that has the updated logo and it says presented by Chevrolet. Sorry Teebs, I mean I don't want it to be true but it looks more and more concrete.

[video=youtube;hrw7Q5vcf_E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrw7Q5vcf_E&feature=related[/video]

I know this doesn't prove anything but all the new cars have the Chevy emblem on them. Also there is a logo within the ride building that has the updated logo and it says presented by Chevrolet. Sorry Teebs, I mean I don't want it to be true but it looks more and more concrete.

Doesn't bother me at all... but this is starting to become legend with Disney Co. and WDW operations. Big rumors from within only to be whittled down to a toothpick. Go to DTD for lunch sometime and look for groups of good looking young ivy league looking guys in neckties and full of themselves. Corporate number crunchers and spreadsheet reviewers. Other than that, they don't know nothin 'cept football and other conquests.

Doesn't bother me at all... but this is starting to become legend with Disney Co. and WDW operations. Big rumors from within only to be whittled down to a toothpick. Go to DTD for lunch sometime and look for groups of good looking young ivy league looking guys in neckties and full of themselves. Corporate number crunchers and spreadsheet reviewers. Other than that, they don't know nothin 'cept football and other conquests.

Wait, Disney is doing Avatar?! When will it open? What's the budget? How big will it be? What attractions will it have? I'm so excited, link me in to the details!