Test Track 3.0 | Inside Universal Forums

Test Track 3.0

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 6, 2021
Massachusetts
Sounds like Disney is working on a "Test Track" 3.0, taking inspiration from World of Motion.

Test Track will be reimagined! Imagineers along with teams from Chevrolet are looking back to the original World of Motion for inspiration and bringing that spirit of optimism to the next iteration of the attraction! More to come in the future.
F5ltVDwbkAAWkbJ.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like Disney is working on a "Test Track" 3.0, taking inspiration from World of Motion.

F5ltVDwbkAAWkbJ.jpg
I think in the contract they have with GM, the ride has to be updated every 10-15 years. It's been 11 since Test Track 2.0 opened. This makes perfect sense to be happening a little over a decade later and it'll also help give Epcot something "new" in a relatively fast manner.

If we want to Look back at the timeline that the change from Test Track to 2.0 was done in, it closed in April 2012 and was open December 4, 2012.

With Tron looking like Tron there's no reason for Test Track to look like Tron anymore...
Yup. This should really all be small cosmetic/scenic changes (much like the last change), likely giving the cars a new wrap, changing up the queue a bit maybe and the story for the ride, but that's really it. That's why it was such a quick changeover (8 months) in 2012 and why I think it could be similarly fast this time.

My hunch is that you’ll see a greater emphasis on electric vehicles. Of course, expecting General Motors to operate in a way that is logical or strategic is asking a lot.

Oh my god, yesssssssss. I am the world's #1 Test Track 2.0 hater and proud. It makes sense that that "update" took only a few months, cause all they did to the ride was rip out all of the props and interesting scenes and replace them with gamer room led lights and a Siri voice-over. What a horrid update to one of the best rides in the park circa the 2000s.

Hopefully this can bring back some of the fun the original had. On the scale of "Hot/Cold/Paint Room" to "Loooooong mirror!", I'm hoping for a lot more of the former haha.

Well then, this is actually welcome news!

As others have said, with Tron finally open, there's kinda' no point in TT looking like Tron anymore. And hopefully this new version will give the finale section a bit more of a punch, since for some reason the wall fake-out never really had the same holy crap moment that the original version did.

And another thing of note, this is an announcement that I know will happen in a timely manner. Because Cheverolet is behind it. That's pretty much the main reason the conversion to 2.0 happened in the first place -and- why it happened so quick, somebody else was funding and pushing it to make sure it's done.

Well then, this is actually welcome news!

As others have said, with Tron finally open, there's kinda' no point in TT looking like Tron anymore. And hopefully this new version will give the finale section a bit more of a punch, since for some reason the wall fake-out never really had the same holy crap moment that the original version did.

And another thing of note, this is an announcement that I know will happen in a timely manner. Because Cheverolet is behind it. That's pretty much the main reason the conversion to 2.0 happened in the first place -and- why it happened so quick, somebody else was funding and pushing it to make sure it's done.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's done before the end of next year tbh.

Reactions: Tobias
Hopefully the ride gets new restraints and better brakes too. The seat belts are super uncomfortable and the constant stop and go brakes at the end make them even more uncomfortable. Fix those and add new theming and I will finally enjoy the ride.

Unnecessary change to a ride when the nearby "Life Pavilion" sits there rotting away (seriously, Inside Out could be an updated Cranium Command). While there's small expansion plots in other countries for rides that were scrapped/shelved or await to be created by Imaginears!

If they want to revamp Test Track again, that's fine, but at least ADD another ride elsewhere for EPCOT

Unnecessary change to a ride when the nearby "Life Pavilion" sits there rotting away (seriously, Inside Out could be an updated Cranium Command). While there's small expansion plots in other countries for rides that were scrapped/shelved or await to be created by Imaginears!

If they want to revamp Test Track again, that's fine, but at least ADD another ride elsewhere for EPCOT

To be fair and frank, the reason why Test Track 3.0 is happening is the same reason why Test Track 2.0 happened, because Cheverolet wanted it and paid for it. It's one of the main attractions which still has a sponsor heavily invested with it as it's such a boon for them.

Everything else around Test Track, that's up to Disney.

To be fair and frank, the reason why Test Track 3.0 is happening is the same reason why Test Track 2.0 happened, because Cheverolet wanted it and paid for it.
Yes I know. I was around for both iterations.

My complaint still stands that Disney needs to do more in EPCOT. The Moana pathway of wetness doesn't cut it.

I honestly think EPCOT is doing okay at the moment. Test Track is one of the biggest holes for me personally alongside Imagination and Play Pavilion.

and frankly, I believe 2.0 is as bad of a makeover as Journey into YOUR Imagination was. It removed any and all humanity, fun, or humor from the original TT, all of the theming was stripped out, the main hook of the original thrill was lost ("You are the Crash Test Dummy"). Whatever they do with 3.0 can't possibly be worse than what they've already done.