Test Track 3.0 | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Test Track 3.0

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
$100 million for what I imagine to be mostly some pre-fab set pieces sounds generous. Unless I have this whole thing wrong...

$100 million for what I imagine to be mostly some pre-fab set pieces sounds generous. Unless I have this whole thing wrong...
Maybe it will be the most accurate simulacra of a winding mountain road man has ever created.

EDIT: I imagine the new story is that we're still on a "sim track", but instead of entering the Lawnmower Man rendition of the virtual world, we are entering the hi-tech, raytraced, physically based virtual word.

Last edited:
As stated above, Disney does bundle costs for projects. $100M could be spent in any way they feel like it. The overhang, ride upgrades, queue upgrades (I hope we get an actual pre-show again), and where I think a lot of money will be spent - work on the ride system and building maintenance (It's a 40+ year old building, there could be anything wrong with it). It's also possible the ride track needs significant work and if that's the case then that would definitely run up the budget.

Then there's probably also money for new post-ride activities and showroom along with concrete work, drainage work, roof work (I don't believe it has had substantial roof work done in 25 years), etc, etc. I think especially with how much materials cost as well they'll go through that money fairly easily.

Hard to tell if they've enclosed the speed section as rumored.
Funny, I thought the concept art showed it would not be enclosed. I agree with the below, you see the railings in the concept art, if enclosed you wouldn't see that.

If you look to the right of the new awning, It looks to me like it will not be enclosed, since you can still see the slanted track and it’s railing.

Also small detail I find slightly amusing after zooming in, is that everyone in the photo seems to be wearing a magic-band.

Reactions: tyro