The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion | Page 38 | Inside Universal Forums

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I figured. I am there Monday and Tuesday. Sorta holding out hope itll soft open on tues.
If I were there I would pass by a couple of times to see whats up and ask any TM's wearing those spiffy costumes what they think. Or maybe in Universal tradition boom it opens with the park.

It just hit me that the closure of T2 and GMR were within a few weeks of each other and it's very possible the opening of MMRR and Bourne both open within a few weeks of each other. Not often you see things work out like that.
303krn.jpg

Of course, so did Energy and Dragons--took one 18 months to get replaced, and the other four years. :lol:

• Haha
Reactions: tankart150
Getting it right sure. But it took 2.5 years to change out from one stunt show to a new one? No matter what, it shouldn't take that long for a stunt show.

Unless they’re taking their time to get it right. 2019 belonged to Hagrid and HHN could carry out the rest of the year. They knew they could afford to put if off one more year.

Getting it right sure. But it took 2.5 years to change out from one stunt show to a new one? No matter what, it shouldn't take that long for a stunt show.
Fleshing out the timeline is very different for Universal

I suppose the same could be said about the JP Coaster too

I'm think it's smart to open it now tbh

Unless they’re taking their time to get it right. 2019 belonged to Hagrid and HHN could carry out the rest of the year. They knew they could afford to put if off one more year.
Fleshing out the timeline is very different for Universal

I suppose the same could be said about the JP Coaster too

I'm think it's smart to open it now tbh
Oh I agree that with having Hagrid last year it made sense to open in 2020, just like it didn’t make sense to open MMRR in 2019 since they had SR and RotR already.

Both made sense in why they opened now, but did they *need* to take this long? No. Both could’ve been open sooner if they wanted.

Both made sense in why they opened now, but did they *need* to take this long? No. Both could’ve been open sooner if they wanted.
Well, we know MMRR could have been finished earlier. But we also understand that manpower shifted to Galaxy’s Edge. And we don’t actually know how extensive the build and rehearsing of Bourne was, or if it needed reworking. Maybe there was less of a delay than we think.

Well, we know MMRR could have been finished earlier. But we also understand that manpower shifted to Galaxy’s Edge. And we don’t actually know how extensive the build and rehearsing of Bourne was, or if it needed reworking. Maybe there was less of a delay than we think.
I've always speculated that after the failure of F&F that they reworked the Bourne story line concept so that it would not look much like F&F. Perhaps there were too many similarities to F&F in the early concepts of the Bourne show.

I'd imagine a good chance of that was rebuilding the stage (since it had hydrolic lifts in it), reconfiguring the backstage area and the projection room (s)

What do TMs have to do to participate in the TM Previews? Is there, like, an online sign up sheet, or something?

Active Team Members are invited to experience The Bourne Stuntacular for a Team Member Exclusive Preview – all you need is your UO ID!

Showtimes
  • Saturday, March 7 - 3:15pm • 4:45pm
  • Sunday, March 8 - 3:15pm • 4:45pm
  • Monday, March 9 - 3:15pm • 4:45pm
Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis with limited capacity. We encourage Team Members to arrive early, as we cannot admit anyone after the advertised showtimes.

Please note: photo and video of the show is prohibited.

Entrance Via Backstage

To access the preview, Team Members must enter backstage via the baseline service road behind The Bourne Stuntacular (adjacent to Mocambo) in Universal Studios Florida. Please have your Team Member ID out and ready to be verified to enter the queue.

Source: UOTeam: Home