Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Bourne Stuntacular - General Discussion

Agreed that this show is outstanding. The first time in many years that I came out of something with that old fashioned "wow you can't see that anywhere else" excitement that I used to get with all Universal attractions.
I think UOR are definitely early adopters of this tech which mixes practical and screens that are meant to trick the eye into not knowing what is real and what is fake. It's not cheap (it's the tech Disney uses for The Mandalorian and some MCU shows), but as time goes on, I think we'll see this used more in theme parks.

This is certainly a very enjoyable show and a great time to cool off. WaterWorld is easily the better stunt show by a mile imo, but WaterWorld isn't at UOR. My biggest gripe with this show is that the biggest spectacle ccomes from the mixing of practical and screens and not some crazy stunts. The stunts are rather mild, just look at T2 for a comparison of what can be done in that same building.

I think the tech is amazing. One thing that bugs me is the story is extremely weak, and it isn’t a full rounded attraction like T2 was. Also, they don’t “build up” to a grand finale with any sort of good story arc. T2 did this perfectly, it had you on the edge of your seat. This just goes balls to the wall straight from the start, making the finale somewhat anti-climatic.

I think the tech is amazing. One thing that bugs me is the story is extremely weak, and it isn’t a full rounded attraction like T2 was. Also, they don’t “build up” to a grand finale with any sort of good story arc. T2 did this perfectly, it had you on the edge of your seat. This just goes balls to the wall straight from the start, making the finale somewhat anti-climatic.
It’s definitely a tech and stunt showcase over character development or story. Not that that’s bad, but it could’ve used that one last element to really push it over the edge into true greatness. It’s still a great show though.

I'll be seeing the show next week for my initial showing, and probably a couple of times. From what I've seen, and read, it looks pretty damn good. But, of course, watching a video is nowhere near a live experience.
The only shortcoming I perceive is that it doesn't have that stupendous grand finale that Terminator had.

I'll be seeing the show next week for my initial showing, and probably a couple of times. From what I've seen, and read, it looks pretty damn good. But, of course, watching a video is nowhere near a live experience.
The only shortcoming I perceive is that it doesn't have that stupendous grand finale that Terminator had.
It would be neat if they kept the fog at the end of terminator and made it go off after the final explosion

It’s definitely a tech and stunt showcase over character development or story. Not that that’s bad, but it could’ve used that one last element to really push it over the edge into true greatness. It’s still a great show though.
Just add Kevin Costner

Alene, and I, accompanied by our good friend Dave , @Disneyhead, attended a showing. Dave, had previously seen it, and wanted to see what our reaction and opinion were. After viewing POV's and reading comments, I
was pretty sure I would 'like' the show. I was wrong. I 'loved' the show. Watching it live is a great example of why POV's can't capture the intensity and full range of an attraction. Bourne is very impressive, entertaining, and
pure fun. We enjoyed it so much that we attended a couple more shows during our week's vacation. And I will back off my previous comments that the finale needed upgraded. I thought it worked fine. And the heavy blast of heat as the explosion/ended
satisfied. It wasn't as stupendous a grand finale as Terminator, but I don't think any attraction has ever achieved the lofty heights of that ending. So, judging Bourne on it's own merits, the finale worked well....This is a solid addition to Studio's ;lineup, and is easily one of my favorite attractions in the park.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not to be a negative Nancy but I was not stoked when I heard this announcement at all. I like the movies but I just don’t feel like they deserve a whole attraction. I honestly feel the Terminator movies stand the test of time and it easily could’ve just been updated or made better. Or just turned into something bigger and more exciting. But that’s just my opinion and who knows maybe I’ll end up liking the ride and just eat my words

I honestly feel the Terminator movies stand the test of time and it easily could’ve just been updated or made better.

Uni did muse the idea of replacing Terminator with Avatar, but James Cameron pointed to Hogsmeade and went "I want a land". So that idea went right out the window and Terminator was on borrowed time from then since JC wasn't going to focus on his old baby over his new one.

Uni did muse the idea of replacing Terminator with Avatar, but James Cameron pointed to Hogsmeade and went "I want a land". So that idea went right out the window and Terminator was on borrowed time from then since JC wasn't going to focus on his old baby over his new one.
I'm glad we got a true "Universal Pictures" attraction instead tbh

And Avatar as a land *is* a far better use of the IP rather than an indoor show.

Got to visit the park for the first time in a while and honestly forgot this show was a thing…however, the parks were SLAMMED and this was loading a new show five minutes after we walked by so it was a nice surprise.

Overall I thought the show was super cool. The first scene had me double take who was real and who was on screen. The stunt choreography is good I guess…was a lot of punching and got a little redundant after a while. The real star of the show is the screen and the way the physical props interact with the changing camera angles to make for a very surreal sensation.

Still, despite some shaky CGI and those awkward segments in between action scenes, this is a cool show. Doesn’t hold a candle to Terminator, but I’m biased—the tech alone makes this a good replacement.

Got to visit the park for the first time in a while and honestly forgot this show was a thing…however, the parks were SLAMMED and this was loading a new show five minutes after we walked by so it was a nice surprise.

Overall I thought the show was super cool. The first scene had me double take who was real and who was on screen. The stunt choreography is good I guess…was a lot of punching and got a little redundant after a while. The real star of the show is the screen and the way the physical props interact with the changing camera angles to make for a very surreal sensation.

Still, despite some shaky CGI and those awkward segments in between action scenes, this is a cool show. Doesn’t hold a candle to Terminator, but I’m biased—the tech alone makes this a good replacement.

Yeah it can't beat Terminator but at the same time Terminator was super dated--it was getting close to having the same problems BTTF was close to having.