The Condition of the Yeti AA | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

The Condition of the Yeti AA

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Won't the ride have to go down eventually anyways for an extended amount of time for some rehabing?

Well whenever Disney builds a new Eticket at AK that will alleviate the crowds at Everest they can close it. I truly believe that within a year of the next MAJOR addition to AK we will see Everest go down for an extended time and the Yeti fixed. Problem is who would of thought when Everest opened it was going to be at least another decade before a new ride is built.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakemeister View Post
Similar subject, different ride.

Apparently Kali's refurb did little. I don't know the full details but others are posting that all effects were supposed to be back up and none are, they were supposed to restructure the entrance and they didn't, and that all that was added was an umbrella and some que artifacts

Popeye refurb ain't looking to shabby now is it...

Worse yet, apparently the PA is broken near the drop, so they've stationed a CM up there. But with the PA not working, they really can't do a proper "clear the track" announcement for ride starts, now can they? At UO, that's a big no no. All spiels and all page zones must be working before a ride can operate.

Worse yet, apparently the PA is broken near the drop, so they've stationed a CM up there. But with the PA not working, they really can't do a proper "clear the track" announcement for ride starts, now can they? At UO, that's a big no no. All spiels and all page zones must be working before a ride can operate.

I'd like to see your source. That's a big no-no at Disney too. Rides cannot open/close without PAs working in all areas.

Working PA systems are obviously one of the many steps in place to ensure the ride track is clear before cycling. This would be a serious issue with OSHA if that safety system was out and they continued to operate. Not that the park hasn't had issues with OSHA before.

This sounds bogus. What is broken about it? A cheap speaker? There is probably a PA every 20 feet on that ride so that if one was broken, it wouldn't even matter, short term.

I'm not saying I believe it. But it really wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

But that poster over there is one of the more trustworthy sources, and has been right on tech stuff relating to Disney.

Last edited:
I just watched the 2013 Disney's Christmas Day Parade and guess what? The Yeti is working!!!! They showed it, yes people they did, and all the other new stuff like a plastic band on your wrist which is like a ride itself. You know that independent and critical travel woman went to all the parks and in AK they showed the Yeti and it moved like when it opened. I really need to change my underwear and book a vacation at Disney because I really would like to see that.

I just watched the 2013 Disney's Christmas Day Parade and guess what? The Yeti is working!!!! They showed it, yes people they did, and all the other new stuff like a plastic band on your wrist which is like a ride itself. You know that independent and critical travel woman went to all the parks and in AK they showed the Yeti and it moved like when it opened. I really need to change my underwear and book a vacation at Disney because I really would like to see that.

You sure it wasn't stock footage?

It is particularly "convenient" to use "Stock Footage" of a signature effect that has been broken for 7 years. In my opinion that is borderline false advertising.

I completely agree with you in the case of the Disney Christmas Parade Commercial, but I'm not sure how I feel about the guide to the resorts channel piped into all of their hotels or the plan your trip DVD. Part of me thinks it's neat to see it actually working but let down that it will never work again and is something I will never see.

It is particularly "convenient" to use "Stock Footage" of a signature effect that has been broken for 7 years. In my opinion that is borderline false advertising.

I for one found the whole commercial (was there a show in there? (rhetorical question) an abomination topped by the showing AND mentioning of the Yeti. Someone picked THAT stock and CUT it in there. Its falls advertising and shows how Disney thinks about their customers.
Another one, some purple hair girl and her friends visit Disney Land emphasizing all the NEW stuff they can do there to go to Carsland! That thing opened June 15, 2012!

I want to congratulate them for 1 thing, the computer animation of the 7 dwarfs mine train. They show the carts not filled with happy guests but with gold and that is exactly how they see their guests.
:thumbs:

I for one found the whole commercial (was there a show in there? (rhetorical question) an abomination topped by the showing AND mentioning of the Yeti. Someone picked THAT stock and CUT it in there. Its falls advertising and shows how Disney thinks about their customers.
Another one, some purple hair girl and her friends visit Disney Land emphasizing all the NEW stuff they can do there to go to Carsland! That thing opened June 15, 2012!

I want to congratulate them for 1 thing, the computer animation of the 7 dwarfs mine train. They show the carts not filled with happy guests but with gold and that is exactly how they see their guests.
The 7DMT should be called Iger's Strip Mine Adventure!

Well Universal does still advertise the heck out of WWoHP,

The false advertising of the Yeti is rediculous though...who knows though, someone in marketing may think it still works.