The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always liked the idea of a past and future of the parks location. A combo museum and preview center.
I like that idea. I went into One Man's Dream at DHS for the first time when I was there at the beginning of the month and loved it. Something like that would be cool. History of Universal movies and Parks would be cool to see and make for a nice area to take a breather.

Reactions: belloq87
It would be such a shame for all the models and props to be sent back into storage.

I was hoping it had marked a change in Universal's thinking about permanently embracing its history in a concrete way, but perhaps not.
I can't see a reason they wouldn't be re-used elsewhere

Trying to wish into existence here, but for those with better google map skills, could a more compact boat ride and dark ride fit into current Kid Zone plot (especially since the front of the park is looking to be the new "kid zone area"? With a re-engineered entrance, having Hollywood lead into a classic Uni movie land would truly be next level.

Of course the rides would have to be top notch, not redressed Woody and ball pit, but this bit of nostalgia has me a little excited.

Trying to wish into existence here, but for those with better google map skills, could a more compact boat ride and dark ride fit into current Kid Zone plot (especially since the front of the park is looking to be the new "kid zone area"? With a re-engineered entrance, having Hollywood lead into a classic Uni movie land would truly be next level.

Of course the rides would have to be top notch, not redressed Woody and ball pit, but this bit of nostalgia has me a little excited.
Absolutely. The curious George area, woody coaster, playground, and Barney show building would provide ample room. They could even take a little bit of the backstage area behind Simpsons. In the comment section on Instagram when Universal showed the retro tribute store, they even alluded to the fact that they’re upset these attractions are gone. For once they even acknowledged the fans who miss them….. might be telling. I’d rather have them use all of the land for one, massive E-ticket rather than two smaller rides. They might need to move the ET entrance, but that would be an easy fix.

An “Epic Movie Ride” could actually be like a condensed version of the studio tour. Have several mini-scenes showcasing universal properties with Jaws and BTTF headlining. You could enter through a classic theater, and the story could be that a new “magic vehicle” is able to transport you into movies and actually bring you into the action. Things could ‘go wrong’ when it’s revealed that a ‘technical glitch’ leaves you stuck inside the movies. The first stop could be BTTF where Doc Brown tries to help you and communicates with you for the rest of the ride via a screen on your vehicle. He could become your ‘tour guide.’ He ends up bouncing you between all of these classic universal properties and the grand finale could be an encounter with jaws. Maybe Bruce attacks and Doc Brown finally brings you back to the real world just before he is able to bite the vehicle. This ride should be somewhat thrilling but not too intense, so maybe use a ride system like Indy or Dinosaur.

After seeing Top Gun: Maverick, I'd kill for Universal to make a ride based on it. It would have to be something more immersive than the old Top Gun/ Afterburn/ Flight Deck coasters.

Reactions: Ahmanet
After seeing Top Gun: Maverick, I'd kill for Universal to make a ride based on it. It would have to be something more immersive than the old Top Gun/ Afterburn/ Flight Deck coasters.
Oooh! A new ride based on lots of action and really fast vehicles sounds like the perfect match!!!

Clearly it needs to be a simulated bus ride going going to MCO where Maverick talks about family every chance he can!

Absolutely. The curious George area, woody coaster, playground, and Barney show building would provide ample room. They could even take a little bit of the backstage area behind Simpsons. In the comment section on Instagram when Universal showed the retro tribute store, they even alluded to the fact that they’re upset these attractions are gone. For once they even acknowledged the fans who miss them….. might be telling. I’d rather have them use all of the land for one, massive E-ticket rather than two smaller rides. They might need to move the ET entrance, but that would be an easy fix.

An “Epic Movie Ride” could actually be like a condensed version of the studio tour. Have several mini-scenes showcasing universal properties with Jaws and BTTF headlining. You could enter through a classic theater, and the story could be that a new “magic vehicle” is able to transport you into movies and actually bring you into the action. Things could ‘go wrong’ when it’s revealed that a ‘technical glitch’ leaves you stuck inside the movies. The first stop could be BTTF where Doc Brown tries to help you and communicates with you for the rest of the ride via a screen on your vehicle. He could become your ‘tour guide.’ He ends up bouncing you between all of these classic universal properties and the grand finale could be an encounter with jaws. Maybe Bruce attacks and Doc Brown finally brings you back to the real world just before he is able to bite the vehicle. This ride should be somewhat thrilling but not too intense, so maybe use a ride system like Indy or Dinosaur.

I love this!

The idea is so blue sky I feel like it's technically not even worth bringing up as much as we have recently, but god if the EMR ride idea isn't kinda perfect? It screams USF, it would be the perfect signature attraction for the park. One that exemplifies the motto and theme while also doing a ton to represent a lot of the park's history even in little ways. By giving the classic properties a new life in this single location, it also allows for newer properties and rides to take over stuff around the park without feeling like we are losing too much. I would be floored if it ever ends up being considered for even a second, but regardless it would be such a solid move towards improving USF.

The idea is so blue sky I feel like it's technically not even worth bringing up as much as we have recently, but god if the EMR ride idea isn't kinda perfect? It screams USF, it would be the perfect signature attraction for the park. One that exemplifies the motto and theme while also doing a ton to represent a lot of the park's history even in little ways. By giving the classic properties a new life in this single location, it also allows for newer properties and rides to take over stuff around the park without feeling like we are losing too much. I would be floored if it ever ends up being considered for even a second, but regardless it would be such a solid move towards improving USF.
The park needs something that people can flock too. It can also tick the box for the entire nostalgia market with a single attraction. Each mini-scene can even borrow elements from the defunct attractions to further appease everybody. It would finally be a thesis attraction for the park

Reactions: belloq87
I think this idea is becoming less blue sky and more of a reaction to how Universal is changing how they treat their legacy properties. Tribute Store is the newest example, legit effort put into it to create an interesting experience tied to classic properties.

I think this idea is becoming less blue sky and more of a reaction to how Universal is changing how they treat their legacy properties. Tribute Store is the newest example, legit effort put into it to create an interesting experience tied to classic properties.
It's funny how a fully functioning Nickelodeon Studio that's responsible for generating shows that literally defined our childhood existed at Universal, and we just never talk about it

Granted, Viacom...but still

You never know, this tribute store might be a test to see just how popular these properties are. If it really over-performs, the chances of an epic movie ride are a whole lot higher than they would’ve been previously. Although we like to theorize about “bringing jaws back” or “bringing BTTF back” in the same sentence, these are major attractions. It would be like asking cedar point to build two major coasters back to back. A single attraction alone requires years of planning and pre-construction. With such a long list of things that we’re begging to be brought back, an entire park could be filled with these attractions. This would likely never happen, as it’s simply too far-fetched. You can’t simply “build it again.” Each attraction would need time and tireless hours of planning. It’s becoming more and more likely to me that universal is considering a single, large attraction that satisfies fans of all the legacy attractions. Everyone is pleased and all boxes are ticked, but universal only has to go through the strenuous planning and development process once. I see this as a kidzone replacement eventually. They can just slap up a wall between Simpsons and ET and get to work in a dead-end section without worrying about crowds or paths like they did with Velocicoaster. With how much effort was put into the legacy store, I firmly believe that it’s a test of some kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.