The Exorcist: Believer (HHN 2023) | Inside Universal Forums

The Exorcist: Believer (HHN 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
The Exorcist: Believer
Inspired by Universal Pictures’ terrifying new horror film from Blumhouse and Morgan Creek Entertainment (in theaters Friday, October 13), “The Exorcist: Believer” haunted house will transport guests to a bustling street market in Haiti, where an innocent purchase of a strange folk doll with three eyes leads to the opening of a demonic portal, the awakening of sinister spirits and the subsequent disappearance of two 12-year-old girls in the U.S. The girls are found three days later with no memory of what happened to them. After the girls begin to exhibit unsettling behavior, it soon becomes clear that only an exorcism can save them – and everyone who comes in contact with them, including unwitting guests, is suddenly at risk of losing their souls.

Wonder how the spoiler-averse will feel about going through a house for a movie being released after the event starts?

I’m not spoiler-averse at all but I do think it will be kinda confusing/disorienting. Have we had this happen before?

Reactions: saint.piss
Wonder how the spoiler-averse will feel about going through a house for a movie being released after the event starts?

I’m not spoiler-averse at all but I do think it will be kinda confusing/disorienting. Have we had this happen before?

It'll be weird but it's happened before, especially with Insidious 4 (not a lot of what's in the maze made it in).

This description, amusingly, already includes a lot more detail than we got in the trailer.

• Haha
Reactions: Clive

Yes, we've had multiple instances where a featured IP doesn't release until after the event starts.

2009 - The Wolfman
2011 - The Thing
2014 - Dracula: Untold
2017 - Insidious 4 (Hollywood)/Blumhouse (Orlando)
2022 - Evil Dead Rise (If it hadn't been pushed to May 2023)

Yes, we've had multiple instances where a featured IP doesn't release until after the event starts.

2009 - The Wolfman
2011 - The Thing
2014 - Dracula: Untold
2017 - Insidious 4 (Hollywood)/Blumhouse (Orlando)
2022 - Evil Dead Rise (If it hadn't been pushed to May 2023)
I don't think they had release date set for Evil Dead Rise before they pushed it to 2023. I remember it was gonna go straight to streaming sometime in fall 2022 before they pushed that summer to this year so it could be in theaters, but they never had an official date for 2022.

In any case, still an interesting circumstance even if it's happened before. I'm super intrigued by this one.

I had no real intent to see the film so on top of having no idea whats happening in the maze by virtue of it not being out yet, I will probably never find out what's happening at all :cool:.
As much as I'm not excited for this, I'm just glad it's not the orginal again. Kinda wouldve prefered if this was just Horrors of Blumhouse: Exorcist and M3gan frankly. Hope theres enough for it to stand on its own and be engaging, considering with EDR potentially coming too, Exorcist lands as the less flashy and engaging of the two possession-based properties this year.

The Exorcist: Believer
Inspired by Universal Pictures’ terrifying new horror film from Blumhouse and Morgan Creek Entertainment (in theaters Friday, October 13), “The Exorcist: Believer” haunted house will transport guests to a bustling street market in Haiti, where an innocent purchase of a strange folk doll with three eyes leads to the opening of a demonic portal, the awakening of sinister spirits and the subsequent disappearance of two 12-year-old girls in the U.S. The girls are found three days later with no memory of what happened to them. After the girls begin to exhibit unsettling behavior, it soon becomes clear that only an exorcism can save them – and everyone who comes in contact with them, including unwitting guests, is suddenly at risk of losing their souls.
Sounds like we're getting a variety of settings, already sounds better than the 2016 Exorcist.

We have no idea how the maze will be, and there were few to no black walls last year. For all we know, it could be like the original Exorcist maze, or it could be no black walls at all, or it could just be the finale of the maze...

Reactions: saint.piss