The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 40 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is dumb and impractical and it will never happen but let a man dream.

Get rid of Reign of Kong. Move the AA and remix the Kong ride into the F&F building. Hell you could make it cable cars since it's in San Fran. Modify some of the screen rooms and end with going past Kong like the old ride. Boom.

Use the new Reign of Kong land for a JW/JP attraction.
I'd be totally up for this. Bring Kong back to USF.

Although I would miss the Kong facade in IOA.

Reactions: tankart150 and Nico
I can't see a thrill coaster fitting in Supercharged's plot... i wouldn't mind seeing them replace Simpsons land with a large scale roller coaster... maybe our Fast and Furious coaster could be Tokyo Drift? and that whole area can a cool skyline... I don't know I'm just spitballing

I can't see a thrill coaster fitting in Supercharged's plot... i wouldn't mind seeing them replace Simpsons land with a large scale roller coaster... maybe our Fast and Furious coaster could be Tokyo Drift? and that whole area can a cool skyline... I don't know I'm just spitballing

I think it is pretty easy to overlook just how big that plot of land actually is. You can easily fit in the Velocicoaster paddock portion and have enough room for more of track before even thinking of using the facade/lagoon area.

I think it is pretty easy to overlook just how big that plot of land actually is. You can easily fit in the Velocicoaster paddock portion and have enough room for more of track before even thinking of using the facade/lagoon area.

Yea - it's massive back there.

BUT when the time comes, I don't think we're getting a coaster over here

Yea - it's massive back there.

BUT when the time comes, I don't think we're getting a coaster over here
I believe it has been touched on in another thread that Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket may not have much time left before it reaches the end of its service life. Couldn't another coaster kind of on par with F&F thrill wise replace HRRR albeit modified to fit in the space?

Reactions: tankart150
I believe it has been touched on in another thread that Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket may not have much time left before it reaches the end of its service life. Couldn't another coaster kind of on par with F&F thrill wise replace HRRR albeit modified to fit in the space?
I could be wrong, but I don't think there's much credible speculation about the future of H:RRR at this point. as to your second point: maybe! but that's all blue sky at this point.

Probably after Zelda and Phase 2 Epic additions.
The Phase 2 expansions for EU are faaaaaar away. I imagine EU won't see those expansion plots used until at least 2030 and I really doubt Supercharged will be sticking around till 2030.

I know many have stated that The Simpsons contract might be ending in 2028, but I honestly think it would be smarter for Universal to just extend the contract and work on a replacement/revamp of Supercharged. If Zelda arrives shortly after EU, then USF is gonna need some love as well.

The Phase 2 expansions for EU are faaaaaar away. I imagine EU won't see those expansion plots used until at least 2030 and I really doubt Supercharged will be sticking around till 2030.

I know many have stated that The Simpsons contract might be ending in 2028, but I honestly think it would be smarter for Universal to just extend the contract and work on a replacement/revamp of Supercharged. If Zelda arrives shortly after EU, then USF is gonna need some love as well.
Those EU expansions may be sooner than you think if they find the park is lacking capacity or some specific demographic.

I think there are probably plans for just about any attraction at Studios to be replaced if/when they decide the time is right. It's all going to come down to priority and opportunity, and just like Twister and Kid Zone there may be death warrants issued and pulled again when the company decides something else is priority.

Universal always has aces up their sleeves... the question is what card do they pull? Epic can be such a huge success that it won't need an expansion and USF could falter in attendance (or remain stagnant), resulting in USF projects being emphasized. Or... USF gets enough attendance at events that they pull an Epcot and leave it alone, doing just enough updates to keep it breathing while the other parks thrive with new projects.

Not saying EU won't get a project sooner than later once it opens... but this is a company that is known for last-minute changes. So until construction physically occurs, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Not that Universal won't build anything at all.. just a matter of which project they decided to hone on. Maybe we're lucky and they choose all of them lol

What has become of my beloved Creature? I thought he was first up in the expansion queue.
caddyshack-judge.gif