The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Fast and Furious: Supercharged

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yes August to november,,
squidward.jpg

Let the 8/30-11/3 HHN rumors re-commence hah! (only partially kidding)

Last edited:
I’ve always wanted to see that replace Transformers. That way we could get rid of the big ugly box in the middle of New York and it could tie into illumination ave.
You leave the giant box of doom alone. I racked up 100+ rides in there before moving to the west coast & getting another 100+ rides on that! (Now I just need to go to Singapore lol)

For Supercharged, I’ve always thought a new, indoor version of Jaws
JAWS 360 3D :skull:

Close it, gut the warehouse, make a Twister / Earthquake hollywood disaster special effect showcase combo ride, with the existing ride vehicles. Put the studio back into the studio park.

Heck throw in some random IP to tie it together. Brendan’s coffee getting sucked into the twister?

Okay bye.

Close it, gut the warehouse, make a Twister / Earthquake hollywood disaster special effect showcase combo ride, with the existing ride vehicles. Put the studio back into the studio park.

Heck throw in some random IP to tie it together. Brendan’s coffee getting sucked into the twister?

Okay bye.
If they really wanted to, they could gut the building and keep the ride system and build something similar to Hollywood’s tram tour earthquake

While we don't know what Universal will replace Supercharged with I am going to guess that some large scale dark ride would be on the table. But if they got creative maybe they could fit some sort of indoor coaster In there was well. I measured both Mummy and the Supercharged buildings on Google Earth and they are very close in square feet.

Another thing I am more curious about if Universal does indeed get rid of Supercharged in favor of a totally different IP, is what would the future of the F&F IP be at UOR? I imagine Universal would want to have it represented at the resort in some major way still.

Reactions: biggerboat16
Um.... they already did that in 1990 when the park opened. It was called "Earthquake: The Big One". It was an exact replica experience, except with an added "subway station" load/unload platform & a tunnel to the next "stop" (aka- the attraction)
Yeah that’s what I meant. Orlando’s earthquake was different though. You pulled into the tunnel in a train car, the earthquake happened, then you reversed back to the load station.

Hollywood uses the tram for theirs. Instead of reversing back through after the scene is over, you continue out the other side, unlike the old Orlando version. What I’m saying is that they could keep the party bus, which in all essence is a tram, rip out the screen tunnel, and build the Earthquake to match the Hollywood version which also relies on a tram.

Blue sky armchair imagineering but hey, you never know

Rumors like this are so frustrating to follow. It's so heavily based around drawing in those sweet sweet clickbait views. The article states the rumor is solely a temporary shutdown for the F&F house spot at HHN, but then rides that to lead discussion to "F&F PERMANENTLY CLOSING??? BUDGET CUTS???"

Whether it happens or not, meh. I don't see the logic in shutting down a ride that has a sponsorship when there are much bigger fish to fry in the near future (Lost Continent, FFL, Simpsons, etc.). Let it help the park capacity out. But it's also a trash ride that I struggle to muster any real feelings towards one way or another lol.

Me rn:

8hi4qn.jpg
I mean how can we justify this being closed during for the season for anything other than cost savings unless they are actually using part of the attraction for the house. Park hours are literally 8-5 anyway during HHN. They wouldn't even need this until after if it's just the queue.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Orlando’s earthquake was different though. You pulled into the tunnel in a train car, the earthquake happened, then you reversed back to the load station.
When Universal Orlando was built, they took Kong, Jaws & Earthquake from Hollywood's Studio Tour & made them into their own rides. Same vibes, just bigger scale.

Unlike Kong & Jaws, Earthquake was pretty much an exact replica of Hollywood's with extra fluff/pre-show beforehand. If they replaced Supercharged with it, they'd just be building what already existed. There was no difference between Hollywood & Orlando when it came to the ride experience.

Supercharged was dead on arrival, even in Hollywood. The combination of this ride, the teaser-cliffhanger setup ending of 7, & Fast 8 is what killed my love of the franchise. Refuse to watch 9, 10, 11, or 12-14..
(although Tokyo Drift is my favorite, except for Dom's ending cameo)

Last edited: