The Future of Halloween Horror Nights | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Halloween Horror Nights

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

JungleSkip

V.I.P. Member
Feb 15, 2010
The Mushroom Kingdom
So, with discussions about Nintendo's future footprint possibly affecting 1-3 house locations, Fast & Furious's imminent take over of Disaster and San Fran, and Marvel's rumored expansion taking the Carnage Warehouse with it, I thought it would be a good idea to have a discussion place for the future of Halloween Horror Nights and the possibility of major changes coming to the event as the next few years progress.

Thoughts?

So, with discussions about Nintendo's future footprint possibly affecting 1-3 house locations, Fast & Furious's imminent take over of Disaster and San Fran, and Marvel's rumored expansion taking the Carnage Warehouse with it, I thought it would be a good idea to have a discussion place for the future of Halloween Horror Nights and the possibility of major changes coming to the event as the next few years progress.

Thoughts?

I have it that, without authority, HHN has been forced into the plans of almost every major E-ticket coming to US. That along with other very clever solutions should keep HHN safe and sound and within its most recent boundaries for years to come.

I have it that, without authority, HHN has been forced into the plans of almost every major E-ticket coming to US. That along with other very clever solutions should keep HHN safe and sound and within its most recent boundaries for years to come.

Well that's interesting. In reality, the houses that could be affected by KidZone becoming Nintendo could be scrunched into very little land, the only problem would be queue setups.

How the Disaster house survives post F&F is very interesting to me.

Intriguing. When you say 'within its most recent boundaries' do you mean tents vs. soundstages or that there will always be 8 or 9 houses?

Good to hear Teebin. Also good to hear that Universal is strongly committed to keeping HHN as a major event.

Good to hear Teebin. Also good to hear that Universal is strongly committed to keeping HHN as a major event.

It makes stupid amounts of money. There's no way they wouldn't at least have contingency plans. It's just going to be interesting to see the even grow and evolve with all the work that's on its way

I'm not worried about HHN whatsoever, when there's a will there's a way. It makes so much money that universal won't just kill it off, if they run out of space they'll just find another space. IOA itself could hold an entire event if they wanted it too. This is the same department that made an entire house in weeks we are talking about here

i have it that, without authority, hhn has been forced into the plans of almost every major e-ticket coming to us. That along with other very clever solutions should keep hhn safe and sound and within its most recent boundaries for years to come.

omg that means hhn at ioa cuz nintendo iz replacing marvel omgzzzzzzzz

There is still a ton of space in the park we don't see..With the exception of F&F...I really don't see how they can work around that one..

Everything else they can easily work around, well, not easily, but it can be done

Thoughts?

Whoa, whoa. What's this about F&F taking over Disaster?

Couple of locations I was thinking of as I was looking at Google Maps...

1) Shrek overflow queue - House entrance to line could be where the Transformers Meet and Greet is, queue could be backstage, there is a ton of room back there..exit would take you out to the Hollywood Street

2) Behind MIB and Between FFL - This area has been proposed before

3) Terminator Queue and Backstage area - If I remember the Terminator overflow queue is quite expansive and there is backstage room behind it

4) New Location over the Lagoon - I know this is super crazy, but if you look throughout the lagoon there are structures hanging out over the water...we could see a tent/or structure built over the water and themed to a warehouse...

Couple of locations I was thinking of as I was looking at Google Maps...

1) Shrek overflow queue - House entrance to line could be where the Transformers Meet and Greet is, queue could be backstage, there is a ton of room back there..exit would take you out to the Hollywood Street

2) Behind MIB and Between FFL - This area has been proposed before

3) Terminator Queue and Backstage area - If I remember the Terminator overflow queue is quite expansive and there is backstage room behind it

4) New Location over the Lagoon - I know this is super crazy, but if you look throughout the lagoon there are structures hanging out over the water...we could see a tent/or structure built over the water and themed to a warehouse...
2 and 3 seem to be the best fits and most likely candidates out of what you listed. The MIB/FFL area would be a great spot since that back area by MIB is pretty dead for the most part outside of B&T.

2 and 3 seem to be the best fits and most likely candidates out of what you listed. The MIB/FFL area would be a great spot since that back area by MIB is pretty dead for the most part outside of B&T.

Yea. Have the queue for the MIB house start between Diagon and FFL where the Jaws house queue used to be and then go backstage towards MIB, and the house could empty out by MIB. Terminator would be a little more wonky of a queue setup, but it could probably start at the backstage area where the parade enters from and go from there.