The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 104 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Can't say I like its chances. But I know I'm one of a single hand count's worth of people who likes it.
I’m just beyond convinced this will be Zelda. If EU is by 2025, then maybe this for 2026? Close all of LC and start construction, maybe minus Mythos till EU opens and then open it late 2026. Adds a draw to the other parks after the new one, have Pokémon at EU for 2027, Creature Ride for 2028, boom, the future.

Main point tho, I can see them using LC as just what it is now, wasted empty space, until 2023. Which is sad but for some reason I feel I can see it! I would think they need the capacity but who knows.

I think they should de Zelda at LC even before they do open EU.

Guessing it's all hands on deck for EU. I think VC's going to have to be enough to tide people over for the next few years, because that's the consequence of building a new park. Especially in the aftermath of the worst year for the amusement industry in the last 75 years.

Guessing it's all hands on deck for EU. I think VC's going to have to be enough to tide people over for the next few years, because that's the consequence of building a new park. Especially in the aftermath of the worst year for the amusement industry in the last 75 years.
I think Studios will get something before summer 2024. Maybe two things.

But IoA is likely standing pat for now.

I think Studios will get something before summer 2024. Maybe two things.

But IoA is likely standing pat for now.

Agreed. With VC already looking to be a success, as well as a very busy Summer and Fall on the horizon, I don't see them not adding anything before EU. IoA is definitely good for now, Studios could use some additions/changes.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
Eh, Studios has two excellent shows as is. But then again there's like, four empty theaters on property now? Maybe five depending on PF?
I personally count seven excellent opportunities to add or restart show based attractions.
1) Toon Lagoon Amphitheater
2) Sindbad Theater
3) PF (if we're counting this)
4) Nickelodeon/Blue Man Group theater
5) Fear Factor
6) Barney (occupied by a low budget meet and greet)
7) Outdoor concert stage not currently being used near RRR

Regarding what might come to UOR between now and EU, I think a show based attraction would make a lot of sense.

I personally count seven excellent opportunities to add or restart show based attractions.
1) Toon Lagoon Amphitheater
2) Sindbad Theater
3) PF (if we're counting this)
4) Nickelodeon/Blue Man Group theater
5) Fear Factor
6) Barney (occupied by a low budget meet and greet)
7) Outdoor concert stage not currently being used near RRR

Regarding what might come to UOR between now and EU, I think a show based attraction would make a lot of sense.
They need all these spaces for Hagrid's extended queue

But seriously...I feel like adding a show to IOA would be a bit of a challenge.

I know we've brought up a Marvel Stunt show or retheming half of LC to Waterworld or whatever

It just seems like a ride of some kind would be better

Reactions: JoeCamel
They need all these spaces for Hagrid's extended queue

But seriously...I feel like adding a show to IOA would be a bit of a challenge.

I know we've brought up a Marvel Stunt show or retheming half of LC to Waterworld or whatever

It just seems like a ride of some kind would be better
IOA has no shows, and 3 theatres, it shouldn’t be that hard imo. That park desperately needs a show

IOA has no shows, and 3 theatres, it shouldn’t be that hard imo. That park desperately needs a show
Two theaters. Sinbad and Toon. Poseidon is a full-on attraction that can’t really be converted into anything that different than what is already there. It may feature a performer, but it has more in common with Jungle Cruise than Borne. And what it does have in common with Borne, is that it’s mostly a movie. That isn’t exactly an easy or cheap thing to transition.

Sinbad was built specifically for a stunt show, including pretty elaborate set-pieces. That means they have to create a new stunt show with the same stunts, pay to convert the space to new stunts, or write a show that underuses the space completely.

Then there is Toon, which is arguably the best theater space on property. It can be rigged for flying stunts above the audience, it has a full fly system to change backdrops, and it’s just BIG. Its lack of use for guests is one of the biggest shortcomings at the entire resort.

So, why don’t they do anything with it?

For starters, it’s in an odd place. A Toon Lagoon show has already failed and the characters associated with land have lost the necessary relevance to make it a worthwhile draw. Only Peabody and Sherman have something current, but it’s not really popular. They could go with a Marvel show, but there’s a lot of risks if it’s a BAD show. They could go with something that loosely fits with Toon by strictly be animated, but then... well...

... where will the cheerleaders go?

Universal actually PROFITS off the theater being empty. The cheerleading competitions pay to use the theater, and Universal benefits from thousands of cheerleaders and their families going through the park to perform “at” Islands of Adventure.

Two theaters. Sinbad and Toon. Poseidon is a full-on attraction that can’t really be converted into anything that different than what is already there. It may feature a performer, but it has more in common with Jungle Cruise than Borne. And what it does have in common with Borne, is that it’s mostly a movie. That isn’t exactly an easy or cheap thing to transition.

Sinbad was built specifically for a stunt show, including pretty elaborate set-pieces. That means they have to create a new stunt show with the same stunts, pay to convert the space to new stunts, or write a show that underuses the space completely.

Then there is Toon, which is arguably the best theater space on property. It can be rigged for flying stunts above the audience, it has a full fly system to change backdrops, and it’s just BIG. Its lack of use for guests is one of the biggest shortcomings at the entire resort.

For starters, it’s in an odd place. A Toon Lagoon show has already failed and the characters associated with land have lost the necessary relevance to make it a worthwhile draw. Only Peabody and Sherman have something current, but it’s not really popular. They could go with a Marvel show, but there’s a lot of risks if it’s a BAD show. They could go with something that loosely fits with Toon by strictly be animated, but then... well...

Universal actually PROFITS off the theater being empty. The cheerleading competitions pay to use the theater, and Universal benefits from thousands of cheerleaders and their families going through the park to perform “at” Islands of Adventure.
I don’t think people realize Sindbad doesn’t really have a “stage”. It’s not like Wild Wild Wild West with a big open space. It’s a fully incorporated and fully rigged set created specifically for a very specific show.

Now, if you gut it, and then build a flat stage in its place, keeping the audience stands, then yea, it would be another multi purpose stage like in Toon.

Are there really no other spots for cheer competitions to compete in/receive awards? Just thinking about the soundstages (which I know are partly occupied by HHN for a good chunk of the year, but rarely are they all used), meeting space at the larger hotels, maybe the Plaza berm?

Plus they just renovated the Sindbad stage two years before they shut it down. It was in poor condition before the renovation, but it should be fine as long as Universal performed preventive maintenance since the show closed.